Kopitar or Brule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
Maybe I'm wrong, but the swedes on this board seemed to think Kopitar was so-so this year, and his stats aren't great either. I don't think he looks like a future nhl star right now...

Teus

Oct 5, 2003
Lund
Visit site
LeMAD said:
Maybe I'm wrong, but the swedes on this board seemed to think Kopitar was so-so this year, and his stats aren't great either. I don't think he looks like a future nhl star right now...
He had 20 points this year in SEL as an 18-year-old on one of the worst teams in the league and had 11 points in 10 games in the qualification league to SEL. How is that not great stats? You have to remember that he is playing vs men in one of the best leagues in the world after NHL.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
LeftKinger said:
Kopitar also projects to be a superstar IMO. When is Brule expected to be in the NHL?? Will he be on the CBJ next season?? I think Kopitar will surprise alot of ppl next season.
hes gonna center nash and vyborny

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Teus said:
He had 20 points this year in SEL as an 18-year-old on one of the worst teams in the league and had 11 points in 10 games in the qualification league to SEL. How is that not great stats? You have to remember that he is playing vs men in one of the best leagues in the world after NHL.
That more than anything is a huge factor to me. The kid isn't even 19 yet! Not to mention he's doing very well for his team in the WC.

HFNHL Canadiens

Aug 12, 2004
Guelph
Teus said:
I guess Lindgren has imense superstar potential then...

He did get 37pts. in 51 games, and 22pts in his last 18 games... In one of the best leagues in the World after the NHL. He is 18, but yet gets no recognition

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
Harold_Snepps_Rocks said:
I honestly don`t see much of a difference between Vanek from Austria and Kopitar from Slovenia........Kopitar might have a Vanek type first season in the NHL.

Why is everyone so down on Vanek's first season. Thomas Vanek got 25 goals in his rookie season, since when was that bad?? He has alot of offensive skill and rarely got 1st line minutes .... was usually stuck with 2nd - 3rd line minutes throughout the season... and more recently a 4th line role, something Vanek isn't accustomed to.

He was recently benched becuase he can't play D and is useless on the 4th line, yes he is Useless because his role as a hockey player isn't a 4th line energy player, its a 1st line sharpshooter.

Backchecking can be taught, im sure Vanek will get out of his lazy roots, and begin to play some D, he wont be any two way phenom, but it willl be improved and he'll enjoy a much better season next year.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
gars59 said:
i take kopitar , he play with men :D

Maybe he does play with men, but that doesn't say a whole lot about his hockey game.

I'd go with Brule, but I've seen him play a whole lot more.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
44_bertuzzi_44 said:
Why is everyone so down on Vanek's first season. Thomas Vanek got 25 goals in his rookie season, since when was that bad??

Since scoring 25 goals would put him 6th on the list.... :biglaugh:

But in all seriousness i don't get it either, he had a tough start to the season but in the off season last year had you said Vanek had 25 goals i think most people would be impressed but i guess guys like Ovechkin,Crosby,Svatos,Prucha and Boyes have spoiled us eh?

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
xtra said:
Since scoring 25 goals would put him 6th on the list.... :biglaugh:

But in all seriousness i don't get it either, he had a tough start to the season but in the off season last year had you said Vanek had 25 goals i think most people would be impressed but i guess guys like Ovechkin,Crosby,Svatos,Prucha and Boyes have spoiled us eh?

And All those Kids Got Really Good Minutes too..

BTW Mark IS Fired

Towelie*

As mentioned earlier I am sure that Brule would have gone in the top 3 of last years draft if done again. He would have easily passed Ryan in my opinion, and Johnson is the only one who may have gone ahead of him, depending on a teams needs possibly.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
golleafsgo_17 said:
I guess Lindgren has imense superstar potential then...

He did get 37pts. in 51 games, and 22pts in his last 18 games... In one of the best leagues in the World after the NHL. He is 18, but yet gets no recognition

He does get recognition. There have been several threads praising him here lately. I think they're a lot of people who think he's an imense talent, including myself. I like him a ton before the draft, and really hoped the Kings would take him.

One thing though, you're comparing numbers from the SEL and FNL. And also, Kopitar's body and game are more suited for the North American game so there is more of a risk that Lindgren's game may not tranfer as well.

wabwat

Aug 11, 2003
pasadena, ca.
Visit site
Legionnaire said:
He does get recognition. There have been several threads praising him here lately. I think they're a lot of people who think he's an imense talent, including myself. I like him a ton before the draft, and really hoped the Kings would take him.

One thing though, you're comparing numbers from the SEL and FNL. And also, Kopitar's body and game are more suited for the North American game so there is more of a risk that Lindgren's game may not tranfer as well.

aside from that, look at what Anze did in the World Championships this year... he essentially carried a team consisting of players who'd have serious trouble cracking any roster in the American Hockey League... and he's only a boy!

the only thing that worries me about Brule (and it should worry any Blue Jackets fan), is that i have a sneaky suspicion he will go the way of Adam Deadmarsh.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
44_bertuzzi_44 said:
Why is everyone so down on Vanek's first season. Thomas Vanek got 25 goals in his rookie season, since when was that bad?? He has alot of offensive skill and rarely got 1st line minutes .... was usually stuck with 2nd - 3rd line minutes throughout the season... and more recently a 4th line role, something Vanek isn't accustomed to.

He was recently benched becuase he can't play D and is useless on the 4th line, yes he is Useless because his role as a hockey player isn't a 4th line energy player, its a 1st line sharpshooter.

Backchecking can be taught, im sure Vanek will get out of his lazy roots, and begin to play some D, he wont be any two way phenom, but it willl be improved and he'll enjoy a much better season next year.
Correct me if I'm wrong but where did he criticize Vanek's season ? It's completely the opposite, he was praising Vanek.

About this topic. I always can't stop laughing when I read stuff like this and how some of you people dare to ventilate their opinion when they have hardly seen Kopitar play. Let's be honest here.

Lars

Aug 22, 2005
Vancouver Canada
Frolov 6'3 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but where did he criticize Vanek's season ? It's completely the opposite, he was praising Vanek.

About this topic. I always can't stop laughing when I read stuff like this and how some of you people dare to ventilate their opinion when they have hardly seen Kopitar play. Let's be honest here.

Well I just assumed it was not a compliment after looking at that HF - Most Overratted Rookies of 2005. I saw Vaneks name pop up a couple times and assumed Harold was another who was thinking on that same wavelength.

Lets get Harold In Here to Finalize This!

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Elite Prospects said:
A quite complete player. The Slovenian star prospect might not be the fastest of skaters, but he has excellent hockey sense, great size a good passing game and a lethal shot. He has proven to be a very good goal scorer, but also a gifted playmaker.

Kopitar interview said:
"Kopitar: I like to play with finesse in moving the puck and waiting to create something, but if I am asked to play as a power forward or in another role, I can do that too. I can change the way I play, it does not matter. It's all a matter of the coach and what he thinks will be best for the team to win."

sbutler66

Feb 25, 2004
I think either player would be a good choice. I would take Brule just because i've watched him with the Giants in person a fair bit. Kopitar's performance so far in the Worlds is very impressive. He is more than holding his own skill wise and physically against some very good seasoned pros! I think there was a stat i saw somewhere that said he was in on 60+% of slovenia's goals thus far in the tournament, so for sure their go to guy already.

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
Teus said:

I have a feeling that Nilkas Bergfors' 40 points in the AHL may be better than 20 points in the SEL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->