Komisarek or Morrisonn

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMCANADIAN

Jun 10, 2004
:help:
Which of these two would you draft?

I think both will develop into solid number 2 or 3 d-men on their respective teams with Komisarek being more physical (a la Regher) and Morrisonn being more offensive (a la ???).

Montreal & Washington are about to turn the corner soon...ok so maybe not that soon, but I think they'll both be very good players. I only have room for one.

So which one? :dunno:

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
That's a real good question in general, but by the sound of your last sentence, it sounds as though you might be thinking in terms of your keeper fantasy hockey team, e.g., "I only have room for one."

I think that Komisarek will be a very valuable physical defensemen, but the chief contributions of those types of players do not always show up on the boxscore.

I'd take Morrisonn for his offense over Komisarek if you are talking fantasy hockey. If it's a generic question concerning the development of the two players, it's very close.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
yeah im a homer and i dont care !
I'll take Komisarek even if somebody had a gun and tell me to chose Morrisonn instead !!
komisarek is maybe overrated but he's still a solid ALL-around prospect!
so Komisarek all the way ! ;)

db23

Komisarek has a lot more offensive potential than Morrisson. Komo wins this comparison in very regard. Plus he is durable. That is really an overlooked quality in prospects. Komisarek is a horse. I haven't heard of him missing a game due to injury since he came to Michigan at least.

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
I'd take Komi cause I really like this kid but I have to admit i don't know a lot about morrison

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
db23 said:
Komisarek has a lot more offensive potential than Morrisson. Komo wins this comparison in very regard. Plus he is durable. That is really an overlooked quality in prospects. Komisarek is a horse. I haven't heard of him missing a game due to injury since he came to Michigan at least.

If you think Komisarek has more offensive potential than Morrisonn then you haven't watched the two enough. They are different style of players. Komisarek is the physical, rough and tumble player who can chip in some offense on occasion while Morrisonn is the one with the offensive abilities who will develop an all around game. Komisarek is durable? To this point yes. He hasn't played much at the NHL level yet so how can you make such a statement? You can't make that statement about either player at this point. But to say Komisarek is durable while not acknowledging the same in Morrisonn is a poor judgement.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
Komisarek plain and simple and you know why? More offensive potential, a better hitter, and I say a better leader.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Russian_fanatic said:
Komisarek plain and simple and you know why? More offensive potential, a better hitter, and I say a better leader.
To bad Komi's the quiet type personality, not a lot to backup your "better leader" statement.

db23

Kritty said:
If you think Komisarek has more offensive potential than Morrisonn then you haven't watched the two enough. They are different style of players. Komisarek is the physical, rough and tumble player who can chip in some offense on occasion while Morrisonn is the one with the offensive abilities who will develop an all around game. Komisarek is durable? To this point yes. He hasn't played much at the NHL level yet so how can you make such a statement? You can't make that statement about either player at this point. But to say Komisarek is durable while not acknowledging the same in Morrisonn is a poor judgement.

Komisarek averaged almost twice as many points per game in the AHL as Morrisson. It is hard to rate them in the NHL since neither has had a regular role. I would bet money that Komo is more productive offensively, once he plays regularly. As for durablilty, I know that Morrisson has been on IR a couple of times at least since he turned pro. He missed games as a junior as well. I never suggested that Morrisson was injury prone, I was only remarking on the fact that Komisarek is so solid.

Morrisson may end up being a 2 or 3 defenceman on his team as the poster mentioned, but I think Komisarek could end up being #2 or 3 in the whole league once he matures.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Komisarek, i dont think its realistic to say Washington is about to "turn the corner tho" they just spotted the building

velimiiro

Komisarek for me.

Komisarek is quite underrated for his offensive abilities simply for the type of style he plays, but he definately has offensive talent and of course hes just so big and strong, it would be crazy IMO to not take Komisarek over Morrisonn,..

Kasparov*

littleHossa said:
To bad Komi's the quiet type personality, not a lot to backup your "better leader" statement.

Complete garbage. I guess you could use the same arguement and say Koivu isnt a leader then? What about Yzerman? He seems just about as quiet as Komisarek... lol just because Komisarek doesn't whine and complain a la Baranby does not mean he's a "quiet personality", besides you cannot determine this to how much of a leader a player could be.... it's ridiculous.

Komisarek actually talks alot on the ice so i don't know where you're getting this from :dunno:

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
I think it's way to early to tell which one is going to turn out to be the better d-man but it's funny to see all the Habs fans come on here and say how great Komisarek is. The best part about it though is that you just know that if the tables were turned Komisarek was currently in Washington's organization and Morrisonn in Montreal's this theard would be completly different.

Kasparov*

TJF said:
I think it's way to early to tell which one is going to turn out to be the better d-man but it's funny to see all the Habs fans come on here and say how great Komisarek is. The best part about it though is that you just know that if the tables were turned Komisarek was currently in Washington's organization and Morrisonn in Montreal's this theard would be completly different.

Im not a Hab fan and i think Morrisonn isn't in Komisarek's league because he tends to shy away from physical play.

I appreciate the fact that Morrisonn has good hands and may be a good offensive dman, but Komisarek for his style and strength and the way he's progessed so smoothly, i definately pick him over Morrisonn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vic Rattlehead*

Believe this or not, Boynton played his best when he was paired with Morrisonn. Plain and simple, Morrisonn is way underrated here. I would take Komisarek, but some people here are basically saying that Morrisonn has nothing.

db23

Komisarek was the second leading scorer among defencemen in the CCHA as a soph. Right behind John Michael Liles who is a couple of years older. He was one of the top scoring defencemen in the AHL as a rookie before he got called up to Montreal, so he definitely has offensive potential.

Habs4Life

Aug 29, 2003
Saint John, NB
Kritty said:

Komisarek hasn't even had a chance to play on the powerplay yet.. What are you talking about? He's racked up the points since NCAA... It's kinda of hard to say he's not an offensive defenceman when he hasn't even had a chance to prove himself yet... :yo:

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
It's not because Komisarek is classed as a "Defensive D-man" that he can't contribute on the scoresheet regularly. As db23 stated, Komisarek was better offensively in the AHL than Morrisonn. Actually, Komisarek uses his rocket shot (that I had the chance to saw at the AHL skill contest, 100mph or so...) and is a force on the blue-line. Morrisonn may be good offensively, but don't be surprised if Komisarek contributes more offensively in the NHL than Morrisonn.

velimiiro

No... seriously, Komisarek > Morrisonn.
I have no idea why you say this is bias...... Komisarek IS a better overall D than Morrisonn am i wrong? I don't think so!

Yeah... actually, Komisarek tends to surprise you with his offensive game, he does have a good shot, and sometimes makes some very nifty stickhandling moves. Ofcourse we all know he's a force physically, he's HUGE, and has good speed for a guy his size.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
TJF said:
blah blah ...
ask any habs fan about hainsey or hossa or locke .. even Kostitsyn and others ... you'll find some habs doubters ... ask any habs fan about komisarek and he'll tell you that komisarek is a sure bet NHLer ...
anyway im not here to rant but komisarek case is very unusual on this board..
some love him like a god (most of the time habs fan) but most of other fan get pissed and tell that he wont be anything better than a #7 D... anyway, he's easily the best habs prospect ! :banana:

DBL

Sep 13, 2002
Visit site
Morrisonn is the good skater and looks to be a poormans Jay Bouwmeester if you ask me. Both Jay and Mo have the ability to rush the puck from there own end to the redline and shoot it in with ease, both do that really good. Morrisonn looks to have the upside of a 35 point #2 Dman if his defensive play keeps improving. I'd say he's underrated abit because not many have paid much attention to him while he plays. He's not even close to a big name like Komo has been over the last few years.

Anyways, since I've only watched Komo play a few times my opinion may mean squat but I'll give it anyways. I think Komo being a nasty physical defenceman like Stevens will not happen, he's physical and huge, but won't end up putting fear into players like people having been thinking. Defensively I think he'll be great, offensively he'll be great too. He seems to control the puck well and clearly has a long reach. I think his foot speed is a little slow and offensive won't have a great season until later in his career when he's got more experience at the NHL level because right now it doesn't seem like he's reading the plays well offensively. Possibly he hasn't caught up to the speed yet of the NHL. Tools are there but I guess his offensive hockey sense.

Komo > Mo

Morrisonn's good too though...

db23

:handclap:

That is a good summary of the two. Komisarek is miscast as a destroyer type defenceman. He is just too nice a guy. The players who hurt other players are a bit off. You just have to look in the eyes of guys like Stevens, Samuelsson, Marchement etc. to see that. On the other hand his skills are really underrated. He will be a regular on the Montreal powerplay within a year or two. Morrisson relies on his skating a lot, he was a forward when he was younger.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Though I do think Komisarek is probably the better prospect, from the end that he 'could' forseeably develop a better offensive game, and already has solid defensive game and phsyical game parts to his own potential.

Similarly, Morrisonn is the more refined player now. I mean, he was earning pretty solid minutes on a better than average Boston blueline. Komisarek probably has the stronger defensive game, and always will, but at times looks lost making the outlet passes.

I would take Komisarek pretty easily, but not as far as some of the people here are talking like. It's not a different class level, I think they both have the potential to be a solid #2 defenseman. Just a different type. Take off those Habs glasses and you'll see a closer picture than some of you are trying to paint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->