Rumor: Kovalchuk available

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Kovalchuk??????? He is locker room poison. Has he ever sniffed a cup????? The guy needs to rot in Siberia. LA, c'mon!!, do you wonder why you were so bad this year???? The guy turns gold into cat feces.

Actually Kings go without Carter all last year, make playoffs.
Kings have Carter this year, they suck, Carter gets hurt like 4 games ago Kings take 7 out of 8 possible points.
Coincidence?

Kovy has been a team player.

Last edited:

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Still got posted here and was seen as valid enough to not be locked and also went for several pages. Iow, I wasn’t pulling stuff outta my arse.

Just cause some random poster post something on here,doesnt prove its credible. People post Eklund here,doesnt prove legitimacy.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
So what would the asking price be from Vancouver? The contract isn't a deal killer, but we can't surrender premium futures for Kovalchuk. We would also have to move some roster players around, so is there a current roster need that LA is looking to fill?
Picks and quality propects.

robitaillefan

Bababooey,Tatatoothy
Sep 7, 2005
BC, CANADA!
Just cause some random poster post something on here,doesnt prove its credible. People post Eklund here,doesnt prove legitimacy.
Of course it’s not credible. That’s why it’s labeled as a rumour. I’m no Eklund but I believe it to be true. Why wouldn’t it be ? He’s no bum. He can still play. Just not with la

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
OK then you keep him. Sorry. I am sure the fans of the Devils would appreciate the fact that he is no good. Have fun ending the season in last place in the NHL...…..or damn well close to it.

I thinks that's the plan,getting the best available draft position.

Last edited:

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Of course it’s not credible. That’s why it’s labeled as a rumour. I’m no Eklund but I believe it to be true. Why wouldn’t it be ? He’s no bum. He can still play. Just not with la
Just stating a point to the poster that just cause its posted,doesnt always make it true.I used Eklund as a example counter point to his argument.Relax big homie.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Actually Kings go without Carter all last year, make playoffs.
Kings have Carter this year, they suck, Carter gets hurt like 4 games ago Kings take 7 out of 8 possible points.
Coincidence?

Also, "Carter" and "Cancer" differ by only two letter substitutions. Coincidence?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I am a big Kovalchuk fan and think he would be a dynamite finisher with Krejci and DeBrusk with the right salary retention. Kovalchuk and the Bruins were in serious talks before he chose the Kings so I'd assume there is a mutual interest there.

I'd also assume one of the Bruins young ELC players (Heinen, Bjork, JFK, Donato) would be the starters and then the 1st if there is salary retention. Would that be the ballpark?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I am a big Kovalchuk fan and think he would be a dynamite finisher with Krejci and DeBrusk with the right salary retention. Kovalchuk and the Bruins were in serious talks before he chose the Kings so I'd assume there is a mutual interest there.

I'd also assume one of the Bruins young ELC players (Heinen, Bjork, JFK, Donato) would be the starters and then the 1st if there is salary retention. Would that be the ballpark?

Yep. The right ballpark indeed. Kings can retain 50% for that type of return.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

Lol thanks. However the mods do a good job locking up the real rubbish...and again, I was showing that I didn’t grab the rumor out of thin air.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
11 goals in 45 games. 6.25mil for 2 more years and a 35+ contract...

Can’t see any team moving anything of significance for this trash contract

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

I think you're probably overpaying. I like Kovalchuk, it feels like he hasn't been given the right opportunities to succeed in LA and he shows flashes of his former elite play, however he will be collecting his pension soon.

A 2nd for Kovalchuk with say 10% retained would probably be fair for both parties.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I think you're probably overpaying. I like Kovalchuk, it feels like he hasn't been given the right opportunities to succeed in LA and he shows flashes of his former elite play, however he will be collecting his pension soon.

A 2nd for Kovalchuk with say 10% retained would probably be fair for both parties.

What's the cost of 50% retained?

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
What's the cost of 50% retained?

Im not sure that LA would absorb 50%. If they hope to do a quick refresh instead of a rebuild then i doubt they do. If they plan on shitting the bed for 3 years then its not a big problem.

..... to answer your question it would probably be closer to your original offer of a 1st +. But surely there a better ways of burning a high pick than on kovalchuk.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Im not sure that LA would absorb 50%. If they hope to do a quick refresh instead of a rebuild then i doubt they do. If they plan on ****ting the bed for 3 years then its not a big problem.

..... to answer your question it would probably be closer to your original offer of a 1st +. But surely there a better ways of burning a high pick than on kovalchuk.

Yeah, as I typed this Kypreos on HNIC said that retention on Kovalchuk was as high as 20-25%. So, let's assume the range is for as high as a quarter of his salary. He also said the Bruins were the 2nd team in the bidding war for his services this summer and his 2nd choice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad