Status
Not open for further replies.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
db23 said:
Komiarek was "playing NHL and playing good" more recently than either Bouwmeester or Hamhuis. They were both on the golf course when Mike was a top 4 defenceman in the playoffs.

oh, you mean the way you fluked your way past an underachieving, injury-riddled bruins team only to be met with the brooms when facing the lightning? ;)

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Why don't we all stop trying to stir up **** every time the dust begins to settle. Having the last word does not make your argument any better or worse, so just leave it alone and move on.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
nomorekids said:
oh, you mean the way you fluked your way past an underachieving, injury-riddled bruins team only to be met with the brooms when facing the lightning? ;)

we fluked our way past Boston, sure...coming back from a 3-1 deficit is a fluke ;) whatever you say, we won 3 games in a row, how can that be a fluke? and the Habs were just as injury riddled as the Bruins...Souray still had his wrist messed up, Koivu like Thornton had cracked ribs, but unlike Thornton, he also had a punctured lung and some other ailment, it didn't stop him from being the top point getter in the series, and we were sweeped by the Stanley Cup champions, not exactly something to be ashamed about...so you make no sense, every time I see you post, you just try to bash Habs fans and their players, you have no valid arguments most of the time, but anytime there's a thread or poll that included opinions about Habs players, you come and chime in about how bad they are but like your post above, you don't know what your talking about...if you hate the Habs, that's fine, your intitled to that, but at least come with valid arguments or else it's pretty childish...

plain and simple your a troller...

Last edited:

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
417 TO MTL said:
we fluked our way past Boston, sure...coming back from a 3-1 deficit is a fluke ;) whatever you say, we won 3 games in a row, how can that be a fluke? and the Habs were just as injury riddled as the Bruins...Souray still had his wrist messed up, Koivu like Thornton had cracked ribs, but unlike Thornton, he also had a punctured lung and some other ailment, it didn't stop him from being the top point getter in the series, and we were sweeped by the Stanley Cup champions, not exactly something to be ashamed about...so you make no sense, every time I see you post, you just try to bash Habs fans and their players, you have no valid arguments most of the time, but anytime there's a thread or poll that included opinions about Habs players, you come and chime in about how bad they are but like your post above, you don't know what your talking about...if you hate the Habs, that's fine, your intitled to that, but at least come with valid arguments or else it's pretty childish...

no he's a Nashville fan, which is why he's posting on a thread about Hamhuis. He makes better arguements than "Well, Komo played in a game after Hamhuis' team was elimanated"

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
417 TO MTL said:

hey, uh...could you read the post I was responding to in jest? Take some deep breaths before you read here, man. It's not worth giving yourself an ulcer.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
nomorekids said:
hey, uh...could you read the post I was responding to in jest? Take some deep breaths before you read here, man. It's not worth giving yourself an ulcer.

Yeah, I read it. what's your point? You posted that the Habs fluked their way past Boston which is totally wrong and inaccurate, and I took it upon myself to pooint that out, so what are you saying?...

Vic Rattlehead*

417 TO MTL said:

Thornton had torn rib cartiliage which is worse than cracked ribs. In the last game, they said that torn rib cartilage hurts a lot more than cracked ribs because is tough to do anything(like breathing.) I'm sure habs fans would have known this, because I though habs fans recorded this game and watched it over and over.

Oh, the Bruins choked in that series, plain and simple. Habs didn't end our season, Todd Rohloff did(the person who injured Thornton in the regular season, 2 games before it ended.) Habs just crapped on the Bruins.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
triggrman said:
no he's a Nashville fan, which is why he's posting on a thread about Hamhuis. He makes better arguements than "Well, Komo played in a game after Hamhuis' team was elimanated"

Actually, the point db23 was trying to make was that Komisarek played better when it mattered the most, in the playoffs, while Hamhuis and his team were knocked out, which is not something that should be overlooked

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
19bruins19 said:
Thornton had torn rib cartiliage which is worse than cracked ribs.

Koivu had torn rib cartilage, cracked ribs and a punctured lung...

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
417 TO MTL said:
Actually, the point db23 was trying to make was that Komisarek played better when it mattered the most, in the playoffs, while Hamhuis and his team were knocked out, which is not something that should be overlooked

but it's ridiculous to think Komisarek is the reason the Habs advanced or that Hamhuis was the reason the Preds were knocked out...and as mentioned earlier...it's one thing to have slipped by the Bruins, whose best player BY far was playing about 55 percent...and another to have been legitimately BEATEN by the team that won the presidents trophy.

Vic Rattlehead*

nomorekids said:
but it's ridiculous to think Komisarek is the reason the Habs advanced or that Hamhuis was the reason the Preds were knocked out...and as mentioned earlier...it's one thing to have slipped by the Bruins, whose best player BY far was playing about 55 percent...and another to have been legitimately BEATEN by the team that won the presidents trophy.
Exactly. Can't forget the bruins slow right side on defence(O'Donnel, McGillis, and Gill, which is the reason that two of them are gone)

db23

The point of my statement was in response to the poster who said that Komisarek had yet to prove "he could play in the NHL and play well". The fact that he replaced Quintal in the playoffs and forced the team to trade Quintal this summer shows that the coachs are happy to give him a regular role.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
nomorekids said:

What's your point, our best player was far more injured then Thornton was, Souray, our most physical defenseman was playing with 1 wrist in a cast, Kovalev injured his wrist as well, and don't you think that after the huge letdown when Kovalev coughed up the puck that it would of been hard for any team to come back down 3-1...noooo, instead of giving credit to them, you go out and say it was a fluke, that's why I say your just a troller, it's so obvious to see

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
417 TO MTL said:
What's your point, our best player was far more injured then Thornton was, Souray, our most physical defenseman was playing with 1 wrist in a cast, Kovalev injured his wrist as well, and don't you think that after the huge letdown when Kovalev coughed up the puck that it would of been hard for any team to come back down 3-1...noooo, instead of giving credit to them, you go out and say it was a fluke, that's why I say your just a troller, it's so obvious to see

obvious to the average habs fan, mainly. say, is your back sore? that cross you're carrying looks heavy.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
19bruins19 said:
Exactly. Can't forget the bruins slow right side on defence(O'Donnel, McGillis, and Gill, which is the reason that two of them are gone)

I wish we had a smilie who plays the violin...

Ok, on right defense we had Craig Rivet, you know the guy that's overpaid and overrated, then we had Brisebois, do I really have to say anything about him, and of course we had Komisarek, who according to some posters on this board, is overrated and hasn't and won't adjust to the NHL speed and will turn out to be a bust...

So what's your point...the Habs beat the Bruins cause they have more heart, more leadership, more speed and more team unity, it wasn't a fluke, keep convincing yourself, I would agree with you that the 2002-2003 series was somewhat of a fluke, but the Habs straight up beat you duing the last playoffs, and if your not man enought to admit that, well, you need to sack up!

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
nomorekids said:
obvious to the average habs fan, mainly. say, is your back sore? that cross you're carrying looks heavy.

Again, another childish post, here's some advice, when you have no rebuttal, just don't reply, instead of trying to make more smart *** comments, it'll save everyone here the time to read over your post...

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
417 TO MTL said:
Again, another childish post, here's some advice, when you have no rebuttal, just don't reply, instead of trying to make more smart *** comments, it'll save everyone here the time to read over your post...

well, if you'd do anything other than whine about how everyone on the site is "anti habs," i wouldn't have to make these posts. I don't dislike the Habs, and I don't dislike many of their fans. I DO take issue with the fact that every time a Montreal fan or group of Montreal fans makes some outlandish claim(and yes, comparing Komisarek to Leopold, Hamhuis and Bouwemeester IS outlandish) and another group comes to argue...it turns into "you're just Anti-Habs." If you don't want people to laugh at you...don't make these wild assertions.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
417 TO MTL said:
Yeah, I read it. what's your point? You posted that the Habs fluked their way past Boston which is totally wrong and inaccurate, and I took it upon myself to pooint that out, so what are you saying?...

So because he believes that the Habs luckily beat the Bruins in a playoff series, he is anti-hab, hates everyone, a troll, etc. Give me a break. Your taking the mentaility that everyone is out to get Hab fans way to far....In fact, in all the threads I have seen you post something on Montreal players, you are WHINING about it. Whining doesn't win you any sympathy, especially when you unfairly lambaste an extremely level-headed poster. Just because somone has a different opinion than you, does not mean he is out to get you and your team fans. Choke it up....I'm sure eventually you will learn to handle criticism of your team. You seem to have a level-head about you on many of your posts as well, so sometimes, instead of jumping the gun....take it as truly just criticism.

As for the injury comment, all I have to say is Joe's injury clearly took his game down a huge notch, whereas Saku looked like a maniac out there. Call it playing through pain, or good cortezone shots, either way you cannot deny the effect injuries had on the Bruins captain and best scorer.

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
nomorekids said:
well, if you'd do anything other than whine about how everyone on the site is "anti habs," i wouldn't have to make these posts. I don't dislike the Habs, and I don't dislike many of their fans. I DO take issue with the fact that every time a Montreal fan or group of Montreal fans makes some outlandish claim(and yes, comparing Komisarek to Leopold, Hamhuis and Bouwemeester IS outlandish) and another group comes to argue...it turns into "you're just Anti-Habs." If you don't want people to laugh at you...don't make these wild assertions.

1st of all...I never made any outlandish claims about Komisarek, if you go over the thread you'll read that I gave credit to both Hamhuis and Komisarek and said they are different players who play different styles and I expect both of them to be successful...if anyone here is making outlandish claims and wild assertions it's you with your "Habs beating the Bruins was a fluke" when any non-homer Bruins fans will tell you otherwise...

And I don't whine about everyone on this board being anti-Habs, just you and a few others, cause it's quite obvious and espcially annonying when posters like me who try to generate arguments revolving around hockey talk get exposed to idiotic post like the one's you've been making...i'm not saying your a bad poster or anything, but it seems like you have a big grudge vs. the Habs, how could you say that the Habs beating the Bruins was a fluke cause the Bruins had their best player playing at 55% of his capacities, when the Habs were in the same exact situation, and even Koivu was in even worse condition, if that's not being anti-Hab, then I don't know what is...

I don't want to sound like I just whine about posters being anti-Hab, but it's annonying for people who want to discuss strickly hockey, I know some Habs posters are big time homers, but I assure you most are knowledgble posters...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Enoch said:
So because he believes that the Habs luckily beat the Bruins in a playoff series, he is anti-hab, hates everyone, a troll, etc. Give me a break. Your taking the mentaility that everyone is out to get Hab fans way to far....In fact, in all the threads I have seen you post something on Montreal players, you are WHINING about it. Whining doesn't win you any sympathy, especially when you unfairly lambaste an extremely level-headed poster. Just because somone has a different opinion than you, does not mean he is out to get you and your team fans. Choke it up....I'm sure eventually you will learn to handle criticism of your team.

As for the injury comment, all I have to say is Joe's injury clearly took his game down a huge notch, whereas Saku looked like a maniac out there. Call it playing through pain, or good cortezone shots, either way you cannot deny the effect injuries had on the Bruins captain and best scorer.

He didn't say the Habs luckily beat the Bruins, he said it was a fluke, which IMO, says that the Habs didn't deserve to win that series, when in fact they did... here's his exact quote...

"oh, you mean the way you fluked your way past an underachieving, injury-riddled bruins team only to be met with the brooms when facing the lightning"

And the only time you see me whining about other posters being anti-Hab is when I see post like these, cause they take away from the thread, and then everyone lables all Habs posters as homers whenever we participate in a poll or thread that contains opinions about Habs players and we pick a Habs player...

and as for the injury, you can't deny the fact that Koivu had the same injury if not worse, and played much better, outscored him and showed waaaayyy more leadership...so what now??

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
and i've said, over and over again, that i was JOKING in response to db's "well, your team was golfing" post. Do I honestly believe the Bruins should have won that series? Yes, I do. Do I give credit to the Habs for battling back? Yes, I do. However, it's also pretty clear that the Bruins played an equal part in beating themselves in that series, as well. That's all.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
nomorekids said:
and i've said, over and over again, that i was JOKING in response to db's "well, your team was golfing" post. Do I honestly believe the Bruins should have won that series? Yes, I do. Do I give credit to the Habs for battling back? Yes, I do. However, it's also pretty clear that the Bruins played an equal part in beating themselves in that series, as well. That's all.

I see, now I understand what you trying to say...but like yousaid, the Bruins played an equal part in beating themselves, well, so did the Habs, but they were able to overcome that, and wint he series, Bruins didn't deserve to win that series, the only game they played well, was the 1st game, every other game, the Habs dominated

Vic Rattlehead*

417 TO MTL said:
I see, now I understand what you trying to say...but like yousaid, the Bruins played an equal part in beating themselves, well, so did the Habs, but they were able to overcome that, and wint he series, Bruins didn't deserve to win that series, the only game they played well, was the 1st game, every other game, the Habs dominated
You have to agree though, that if Thornton was healthy fromt he beginning of the series, the outcome could have been different.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
19bruins19 said:
You have to agree though, that if Thornton was healthy fromt he beginning of the series, the outcome could have been different.

well of course it "could" of been different, but the difference is despite his injury, he was a non factor, and let his injury become a crutch, unlike Koivu who despite his injury, played like a warrior...I like Thornton, and especially if he plays like he did in the World Cup, but he has to show more heart when playing with Boston, he likes to complain alot, and he's easy to get off his game, but like I said, from what I saw at the World Cup, he's learned to just go out and play the game, and a man of his stature should dominate...

BTW, Thornton was healthy 3 years ago when the Habs beat the Bruins, so it dosen't mean that if he would of been heatlhy this time around, the Bruins would of won...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->