Kopitar, Ryan, or Brule

Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Does anyone actually know what Kopitar is like? Id honestly really like to know because I have no idea. And howcome Pouliot isnt in this debate?

Guy Flaming

bert said:
Does anyone actually know what Kopitar is like? Id honestly really like to know because I have no idea.

I've never seen him play in person but i interviewed him back in October (his first North American interview) for ISS & The Hockey News and then again yesterday for the ISS Draft Preview.

I can tell you his English is nearly flawless, thanks to his grandmother who teaches it in school. He's not likely to come to N.A. next year if a CHL team drafts him because he's got a spot with Sodertalje locked up in the SEL. His favorite team is Detroit, player is Sergei Federov. He will definitely play in the NHL as opposed to stay in Europe like many talented players have done.

Other than that... get the ISS Draft Preview shipping July 6th.

;)

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Guy Flaming said:
I've never seen him play in person but i interviewed him back in October (his first North American interview) for ISS & The Hockey News and then again yesterday for the ISS Draft Preview.

I can tell you his English is nearly flawless, thanks to his grandmother who teaches it in school. He's not likely to come to N.A. next year if a CHL team drafts him because he's got a spot with Sodertalje locked up in the SEL. His favorite team is Detroit, player is Sergei Federov. He will definitely play in the NHL as opposed to stay in Europe like many talented players have done.

Other than that... get the ISS Draft Preview shipping July 6th.

;)

I say, for one year only we let the draftees pick their team. ;)

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Balej's Dance said:
Thats one of the most important facets of an offensively gifted player. To be able to slow down the play, control it, and then act. Thats what makes Crosby the player he is. With Ryan, he's got a shot as well so its not like he has to get right to the net to bang in garbage goals. He's got a good backhand if im not mistaken as well.

I definately like Ryan because of his attitude. He works hard, bound to mold his body into a beast and cut the little fat he has on him now, and his skating's just going to improve. His past just like O'Sully is not a negative, it only means he has experienced something that will drive him to success.

He has the best backhand I've seen, at any level period. He has a hard slapshot and shoots low and creates a lot of rebounds.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
usiel said:
It is sort of the difference between 'quickness' vs 'fast'. Back in Bure's prime there were skaters who were faster...but he could accelerate to his full speed in likely 2 strides.

In smaller NHL rinks I think quickness is more of an advantage than the skater with a great top end but takes longer to get there. Maybe it will be different with less obstruction.

Brule - safe pick
Ryan
Kopitar -risk/reward

Well he's not as good a skater as someone like Bure. People see him and they think OMG he's sooo slow. But after watching him you realise it doesn't relly hamper him.

faucon

May 11, 2005
nomorekids said:
6'4, hands of silk, already playing with men at 17. Extremely impressive WJC as well.
playing with men ... ok
extremely impressive WJC ... I don't think so. Good but no extremely impressive.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
bert said:
So can someone please explain why Kopitar?
Because he flashed in front of us,through a very brief spell in Internmational play,and alot of people will automatically mulitply these performances into a full season up against top NA prospects.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
Everest said:
Because he flashed in front of us,through a very brief spell in Internmational play,and alot of people will automatically mulitply these performances into a full season up against top NA prospects.

This is what I meant with Zagrapan, in a different sort of way.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
faucon said:
playing with men ... ok
extremely impressive WJC ... I don't think so. Good but no extremely impressive.

Dude. He was playing for SLOVENIA. It's no easy task looking even "good" on that team

By the way...to the later poster...he was pretty highly regarded even before the WJCs,mostly on what we heard by way of hearsay from Europe. Any time a forward that huge with a nice skillset comes along, people get excited. I think he'll be the real deal...and if i didn't think Ryan were safer, I would have ranked Kopitar highest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad