Kopitar or Brule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Brule will be playing for c-bus this year according to McLean. Kopitar is still trying to crack the roster in LA. So for the short term Brule would appear to have the edge. Good luck to both. :)

That doesn't give him any edge. Kopitar could've made the team last season had he not gone back to Sweden. Kopitar could be in L.A. this year, but why rush him? Let him develop more.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Brule will be playing for c-bus this year according to McLean. Kopitar is still trying to crack the roster in LA. So for the short term Brule would appear to have the edge. Good luck to both. :)

Yeah? Well... Kopitar has nicer hair!

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I've seen both more than half a dozen times, but less than a dozen times... And what I've seen from Brule over the last two years has been nothing short of outstanding. He is a tremendous prospect, and among the very best NHL ready players in the world, ahead of Kopitar.

Anze has wicked hands, Gilbert has equally good hands. Anze has a great shot, Gilbert has a better shot. Anze will battle in the corners and win most of the time, Gilbert will battle like his life is in danger and come out with the puck more often. Anze can hold his own, physically, when people come looking for him. Gilbert goes looking for people and hurts them.

Brule is an underrated prospect on HF. No doubt about it.

espo*

I've seen both more than half a dozen times, but less than a dozen times... And what I've seen from Brule over the last two years has been nothing short of outstanding. He is a tremendous prospect, and among the very best NHL ready players in the world, ahead of Kopitar.

Anze has wicked hands, Gilbert has equally good hands. Anze has a great shot, Gilbert has a better shot. Anze will battle in the corners and win most of the time, Gilbert will battle like his life is in danger and come out with the puck more often. Anze can hold his own, physically, when people come looking for him. Gilbert goes looking for people and hurts them.

Brule is an underrated prospect on HF. No doubt about it.

You've got brule's game down pat there for sure and he is under-rated around here. The thing is though..........i just wish he was a bigger guy with the way he plays the game.He's a tough,ferocious competitor who as you say goes out looking for people.Can he last like that? I almost wish he would taper some of that stuff off and use his agressiveness more in a way of determined forechecking and backchecking without the massive asteroid collisions,know what i mean? I think he'd stay just as effective and save a lot of wear and tear on his body which at his size is really important.He's almost like a touch toned down yet so much more vastly skilled Jordin Tootoo.It worries me.

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
I knew I would hear it from the Kings guys!:) Hey, both these guys have very bright futures and hopefully we will be watching them both for a very long time.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Lol....I like this bump, goes to show you hfboards does not know jack **** about who is going to be a legit player in the NHL but we still tend to make threads about who is the steal of drafts and losers of the draft 1 day after it has concluded. That's Priceless

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
Wow this thread has been a fun read I'm glad you bumped it!

I always thought Brule would end up like a Michael Peca so I laughed at the Forsberg comparison. In fact, I still think Brule can be a Peca type if he can just stay healthy and get back to playing the body the way he used to. He needs to become a solid role player it's obvious he's not a top 6 guy. But I guess that will never happen if he's sick/hurt all the freaking time.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
aside from that, look at what Anze did in the World Championships this year... he essentially carried a team consisting of players who'd have serious trouble cracking any roster in the American Hockey League... and he's only a boy!

the only thing that worries me about Brule (and it should worry any Blue Jackets fan), is that i have a sneaky suspicion he will go the way of Adam Deadmarsh.
Impressive. :)

I always can't stop laughing when I read stuff like this and how some of you people dare to ventilate their opinion when they have hardly seen Kopitar play. Let's be honest here.
I like this too ! :D

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I remember back in 2005 Brule was listed as a possible top 2-3 pick, that obviously didn't work out. As for Kopitar, I think it's safe to say he's the 2nd best player to come out of that draft.

The Kremelin Wall*

I remember back in 2005 Brule was listed as a possible top 2-3 pick, that obviously didn't work out. As for Kopitar, I think it's safe to say he's the 2nd best player to come out of that draft.

After this guy right?
pricesprinkler.jpg

Devilsfan92

Jan 4, 2008
Would rather Kopitar over Ryan. Kopitar vs Price? That's tough.

Epic bump. :laugh:

Brule.. 50g, 100pt.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
I love these kinds of threads. I bet there was a similar thread about how Sens fans wanted Matt Zultek over Hossa.

You just can't predict how guys will turn out. Although when you are in the Top 10, the player should pan out. Brule was, unfortunately a bust.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
This thread existed? Wow....some amazing stuff in here

Fans of teams who trade proven stars in their prime for picks or prospects should be forced to read this thread. Sure those picks and prospects could turn into a Kopitar, but they are probably more likely to turn into a Brule

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->