Komisarek or Morrisonn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
TJF said:
I think it's way to early to tell which one is going to turn out to be the better d-man but it's funny to see all the Habs fans come on here and say how great Komisarek is. The best part about it though is that you just know that if the tables were turned Komisarek was currently in Washington's organization and Morrisonn in Montreal's this theard would be completly different.

It would be the excat same way for me... Komo is more established showed more psomise no mather whom he plays for... heck, it would be the same if he played for those damned Leafs :shakehead

Offensively in the end Morrisson might pus has much and maybe even m,ore points... But Komo will always be the better man due to his awesome physical package and willlingness to use it :banana:

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
19bruins19 said:
Believe this or not, Boynton played his best when he was paired with Morrisonn. Plain and simple, Morrisonn is way underrated here. I would take Komisarek, but some people here are basically saying that Morrisonn has nothing.

Never ment that I love Morrisson, but to compare him is not Komo and saying Habs fan are Homers for saying he's better is just asking for trouble :dunno:

If Habs fans say Komo is better than J-Bo then there a bunch of Homers in this case I just don't think so :shakehead

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
db23 said:
Komisarek averaged almost twice as many points per game in the AHL as Morrisson. It is hard to rate them in the NHL since neither has had a regular role. I would bet money that Komo is more productive offensively, once he plays regularly. As for durablilty, I know that Morrisson has been on IR a couple of times at least since he turned pro. He missed games as a junior as well. I never suggested that Morrisson was injury prone, I was only remarking on the fact that Komisarek is so solid.

Morrisson may end up being a 2 or 3 defenceman on his team as the poster mentioned, but I think Komisarek could end up being #2 or 3 in the whole league once he matures.

#2 or #3 in the whole league? You've got to be joking. Now you are stretching it out. Get away from the Montreal kick here and admit the reality. Komisarek is not one of the top 5 young dmen in the game. He will have to develop considerably to reach the level you are talking about.

I have to agree with the poster who mentioned that this would be a much different story if it was Morrisonn on Montreal and not Komisarek. It would be Morrisonn that would be everyone's pick just because he's a Hab. Geez, I love that everyone has an unbiased opinion around here.

db23

Who would you consider the top 5 young defencemen in the league at the moment?

Bouwmeester, Pitkanen, Hamhuis, Klesla, Jackman? I think that Komisarek's upside compares to any of them. He is huge and got a late start at the game so his development curve is at about the level of most 18 or 19 year olds. The others are a lot smaller and have been playing the game a few years longer so they are much closer to their maximum potential.

Randall Graves*

Nobody knows who will be better, for all I know Mike Komisarek could be better than Bobby Orr or worse than Niclas Havelid.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
An opinon was asked about one of the Habs players, what do you expect would happen, of course there is going to be a lot of Hab fans posting and most of all of them will likely think very higly of Komisarek. Just cause they do, why do some posters insist on putting down all Hab fans for being homers or overrating their players.

Why not just stick to hockey and stop bashing a group of fans based on some comments from a few posters that might not even be Hab fans. I think it's a very poor reflection of a poster that takes a shot at an entire group of fans based on some posters comments. As a Hab fan for 20 years, I can't control what other people say, so why try and turn it into all Hab fans are Homers etc...

For the record, I happen to think very highly of Komisarek and while it remains to be seen if he can develop his offensive game at the NHL, I do think he's going to be a very good defensemen and for those taking shots at Hab fans, I hope Komisarek injures your top player. :mad:

IAMCANADIAN

Jun 10, 2004
montreal said:
For the record, I happen to think very highly of Komisarek and while it remains to be seen if he can develop his offensive game at the NHL, I do think he's going to be a very good defensemen and for those taking shots at Hab fans, I hope Komisarek injures your top player. :mad:

:lol: :handclap:

Now why don't you say what you really mean!?! :yo:

Sure you're not a Flyer fan! :banana:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I don't think there's any "shot" being taken at the Habs fans, there's just an understanding of how some opinions run.

I am a Redskins Fan for American football, and I understand the opposite side of the fence. Many many fans of the Redskins feel that anyone who dons the burgandy and gold is a superstar. Or a potential one. The Cowboys fans are worse. Anyone who puts on that Star plays beyond his weak talents.

It's not wrong, it's just bias. Plain and simple.

On a side note, to the poster who said he's a few years older than other players, well if anything that would prove he's behind in his development. Defensemen do take a long while to develop, but some never do.

I think Komisarek's potential might be vast, but his odds of reaching his offensive potential is going to be extremely difficult.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Chimaera said:
I don't think there's any "shot" being taken at the Habs fans, there's just an understanding of how some opinions run.

I am a Redskins Fan for American football, and I understand the opposite side of the fence. Many many fans of the Redskins feel that anyone who dons the burgandy and gold is a superstar. Or a potential one. The Cowboys fans are worse. Anyone who puts on that Star plays beyond his weak talents.

It's not wrong, it's just bias. Plain and simple.

On a side note, to the poster who said he's a few years older than other players, well if anything that would prove he's behind in his development. Defensemen do take a long while to develop, but some never do.

I think Komisarek's potential might be vast, but his odds of reaching his offensive potential is going to be extremely difficult.

Well I was referring to this comment, "The best part about it though is that you just know that if the tables were turned Komisarek was currently in Washington's organization and Morrisonn in Montreal's this theard would be completly different."

But also more in general. I just get tired of people lumping in all Hab fans when it's an individual that should be called a homer and not all Hab fans. Maybe I'm the only one that sees it, but I've noticed a lot of bashing of anything Hab. If I say Kostitsyn is good, it gets discounted cause I'm a Hab fan, if I say Komisarek is one of the better young defensemen it's typical Hab fans with Hab colour glasses. If I say Hossa has very good skills, same thing, Ribeiro is very talented, same thing.

I just don't get it, why not take each persons opinion as their own and if anyone has a problem with what the poster says, call them out on it, and not lump all fans of one team into that group, or simply discount what one person says cause they are a fan of a certain team.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
montreal said:
An opinon was asked about one of the Habs players, what do you expect would happen, of course there is going to be a lot of Hab fans posting and most of all of them will likely think very higly of Komisarek. Just cause they do, why do some posters insist on putting down all Hab fans for being homers or overrating their players.

Why not just stick to hockey and stop bashing a group of fans based on some comments from a few posters that might not even be Hab fans. I think it's a very poor reflection of a poster that takes a shot at an entire group of fans based on some posters comments. As a Hab fan for 20 years, I can't control what other people say, so why try and turn it into all Hab fans are Homers etc...

We canadien fans have actually seen him play and know what he can do.. He will be the habs top defenceman years to come..

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
montreal said:
Well I was referring to this comment, "The best part about it though is that you just know that if the tables were turned Komisarek was currently in Washington's organization and Morrisonn in Montreal's this theard would be completly different."

But also more in general. I just get tired of people lumping in all Hab fans when it's an individual that should be called a homer and not all Hab fans. Maybe I'm the only one that sees it, but I've noticed a lot of bashing of anything Hab. If I say Kostitsyn is good, it gets discounted cause I'm a Hab fan, if I say Komisarek is one of the better young defensemen it's typical Hab fans with Hab colour glasses. If I say Hossa has very good skills, same thing, Ribeiro is very talented, same thing.

I just don't get it, why not take each persons opinion as their own and if anyone has a problem with what the poster says, call them out on it, and not lump all fans of one team into that group, or simply discount what one person says cause they are a fan of a certain team.

Very good post. Frankly, I do think that if Morrisonn was Habs property and Komisarek was Washington property, there would be a lot different opinions on the question, but your points are smart.

Last edited:

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
montreal said:
Great reply I hope it didn't take you long to think that up.

What do you expect, when you make such base statements? I tend to expect more out of certain posters, and your response to this thread was out of line and rude. So people label Montreal fans as homers....Newsflash - A lot of them are. Sure other teams have a lot of homers as well, but considering the mass amount of Montreal fans....the homerism there fans exhibit sticks out more due to the sheer number of fans. Get used to it. Wishing ill on other teams star players, just because they label Montreal fans as homers, seems like nothing more than a childish response....And with that in mind, I have no pity for you or your fanbase. Thus - the quaint smiley emoticon, which sums all of this up in one small picture.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Enoch said:
What do you expect, when you make such base statements? I tend to expect more out of certain posters, and your response to this thread was out of line and rude. So people label Montreal fans as homers....Newsflash - A lot of them are. Sure other teams have a lot of homers as well, but considering the mass amount of Montreal fans....the homerism there fans exhibit sticks out more due to the sheer number of fans. Get used to it. Wishing ill on other teams star players, just because they label Montreal fans as homers, seems like nothing more than a childish response....And with that in mind, I have no pity for you or your fanbase. Thus - the quaint smiley emoticon, which sums all of this up in one small picture.

I expect posters to stop lumping fans by team and take issue with the poster. It's been going on for years, and to me it's gotten old, so I made a comment about it. If you didn't like it, why not just ignore it instead of adding a smart ass comment, since it brought nothing to the thread.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
montreal said:

By your logic...

db23, Kryoptix, you're both blatant homers.

Kryoptix, admitedly so.

Ron Hainsey, you're a closet homer who's sitting on the fence.

There, happy? I called them out.

So, what? 3 out of say, 5-6 Montreal Fans (assuming there are about that many who would admit to rooting for the Habs in this thread) have significantly biased points of view.

Sure, that's a small percentage, but I don't think I have to stretch it far to suggest that there is a significant number of tainted Habs fans lurking around these parts. How many of them have even seen Morrisonn play more than the 2-3 games vs Montreal is probably a good question to ask.

And on a side note, your call, whether in jest or not, for Komisarek to hurt someone elses players is down right immature and distasteful. As you are a moderator, I'm sure I could face repricussions for calling you out on that as well, but I think that's pretty childish and downright wrong. You're no fan of hockey if you want someone to be hurt. Heck, wishing injuries on other people shows a lack of humanity. As much as I hate Mario, I never want to see the guy hurt.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
montreal said:
I expect posters to stop lumping fans by team and take issue with the poster. It's been going on for years, and to me it's gotten old, so I made a comment about it. If you didn't like it, why not just ignore it instead of adding a smart ass comment, since it brought nothing to the thread.

I didn't. I posted an emoticon, which accurately gave you what your post asked for: No pity. For the record, which is worse - making a harmless generalization about a teams fans overrating their prospects/players or wishing physical harm on players in the NHL simply because their teams fans made those generalizations. Give me a break thats blatant hypocrisy! Don't whine about generalizations, then come out with such base and ridicuolous comments on the boards and expect to get a serious reply. To be blunt, you didn't deserve one.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Enoch said:
I didn't. I posted an emoticon, which accurately gave you what your post asked for: No pity. For the record, which is worse - making a harmless generalization about a teams fans overrating their prospects/players or wishing physical harm on players in the NHL simply because their teams fans made those generalizations. Give me a break thats blatant hypocrisy! Don't whine about generalizations, then come out with such base and ridicuolous comments on the boards and expect to get a serious reply. To be blunt, you didn't deserve one.

Yeah, he sincerely and earnestly hopes someone gets injured!

In a related story, 43,213 people died tonight when they were told by their angry lovers to "drop dead". Say the lovers: "we didn't mean it!"

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Rob Paxon said:
Yeah, he sincerely and earnestly hopes someone gets injured!

In a related story, 43,213 people died tonight when they were told by their angry lovers to "drop dead". Say the lovers: "we didn't mean it!"

Go get em Tiger!

You can sarcastically ridiculy my post, and frankly, I don't care. The poster's comments that I was referring to, regardless of the fact, were uncalled for and hypocritical.

As for Komisarek, I don't see him developing into what a lot of Hab fans want him to be. I watched him around mid-season 2 or 3 times (granted it was a small sampling AND mid-season....but its all I can go by at this point), and he was downright awful. His defensive play consisted mainly of cross checking people in the back and heading to the penalty box. On top of that, he was burned very badly several times. Many claimed he was good down the stretch, but in the games I saw him...I was far from impressed. That being said, he certainly has all the tools to be something special...I just think he will fall a tad bit short of all the hype that has inevitably been heaped upon him in a hockey-crazed market.

Last edited:

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Enoch said:
Go get em Tiger!

You can sarcastically ridiculy my post, and frankly, I don't care. The poster's comments that I was referring to, regardless of the fact, were uncalled and hypocritical.

As for Komisarek, I don't see him developing into what a lot of Hab fans want him to be. I watched him around mid-season 2 or 3 times (granted it was a small sampling AND mid-season....but its all I can go by at this point), and he was downright awful. His defensive play consisted mainly of cross checking people in the back and heading to the penalty box. On top of that, he was burned very badly several times. Many claimed he was good down the stretch, but in the games I saw him...I was far from impressed. That being said, he certainly has all the tools to be something special...I just think he will fall a tad bit short of all the hype that has inevitably been heaped upon him in a hockey-crazed market.
ok Komisarek sucks....
:madfire:
im now damn pissed...
angry..
:mad: ...
like we said in french: ''je suis en Tabarnak''
Komisarek is now awful defensively..., he's on par with Quintal defensively(even if he played like 60 games in the NHL and quintal is considered a defensive type of d-man)
offensively he's not polished but he has all the tools: Booming shot,good vision,the best hands on our defensive squads, and he's IMO the fastest skater on our defense....he also very mature,good leader,good attitude...
he's also stronger than souray ...
and he nailed 2/3 guys a game open ice with foote/stevens(still not on their class) type of hit..
he needs time to polish is game and more ice-time ...
dont care of what(other teams fans are saying)... I've watched all his game and he played one real bad game (against toronto)...
Also please note that montreal is easily the hardest place to play hockey ... ask Rivet,Brisebois,Koivu,Ribeiro,Theodore,Roy and it continues ..
but nobody ever said something bad that i know about komisarek that includes the CRAZY habs media,the fans,the organisations and the scouts ...
komisarek is our building block on defense .. and he's the most likely IMO to replace koivu as captain when he'll left ...

just my BIASED but still IMO represent the talents and¨POTENTIAL of this Komisarek kid...
:banana:

Last edited:

AJ1982

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Enoch said:
The poster's comments that I was referring to, regardless of the fact, were uncalled and hypocritical.

I am sure you will survive this terrible offense.

Komisarek is the superior prospect, it's that simple. Everybody knows the reasons already. To summarize: he's a big guy, he skates well, he seems to have found a knack for the offensive game and he is naturally inclined to be strong defensively. That said, Morrisson has a fairly similar frame to Komisarek and he is no slouch in the offensive game and he is a year younger than big Mike. At the same time I don't think he's done too much to prove he has more offensive potential than Komisarek, he did only average about .6 ppg in the WHL during his final season there and Komisarek does have the more impressive AHL performance thus far. I also believe that Morrisson is not as solid defensively as Komisarek, despite Komisarek's mental mistakes. So in my analysis I see a fairly sizeable gap between Komisarek and Morrisson and we haven't even gotten to the part about how much potential Komisarek still has (because is a BIG defenseman out of college, which big guys can take longer as can defenseman and also college players too, not to mention the fact Komisarek started playing hockey at a late age). So it's not really a shot at Morrisson so much as a recognition of the fact that Komisarek is something of a special prospect. And yes, I do think he is right up there with other great prospects like Hamhuis and Klesla because of his raw potential, not because of where he is right now in his development.

Last edited:

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Enoch said:
Go get em Tiger!

You can sarcastically ridiculy my post, and frankly, I don't care. The poster's comments that I was referring to, regardless of the fact, were uncalled for and hypocritical.

So you saw him around mid season 2 or 3 times. At a time when he had about, say 40 games total NHL experience split over the past two years. Using that to base a thought on a guys future is nothing short of ridiculous.

Now, I agree he wasn't great or, good mind you, early in the season. He was actually very sporatic (sp?) but in between some tough games, he played some exceptional ones. I think too many people get caught up and remember the Toronto game were he made one glaring error on National TV.

If you have any interest in Komisarek, or maybe you don't and just want to keep basing your argument on 2-3 games from mid season, I suggest checking on his playoff performance which will give you why people are hyped about him. The progression is staggering. He was playing like a veteran. In control, protecting the goalie, playing with poise. That is the Komisarek people have seen which is a much better indicator than 2-3 midseason games.

Now as for hype. Again I agree, the likelihood he will achieve it is unlikely but its a pretty mood point. This is HF so its all relative. 99% of all prospects probably won't achieve anything close to what their hype has brought here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->