Speculation: Kostitsyn and the LW situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
If you haven't seen these articles yet, they talk about possibly signing Sergei Kostitsyn to play LW to Malkin.

http://penslabyrinth.com/2015/06/18/pittsburgh-penguins-jt-miller-kostitsyn-rumors/
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/16/report-sergei-kostitsyn-nearing-an-nhl-deal/

The LW situation in PIT is horrendous. Most assume Kunitz is being cap dumped, and its gonna take more than 2 mill to resign Comeau (who will most likely play 3rd line with Sutter, barring HIS trading)

If PIT signs Kostitysyn, the top six could look like

? - Crosby - Hornqvist
Kostitsyn - Malkin - Perron

personally i would rather move Perron to top LW (he's played both wings before) and look for a RW for Malkin, but it would need to be a hitting shooter (the other Kostitsyn perhaps)

but then again I would be very interested in seeing if we could pry either Nikita Kucherov or the lesser Josh Bailey from their teams to play on the top line with Crosby - Hornqvist

thoughts?

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
And why exactely wasn't this posted in the roster building thread?

It's not like it actually deserves its own thread anyway.

The bros, both of them, really? :banghead:

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
And why exactely wasn't this posted in the roster building thread?

It's not like it actually deserves its own thread anyway.

The bros, both of them, really? :banghead:

where's the roster building thread, this is my first time in the individual teams boards

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
If either Kostitsyn were tearing up the KHL I'd be at least slightly interested but it doesn't seem like they are, their numbers are pretty underwhelming. If they've basically been on autopilot since going back to Russia they won't be able to adapt back to the NHL game in 1 summer IMO.

penguins2946*

Kostitsyn may be the 1 guy I want even less than Semin. That's an accomplishment.

penguins2946*

Let's be reality: In wanting Sergei Plotnikov we're just hoping he turns out to be as good as SK or Semin would be. Not saying we should sign any of them, I just never pass up a chance to reference a now infamous HFBoards thread.

Plotnikov isn't even remotely similar to either of those 2 players. I honestly don't fully understand the massive fascination with Plotnikov here, people are pencilling him into a top-6 role and I'm hesitant to even say he's a sure fire NHLer. I can understand why people are interested in him, free young guy that's big, plays physical and can score, but people are way overhyping him it seems like.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Figures. This clown show of an organization would look at a loser like Kostitsyn. What a freaking joke. I may love the team but I detest these clowns running the circus.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Figures. This clown show of an organization would look at a loser like Kostitsyn. What a freaking joke. I may love the team but I detest these clowns running the circus.

Nothing even remotely resembling a reliable source has linked the Pens to Kostitsyn, relax.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Nothing even remotely resembling a reliable source has linked the Pens to Kostitsyn, relax.

Yeah like they would never do this. If not this, then I'm sure these ****tards will come up with yet another dumbass way to screw up this team.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
A subpar solution if there ever was one. He'd still be a weak add if he was the second missing top 6 wing we brought in. As the main piece, adding SK would be woefully inadequate.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Just get Frolik. The Pens need his wheels and give and go ability.

Not to mention his size, strength and responsible two way game.

I've been saying for a while that he'd be a perfect fit for Malkin's line.

He's pretty much what people here convinced themselves Kulemin was.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
This doesn't need its own thread. Those are not major sources of hockey news by any stretch (sorry but NBC-whatever is not in the same ballpark as a TSN or CBC – they're using a tweet as a source ferchrissakes), and in general this type of random speculation can go in the main thread. And most relevant of all, suggesting either of the Kostitsyn bums as any kind of a winger solution is a joke. Pretty much torpedoes any respectability those publications have IMPO. The Kostitsyns are beyond done at the NHL level (whether one of them gets a contract from a team or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad