KOPITAR - Has Anybody Actually Seen Him Play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I saw him a bit on TV during the World Championships. He was noticeable, and his offensive instincts were pretty obvious. That's about all I remember.

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
I caught him at the worlds as well on TV, he looked like he had some talent. He was able to make good plays against the weaker teams.

He was out of his depth against NHL defencemen but thats to be expected at his age.

Mystic

Feb 24, 2005
He's really very talented, has got big big skills.
Don't know if he will be able to adapt to NHL, but I think it'll be the case.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
He was on TV for the world championships. He looked skilled, smart and big. On the minus side, he looked slow footed. Slow enough that I have him after Brule and Pouliot on my list.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
E = CH2 said:
I think he's got some skills. I am happy to have been helpful, you don't have to thank me.

Not every poster would have put himself this way. I thank you from the botttom of my heart.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Like the others, only saw him in the worlds. Seemed to have decent awareness in both zones. Looks like his skills have potential, but it was his awareness and positioning that I noticed.

X-SHARKIE

Oljase said:
Like the others, only saw him in the worlds. Seemed to have decent awareness in both zones. Looks like his skills have potential, but it was his awareness and positioning that I noticed.

His two way play impressed me as well. At the world vs Germany he struck me as a mature two way centerman. His offensive instincts and hands set him apart, along with his great frame. His offensive touch reminded me a bit of Danny Heatley. His skating game could use work, and he could grow a physical edge, but other wise it all appeared to be there.

I think he's the 5th best player in the draft.

UpsideHockey

Jan 6, 2004
Calgary, Canada
bit.ly
X-SHARKIE said:
His two way play impressed me as well. At the world vs Germany he struck me as a mature two way centerman. His offensive instincts and hands set him apart, along with his great frame. His offensive touch reminded me a bit of Danny Heatley. His skating game could use work, and he could grow a physical edge, but other wise it all appeared to be there.

I think he's the 5th best player in the draft.

Who's your top 4 sharkie?

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
I've seen him about 10-12 times live (in Sweden, Estonia and Denmark). A few on TV.

Most reports are accurate. deadly from the hash marks in- tremendous goal-scoring instincts, variety of shots- often sudden or disguised, slick heads-up play with the puck (stickhandling and passing) even in traffic, not a great first step or flashy agility but very strong on his legs, bullish- doesn't get knocked off the puck easily, tremendous eye-hand coordination, seems to be liked by everyone- works hard on and off the ice.

He seems to be growing steadily too.

Vanek and Allison are apt comparisons.

Medicine Twin

May 26, 2002
Miramichi,NB
Visit site
Just like to add that from what I've read, he's working hard on his leg strength and foot speed for this upcoming season and he's hoping to play in the Swedish Elite league full time.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
steblick said:
I've seen him about 10-12 times live (in Sweden, Estonia and Denmark). A few on TV.

Most reports are accurate. deadly from the hash marks in- tremendous goal-scoring instincts, variety of shots- often sudden or disguised, slick heads-up play with the puck (stickhandling and passing) even in traffic, not a great first step or flashy agility but very strong on his legs, bullish- doesn't get knocked off the puck easily, tremendous eye-hand coordination, seems to be liked by everyone- works hard on and off the ice.

Six foot two and growing?

I'm hoping Habs will draft him fifth.

Thanks.

Safir*

I have seen him listed as a center and right winger. What position will he play in the NHL?

BrettNYR

Mar 26, 2004
WhitePony said:
Interesting...Apparently the Islanders are ENTHRALLED with him. Too bad he won't be around by the 15th pick.
That's his kiss of death right there. Now we know that he'll be a bust.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
steblick said:

Where would you take him? Is he a risky player like some suggest or he is given this label because he's from Slovenia?

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
what about his defensive game specificaly. I have read were people have said he has a little edge but have not heard about his overall defensive game. I think the CBJ will end up drafting him, so I just gots to know.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
markov` said:
Where would you take him? Is he a risky player like some suggest or he is given this label because he's from Slovenia?

Aside from his skating, I think its laughable that some people have to grasp at straws to find something wrong with him, and say his nationality is a negative.

It seems as though there aren't any flaws with AnZe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->