Konecny or Kapanen?

Give and Go

Currently have Konecny on my team. Hes losing tons of value and Kapanen is gaining. With the possibility of nylander not signing with the leafs and kapanen looking really good on that line. Do I drop Konecny and pick up Kapanen before it's to late or hold onto Konecny and hope he turns things around?

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Leaf fan ... saying Konecny. I like Kaps, but I'm skeptical of his ability to produce more than 45 points this season. Hopeful, but skeptical. Obviously the Nylander situation throws a big potential wedge in this.... if Kapanen gets bumped off the top line, it's all the way down to 3rd or 4th from there.

Give and Go

Really high risk regardless. Like you said. Nylander signs and kapanen drops way off......2 other options I'm looking at to replace konecny are bjorkstrand or duclair. Both with the blue jackets. In this case. I need some people to decide for me. Keep konecny and think/hope things turn around (will they?) Or drop him and take bjorkstrand or duclair who may be more steady options than kapanen

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Depends what's on your wire. If there isn't much, you take Kap and ride the wave for as long as it goes until Willy signs or gets traded.

The problem with Kap is that he doesn't play any PP time whatsoever, so his fantasy potential is limited to 5-on-5 time with #34.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'd be skeptical on Kapanen for fantasy, I had the opportunity to pick him up today and passed. I don't tend to put guys on my fantasy teams who don't get any PP time. It significantly caps their production.

phillyb

Jan 21, 2014
I dropped Konecny after a week and picked up Silvferberg. I'd definitely do it if Kapanen were available in my league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->