Kotkaniemi V/S Svechnikov

Which one would you draft at 2ndOA?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xFRaNK

Jun 16, 2018
I know it's still REALLY early, but I want to know which one would you draft at 2nd overall. Before the draft, the unanimous choice was Svechnikov, seems like it aint a no brainer anymore since Kotkaniemi is playing like a stud.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I don't see habs, canes or sens fans changing their mind on this one right now.

All looking like good picks, I'm happy with the center.

Rico Suave

Jan 30, 2019
Im sure all 3 teams are happy with their picks,has a habs fan im really happy with KK,might finally have our #1 center in a couple years.Kid is amazing and still so young i remember hearing he was much younger then all the others?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Svech is scoring at pretty much the same rate as Kotka, it’s hilarious seeing how much people can flip flop based on such a small size of pretty much identical play.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't really think you can go wrong with any. It really just depends on what you're looking for. Like for the Sharks if they were picking number 2 for whatever reason, I would take Svechnikov. If I were the Canes, I'd still take Svechnikov. If I were the Habs, I would probably take Kotkaniemi. It really just depends on what your team needed.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
They’re not equal players though.

Just because they’ve had equal seasons doesn’t make them equal players.
Regardless of that, Kotka is already great defensively at 18, full of skill, and is a center. Centers are always worth more than wingers, unless you're talking about Ovechkin/Kane here, which Svechnikov ain't.

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Okay but Svechnikov didn’t get 3 months of AHL time. When do you think Svechnikov used this 3 month “advantage”?
Im not saying he did. Just it can make a difference. And maybe not AHL time but Svech has played 2 years in NA hockey. KK none before this season. The transition for KK to NA hockey, the NHL no less, to C, a much tougher position than the wing has been easily much more impressive than Svech's transition to the NHL. No doubt about that. I cant see anyone arguing regarding that.
Overall, I prefer KK moving forward. I guess we'll see.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Svech is scoring at pretty much the same rate as Kotka, it’s hilarious seeing how much people can flip flop based on such a small size of pretty much identical play.

The difference is that Kotkaniemi has vastly exceeded the expectations, whereas Svechnikov has disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad