Confirmed with Link: Korpisalo re-signs for 1 year ($1.15M)

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Solid. 1 mill for a goalie is never too much.
Seems like a lot of us missed the initial announcement.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Say what you will, Jarmo had a decision to make a couple years ago when he had Anton Forsberg and Joonas Korpasalo. He chose to send Forsberg away. It looks like a good decision.

Reactions: thebus88

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
'Be ready!': Joonas Korpisalo works hard in Finland to step...

“I don’t care about the hype that much; I’m not a guy that pays too much attention to it,” Korpisalo said. “I’d rather do my job as well as I can. I don’t care about all the fuss around it. All that matters is what you do on the ice.

“I’ve been wanting this for a long time, to get a chance. That’s all I need. I’m just trying to keep my head light and have some fun with it, too. It’s a big change, but I have to enjoy it, too.

“It’s going to be awesome. It’s going to be fun. It’s going to be really fun. And I’m going to be ready for it.”

Will be interesting to see just how good of a season Korpisalo ends up with, and what his next contract will look like.

Last-last chance for people to jump on the bandwagon, if you haven't yet.

Dude is the REAL DEAL. Always has been.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Will be interesting to see just how good of a season Korpisalo ends up with, and what his next contract will look like.

Last-last chance for people to jump on the bandwagon, if you haven't yet.

Dude is the REAL DEAL. Always has been.

I think we're all on his bandwagon, because we're Blue Jackets fans and want him to succeed because if he succeeds then the team succeeds. "Hard core fans" don't always have to pick and choose who to root for on the team because we don't care who's playing well as long as the team is winning.

You were happy we lost a playoff series.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Way too early look at goalie stats:

35 goalies have at least 4 starts so far this year.

Carter Hutton (Buf) and Darcy Kuemper (Ariz) are 1 and 2 in save percentage and goals against and are 2 of the 4 goalies with 5 wins. Did anyone see that coming?

Korpisalo is tied for 12th in wins with 3
He is 16th in goals against with 2.60
He is 24th in save percentage with .903

Before the season everyone was hoping for something around league average goal tending. Except for 1 game, I’d say that is what we are getting so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad