Speculation: KOTR's Fan Base Mock (Your pick has been made)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Shot out and stealing this idea that was never followed through by Candy Canes. Thought it would be interesting to try it again as I liked the idea originally. Also a chance to change history if you voted in the last go round. Trying to make it through the entire first round before the draft.

Currently on the clock: Columbus (Your pick is made)

Rules:

I will be making posts on teams main forums, so look out for yours when your team is up to pick! When the team is up to pick, the fans of that team will post their player they want drafted with that pick. After about 24 hours at 8:00 AM (Pacific) the player that was said the most on the forum will be the team's selection! If a tie breaker happens to be needed I will give that team extra time until the next vote is cast.

-You as a voter, can only vote once.
-You can only select one player.
-Of course like a real draft, once a player is selected they can not be drafted again.
-Please make your pick clear and separate your commentary where possible.
-Thanks for participating.

The entire mock will be updated on the Mock Board section under KOTR's Fan Base Mock.

1-EDMONTON=Connor McDavid
2-BUFFALO=Jack Eichel
3-ARIZONA=Dylan Strome
4-TORONTO=Noah Hanifin
5-CAROLINA=Mitch Marner
6-NEW JERSEY=Matthew Barzal
7-PHILLY=Ivan Provorov
8-COLUMBUS=Zach Werenski
9-SAN JOSE
10-COLORADO
11-FLORIDA
12-DALLAS
13-LA
14-BOSTON
15-CALGARY
16-EDMONTON
17-WINNIPEG
18-OTTAWA
19-DETROIT
20-MINNESOTA
21-BUFFALO
22-WASHINGTON
23-VANCOUVER
24-TORONTO
25-WINNIPEG
26-MONTREAL
27-ARIZONA
28-PHILLY
29-ANAHEIM
30-TAMPA BAY

Last edited:

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Again trying to follow this idea through the first round. Last one stopped at 13. I believe last time the vote was a tie between Rantanen and Werenski and decided by a coin flip.

Figured I give fans a chance to vote again.

Please make your pick clear i.e.:

McDavid

Commentary can go under it like this.

Thanks again for participating.

Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Werenski.

Can argue BPA with a couple other guys, but D is huge position of need and he's not a reach at #8 either.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Werenski

I liked the first vote better when Provorov was available. :cry:

I am concerned about the college thing but I'll vote Werenski as a vote for D,D,D,D,D. :laugh:

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Werenski.

You can't pass up on him, if he's still on the board. From all scouring reports, he looks to have great potential at both ends of the ice which I think is key in a prospect. Too often we see guys touted as prospects for their shutdown abilities. If you don't have a 2 way game as a prospect, then I have little confidence you can handle the speed and lack of space you get in the NHL. Personally, I don't think he'll be there, in which case I like Kylington and Provorov as well.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Package the pick for Vlasic :)

Screw it – Werenski. Changed from Rantanen, but I'd still prefer to trade the pick with Provorov off the board.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Werenski.

You can't pass up on him, if he's still on the board. From all scouring reports, he looks to have great potential at both ends of the ice which I think is key in a prospect. Too often we see guys touted as prospects for their shutdown abilities. If you don't have a 2 way game as a prospect, then I have little confidence you can handle the speed and lack of space you get in the NHL. Personally, I don't think he'll be there, in which case I like Kylington and Provorov as well.

Erghh what? Noooooo way is he a top 10 pick. If hes still there at 34 maybe. But not in the top 10

Eikka

May 21, 2015
Werenski

But wouldn't mind getting a centerman. I'm worried about Johansen's future with the jackets.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Werenski. I really like Rantanen too. I think it is a tie between the 2, so I guess I will go with the defenseman.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Im gonna take a wild guess and say Werenski is our pick if Provorov and Barzal are off the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad