Confirmed with Link: Korpisalo signs a new 2 year contract

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'd guess Elvis about the same. I think Korpi has a bit more value signed than unsigned, but I don't think his value is very high either way.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I’d be willing to bet about equal money but Elvis’s agent can throw 5 shutouts into negotiations and squeeze out a bit more.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Good deal for both sides.

I remain in my belief that there is zero urgency to trade either Korpi or Elvis. Neither has been consistent enough to be the #1. Both have had periods of horrible play (Elvis with the worse stretch), and both have had periods of dominating play (Once again Elvis with the best stretch). Both have similar issues (both need starters minutes to perform, both give up a fair number of soft goals) and strengths. There is no need to rush this decision.

We have a whole other year with both under contract (assuming Elvis gets a similar deal) before the expansion draft. That's when the decision needs to be made on who needs to go via trade. Until then keep and develop both because I think we're in decent hands with either one.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I don't like how Jarmo handled this at all

What he should have done was invite them both into a room, broken a pool stick in half, and then locked the door.

Whoever comes out gets an $8M X 8 year contract

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Good deal for both sides.

I remain in my belief that there is zero urgency to trade either Korpi or Elvis. Neither has been consistent enough to be the #1. Both have had periods of horrible play (Elvis with the worse stretch), and both have had periods of dominating play (Once again Elvis with the best stretch). Both have similar issues (both need starters minutes to perform, both give up a fair number of soft goals) and strengths. There is no need to rush this decision.

We have a whole other year with both under contract (assuming Elvis gets a similar deal) before the expansion draft. That's when the decision needs to be made on who needs to go via trade. Until then keep and develop both because I think we're in decent hands with either one.
And to add to those points, Tarasov looks pretty damn good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad