Konecny has a similar skill set to Gagne. When Simmer is traded put TK in his place on PP1.

FlyersfanTK11

Oct 30, 2009
I don't recall Gagne really playing the net front presence on the PP a ton. That was LeClair, Knuble, or Hartsy for the majority of Simon's tenure with the team.

In the current scheme, a player like Gagne would either be the high slot guy (Couts/Simmonds current role), or the secondary sidewall (Voracek). Now that I think of it, I do recall Simon playing the point some in a 4 forward set up back in the day.

He was above the crease frequently. Here is his shot chart. Unfortunately they only have it starting in 2010.

IcyData » Simon Gagne Stats

Last edited:

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
tk is more like danny b than simon, gagne could hit like a truck if he chose and played along the boards very well. he was skilled but alot tougher than most remember or realize.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
It was really nice to see TK make strides earlier in the year as a play driver. He still has some work to do to put it all together. It'd be nice if he got some coaching from a proper offensive coach.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
You and I both are/were mammals when when we logged on to HF. We both have kneecaps. Likely American.

TK wears 11. Gagne wore 12. Those two numbers are really close together, like, I'm not much for math, but as I recall they are only one or two numbers apart. Each of them were centered by beard-sporting elite playmaking centermen.

The similarities are striking.

Reactions: God Bless Mr Gritty

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
You and I both are/were mammals when when we logged on to HF. We both have kneecaps. Likely American.

TK wears 11. Gagne wore 12. Those two numbers are really close together, like, I'm not much for math, but as I recall they are only one or two numbers apart. Each of them were centered by beard-sporting elite playmaking centermen.

The similarities are striking.

Reactions: tictactoe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad