Kopitar or Brule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

robitaillefan

Bababooey,Tatatoothy
Sep 7, 2005
BC, CANADA!
since we are showing old stats.....heres one for Anze when he played in slovenia in 2000-2003

gp g a pts
2002-03 HK Acroni Jesenice Slovenia U18 14 38 38 76
2002-03 HK Acroni Jesenice Slovenia Jr. 20 15 12 27 39

Sure it was in slovenia, but pure dominanace from day 1!

GO ANZE!

Ogopogo*

Kopitar.

Brule is dirty and chippy. For a guy his size he will never last in the NHL that way. He managed 6 games this year before being seriously injured.

I prefer Kopitar's style of play.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Ogopogo said:
Kopitar.

Brule is dirty and chippy. For a guy his size he will never last in the NHL that way. He managed 6 games this year before being seriously injured.

Haha, has it ever occured to you that Brule may mature and get stronger? Just a thought.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
monster_bertuzzi said:
Haha, has it ever occured to you that Brule may mature and get stronger? Just a thought.

And people can just as quickly say that Kopitar could develop a mean streak to compliment his game.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Ogopogo said:
Kopitar.

Brule is dirty? This is news to me.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
monster_bertuzzi said:
Oh, of course. But the people who say ''Brule will never make it in the NHL because he's too small and frail'' are out to lunch.

Good point. Carry on ;)

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
robitaillefan said:
since we are showing old stats.....heres one for Anze when he played in slovenia in 2000-2003

gp g a pts
2002-03 HK Acroni Jesenice Slovenia U18 14 38 38 76
2002-03 HK Acroni Jesenice Slovenia Jr. 20 15 12 27 39

Sure it was in slovenia, but pure dominanace from day 1!

GO ANZE!
Did he score a hattrick in every game or so ? ;)

Pascal

Sep 19, 2005
Montreal
but Brule does everything Kopitar does (some things better) and is more of a wrecking ball type of player that can intimidate opponents. It doesn't take him long to command respect on the ice. In a redraft I'd be taking Brule 2nd overall last year.

yea everyone is afraid of 5'10 180 pds guys.. maybe in the WHL :)

Kopitar will have a better career imo. Brule will be in the infirmary a lot.

Techbert

Jun 9, 2005
Alpharetta, GA
1. The two players are close enough so that my final decision might depend on which player would better complement the other players on my team.

2. I don't think it was clear-cut on draft day who to pick.

3. Since then both players have done all you could ask for them in their development.

4. The fear by some teams, including the team I support who I wish had picked AZ, that AZ was a risk due to his home country, appears to be unfounded, by both AZ's performance in the SEL and his performance in LAK camp.

5. I would go with Kopitar for three reasons, and I am not an LAK fan.
a. Whenever you can get a center with good reach WHO IS ALSO A GOOD STICKHANDLER and is defensively responsible, I think you need to seriously consider him.
b. Brule is more likely to sustain injuries due to his style and size, both serious take-a-chunk-out-of-the-season injuries and a string of minor nagging injuries that will not sideline him but pull down his level of play. Both categories of injuries will likely take a toll of his play for years after they are suffered. We may never see the "real GB" in the NHL for any length of time. Any player can be injured, but I would not want to wager my franchise on Brule's health.
c. Kopitar is almost 8 months younger than Brule. That makes his level of development at this point even more impressive, and gives us reason to think his upside potential is even higher than we think. Brule in effect has over a six month head start in physical development and skill development.

jacketracket*

I'll always remember where I was ... "With the fifth overall pick in the 2005 entry draft, the Montreal Canadians select ...".

Nothing against Price, but I was shocked that Brule had fallen that far. And then I was pissed at the thought that not only would he fall that far, but he would be chosen with the pick right before the CBJ's.

I can't wait to watch this kid in person, this fall.

X-SHARKIE

I like both players a lot and are both elite or close to elite status in terms of prospects.

Before the draft I said Kopitar after he showed me Heatley like upside at the World Championships.... But after watching Brule in the NHL, and with the Vancouver Giants over the year, I would have to go with Brule.

LWD

Apr 2, 2006
if kopitar was that good he would have been picked sooner than 11th in the draft.

haelwho

Mar 8, 2006
Boston
if kopitar was that good he would have been picked sooner than 11th in the draft.

Yawn.

Martin Brodeur
Selected by New Jersey Devils round 1 #20 overall 1990 NHL Entry Draft

Zdeno Chara
Selected by New York Islanders round 3 #56 overall 1996 NHL Entry Draft

etc.

Draft position means nothing.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Brule will win this arguement because a lot of people have actually seen him play. Kopitar...only a handful of people here.

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
A lot of Kings fans chiming in here, hi guys. Let me say I've watched Brule in person a lot this year and he is the real deal. Granted it was in the WHL, not the AHL or NHL but when you watch him play it seems the game from his perspective is slow. I think he will make the step up with some ups and downs but he will eventually make it. David Rainer hit the nail on the head with his comment about most of us have seen Brule play and not Kopitar so it is unfair to Kopitar because all that most of us have to go by is his scouting reports. What I noticed most when Brule came back was his focus and intensity. He stepped up from his draft year and physically speaking he ran some guys that were much larger than him. Just ask Fiala after the Everett series. I don't know if he needs to change his game in the NHL or if it is even possible since his intensity is not something you can turn off. He's only 19 and he will continue to gain mass as the years progress. His on ice vision, hockey sense, skating, stickhandling, and determination are top shelf. This is why he will play in C-bus this season.

On a side note, in the mem cup he absolutely abused Bourdon to the point Bourdon had to give him a brutal spear to try to take him off his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad