Kouleas-Button prospects show

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
I hate how they only do Canadian teams. If you're going to do it, do every team. It's the NHL.

More Bruins, Red Wings, Blackhawks, Rangers fans in Canada than Ottawa or Winnipeg.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I also don't get how they graded Winnipeg's prospects so lowly and did not mention one of their better prospects IMO Telegin, yet they came in 15th in the overall rankings, unless they were including the prospects already on the NHL roster.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Yah that was bad.

They spelt Jared Cowen's name wrong as well, and called him a 3-4 defenceman, yet Erik Condra was labelled as a 2nd liner.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

Yah that was bad.

They spelt Jared Cowen's name wrong as well, and called him a 3-4 defenceman, yet Erik Condra was labelled as a 2nd liner.
and? Don't see how that's that controversial.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Not surprising that he ranks the Flames' "prospect pool" so high considering his connection. What a joke. They have probably one of the worst prospect pools in the league.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
and? Don't see how that's that controversial.

1) That's twice that they spelled his name wrong
2) If you're going to call Cowen a #3-4 defenceman, you might as well keep on hating and don't consider Condra a top 6 forward, because he is and will not be one.

That's how it's controversial.

arsmaster*

Not surprising that he ranks the Flames' "prospect pool" so high considering his connection. What a joke. They have probably one of the worst prospect pools in the league.

Calgary has the worst system in the league.

It was a poor program all around.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Button is a joke. Firstly, all the prospects listed were labelled as either 2nd or 3rd liners / 2nd dmen or 3rd 4th dmen.

Secondly, he raved about prospects that have struggled such as Tinordi, who couldnt make the US WJC team, Irving who at 23 has yet to play an NHL game etc.

TYayo

Sep 10, 2009
How'd the Canuck fans feel about Button projecting CH as a 3rd Liner...and Steve saying he scored 30 points in 54 games in the AHL but no1 expects him to do that in the show...
Riots tonight??

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
How'd the Canuck fans feel about Button projecting CH as a 3rd Liner...and Steve saying he scored 30 points in 54 games in the AHL but no1 expects him to do that in the show...
Riots tonight??

Well on the nucks Hodgson will be the 3rd line centre behind Kesler and Hank, no riots over silly comments by Steve.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Riots tonight??

Regardless of team, anyone up in arms about something said during that terrible program is an idiot. As is whoever wrote that script.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Well, Kouly knows a ton about the game and a lot of history of the game as well, but prospects are simply not his focus.

Button is supposed to be on there to give his expertise on the prospects, but he's an idiot.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
Well, Kouly knows a ton about the game and a lot of history of the game as well, but prospects are simply not his focus.

Button is supposed to be on there to give his expertise on the prospects, but he's an idiot.

This is the problem in a nutshell. Koulas seemed to have understanding but little specific knowledge about prospects. Button on the other had knows lots about prospects and knows of the prospects from each teams system but has such limited understanding that his knowledge becomes effectively worthless.

I also thought they had a strange system for deciding who was a prospect. Seems to me it was anyone from the 2008-10 draft regardless of how many years they've spent in the NHL plus the players that haven't made the NHL. So Schenn and Kane are considered prospects while Subban and Eller aren't. This made the Habs in particular look bad as the heart of their youth movement is from the 2007 draft (Eller, Pacioretty, Subban and Weber).

I also though Calgary's group was over-rated. With the loss of Erixon they really don't have much. This is to be expected as they don't have a single 1st round pick in their prospect system right now.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
This is the problem in a nutshell. Koulas seemed to have understanding but little specific knowledge about prospects. Button on the other had knows lots about prospects and knows of the prospects from each teams system but has such limited understanding that his knowledge becomes effectively worthless.

I also thought they had a strange system for deciding who was a prospect. Seems to me it was anyone from the 2008-10 draft regardless of how many years they've spent in the NHL plus the players that haven't made the NHL. So Schenn and Kane are considered prospects while Subban and Eller aren't. This made the Habs in particular look bad as the heart of their youth movement is from the 2007 draft (Eller, Pacioretty, Subban and Weber).

I also though Calgary's group was over-rated. With the loss of Erixon they really don't have much. This is to be expected as they don't have a single 1st round pick in their prospect system right now.

Yes they do, Nemisz and Irving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad