Speculation: KOTR's Fan Base Mock Draft(Your team is on the clock #19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatar

Mar 26, 2011
FL300
So we're hopping on this Erikson-Ek bandwagon, huh? Not sure I like him better than White, but I am cool with picking him.

21 goals in 25 games in a league very similar to the OHL, 6 points in 34 games playing a protected roll in the SHL and hes 6'2". I'm sure Hakan has talked to this kid about playing here. His ceiling is way higher than Whites. But White is the safer pick.

Couple of things though, the transition from European ice to NA ice is always a gamble, and I have a bad feeling the Stars have him on their radar.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Oliver Kylington

Swing for the fences, hope for Karlsson 2.0

EDIT: phone had corrected Karlsson to Karadzac...

Last edited:

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Noah Juulsen - a nice combination of offensive skill and poise, defensive awareness and physicality that is trending in the right direction.

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Chabot 7
Kylington 6
Juulsen 1

Close. Makes sense. Seems there's not a sexy enough forward name available to make us forget about the need at defence. I think with Kylington we all know thats a big swing at the fences which is appealing. Can someone add opinion on chabot? Is he a pretty safe #2? I just don't know much about him.

Edit... Pretty safe #2 18 year old is a silly statement. But how safe is the pick to get there?

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Can someone add opinion on chabot? Is he a pretty safe #2? I just don't know much about him.

Edit... Pretty safe #2 18 year old is a silly statement. But how safe is the pick to get there?

“A strong passer who delivers pucks with good timing and accuracy…has the ability to read the play and pick-and-choose his spots…has a powerful stride that generates power but could improve the overall quickness in his feet…willing to join the offensive attack…handles the puck well…not a big point shot but gets it on net consistently…reads the play well in his own zone and defensively he has the size and reach to close off lanes…good transition defender that moves the puck up ice. (December 2014)â€

Future Considerations

“A silky, smooth skater, Chabot shows high potential as puck moving defensive prospect. He has the speed to join or lead the rush, and get back defensively. He has the edgework and agility to pivot quickly and cover large areas of the ice, or to walk the line and open up passing and shooting lanes. He is calm and composed with the puck, has good stickhandling ability and can make a strong pass either to start the transition, or set up a play from the blueline. His shot is decent, and he has good accuracy, but he could stand to add some more muscle, and make it even harder.Defensively he has good positioning and is willing to play a physical game in front of the net and in the corners.â€

Ben Kerr – Last Word On Sports

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=96947689&postcount=168

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Yes. Just found that sb nation page. Thank you.

Tough call but I'll go... Thomas Chabot

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Cant believe noone has voted Zboril.. Hes consistently ranked higher than Kylington and Chabot.

I would hope the wings take him in this case but between the 2 everyone is voting for I'll go Chabot

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Cant believe noone has voted Zboril.. Hes consistently ranked higher than Kylington and Chabot.

I would hope the wings take him in this case but between the 2 everyone is voting for I'll go Chabot

It depends where you look. I feel like most mock drafts have Chabot over Zboril.

Chabot
Ranked #12 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #16 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #21 by Future Considerations
Ranked #21 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #16 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)

Zboril
Ranked #21 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #22 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #20 by Future Considerations
Ranked #18 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #12 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->