Line Combos: Komarov Watch

Guy Boucher

Oct 22, 2008
That sounds to me like if he's fit he's playing

Jesus is hope that's not true because I can't think of one reason why he should play over Johnsson or Kapanen right now

To be fair, Babcock said this before last game. Hopefully last game has changed the calculus for Babcock. The speed of the 4th line was a weapon and created some great chances, which wasn't the case with him in the lineup. And the PK has sucked with and without him.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
To be fair, Babcock said this before last game. Hopefully last game has changed the calculus for Babcock. The speed of the 4th line was a weapon and created some great chances, which wasn't the case with him in the lineup. And the PK has sucked with and without him.

I hope your right

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
You have to put Komarov in there.

He is the quintessential role player. He does his job well. He is a big body, he hits.

Look at a guy like Nylander. He has been the worst forward in these playoffs for the Leafs, and it is not even close. Apparently the coach even called him out on game day. Where's the cry to bench him? If the coach has to kick his butt to get going for the playoffs, that is a serious red flag.

To me, it is inexplicable all this opinion against Komarov. What exactly do you people want him to do, and what are the expectations?

It is about we do not like grinders, but someone who floats like Nylander is good because he has great __________ whatevers.

:baghead:

Wow... you really one upped the other guy. If you need an explanation as to why Nylander should be in the lineup over Komarov or why people aren’t too worried about Nylander then you might just be Leo Komarov

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

He is the quintessential role player. He does his job well. He is a big body, he hits.

Look at a guy like Nylander. He has been the worst forward in these playoffs for the Leafs, and it is not even close. Apparently the coach even called him out on game day. Where's the cry to bench him? If the coach has to kick his butt to get going for the playoffs, that is a serious red flag.

To me, it is inexplicable all this opinion against Komarov. What exactly do you people want him to do, and what are the expectations?

It is about we do not like grinders, but someone who floats like Nylander is good because he has great __________ whatevers.

Nylander 1 assist, +1 in the series. Set up Matthews for a beauty game winner last night. Komarov -1, 0 points and..........?

Jesus. I really didn't think someone would actually respond.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
So many of our muthas could be sitting on dubs if and when kommy comes back like a kommy does. Could be johnsson, Moore, even Kapanen. I think it'll be Moore though. Then when Kadri's back on dubs, it could very well be Johnsson out.

So I'm thinkin a uh: Hyman - Matthews - Nylander, Marleau - Kadri - Marner , JVR - Bozak - Brown, Komarov - Plekanec - Kapanen. If a motha like Brown ain't playing to his fullest strenghts and sfaars, it could be like a switch between Johnsson and Brown sitting on dubs. But that is not odds wisely, Babcock likes his soulja Brown real hard.

ANDI P IS CUTE

Oct 7, 2009
Windsor On
We need speed and skill to beat the Bruins, which means Johnsson over Komarov. Leo used to be a good player, but he looks kind of done now, and Johnsson looks a lot better. Hopefully Babs keeps him out even if he’s ready to play.

That’s what I’d do too. If Marleau/Pleks/Marner continue to match up well against Marchand/Bergeron/Pasta, you have to keep them together when Naz returns, even though we’ll get that matchup a lot less often in Boston.

Hyman - Matthews - Nylander
Marleau - Pleks - Marner
Johnsson - Kadri - Kapanen
JvR - Bozak - Brown

your 4th line can't have zero defense.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009

We're down 3-0 if Nylander wasn't playing. Who makes that slick pass to Matthews? Komarov? LoL you wish.

Nylander split their defensive setup twice last night too. Komarov is going to do that? That 3-2 goal was such a dominant shift by those 3. They even overcame Polaks pitiful attempts at getting the puck to the net and kept retrieving the puck.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Komarov is key on the PK for surely. He done did some amazing 5 on 3 pk's for us this season already. He can kill some of the most important penalties. Also he can do some fine destruction on some shifts offensive zone. Does the defending role pretty well also, better than others. We and Babcock need him on special teams especially. he can also play some key shifts 5 on 5. With Kadri they are strong together, but nowadays Kadri plays with marleau and marner, wich is fine.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Komarov is key on the PK for surely. He done did some amazing 5 on 3 pk's for us this season already. He can kill some of the most important penalties. Also he can do some fine destruction on some shifts offensive zone. Does the defending role pretty well also, better than others. We and Babcock need him on special teams especially. he can also play some key shifts 5 on 5. With Kadri they are strong together, but nowadays Kadri plays with marleau and marner, wich is fine.
why was our PK 5/10 with him in this series?

Reactions: supermann_98

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
If Komarov that's terrible but if he's centering Kappy and Johnsson maybe they can cover for him. However, if he's in over Johnsson we deserve to lose. Icing a terrible player is one thing, but removing a better play to ice that player is downright sabotage. Please don't do it Babcock.....

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
They (Boston Bruins) is one of the best teams with great players like bergeron, marchand etc kreicki and krug chara. No teams can stop that PP at times. So it doesn't matter who playes against them at times. Sometimes komarov can stop them in the future with Polak. But some games can go like that 5/10. It doesn't happen anymore though. Andersen is stopping now too. Komarov didn't play those PK situations alone. Komarov and Polak with Hainsey have played some 5 on 3 situations this season though where they won the games for us. Therefore Babcock and I will play with komarov and it doesn't matter what y'all say. Komarov plays even hurt cause babcock and I want to. So it doesn't matter at all how high you cry here. Komarov plays cause I say so.

Reactions: francis246

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
If Komarovs in I’m checking out

Guys a f***ing joke and guarantees us a loss

We were and always are better without him

If he’s in... f*** Babcock and f*** this team

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
So many of our muthas could be sitting on dubs if and when kommy comes back like a kommy does. Could be johnsson, Moore, even Kapanen. I think it'll be Moore though. Then when Kadri's back on dubs, it could very well be Johnsson out.

So I'm thinkin a uh: Hyman - Matthews - Nylander, Marleau - Kadri - Marner , JVR - Bozak - Brown, Komarov - Plekanec - Kapanen. If a motha like Brown ain't playing to his fullest strenghts and sfaars, it could be like a switch between Johnsson and Brown sitting on dubs. But that is not odds wisely, Babcock likes his soulja Brown real hard.

Not sure if ‘somewhere over the rainbow’ or ‘dark side of the moon’

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
They (Boston Bruins) is one of the best teams with great players like bergeron, marchand etc kreicki and krug chara. No teams can stop that PP at times. So it doesn't matter who playes against them at times. Sometimes komarov can stop them in the future with Polak. But some games can go like that 5/10. It doesn't happen anymore though. Andersen is stopping now too. Komarov didn't play those PK situations alone. Komarov and Polak with Hainsey have played some 5 on 3 situations this season though where they won the games for us. Therefore Babcock and I will play with komarov and it doesn't matter what y'all say. Komarov plays even hurt cause babcock and I want to. So it doesn't matter at all how high you cry here. Komarov plays cause I say so.

>Komarov is key
>It's actually not his fault when the PK sucks

Just lmao

Strong "being key"

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
You go with the winning lineup/formula. Obviously Kadri is too big a piece to leave out after the suspension (where he fits depends on how Plekanec plays next game), but Komarov shouldn't go in for anybody until we lose again. The speed through the lineup is keeping the Boston forecheck honest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysses31

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
>Komarov is key
>It's actually not his fault when the PK sucks

Just lmao

Strong "being key"

You're a moron if you think the PK troubles lie solely on him. Our PK looked awful again on Monday. If it wasn't for Andersen they would have scored multiple times.

On the PK they go out in units. Not one verses 5. It's everyone on that units fault not one person. We get it, you don't like Komarov but stop being a jackass

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
The issue I see even bigger then Komorav playing, is that he would be replacing Johnnson who has flat out been awesome.

Johnsson looks like a lost puppy in the defensive zone. I like him a lot but he's not there defensively

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I don't know how Babcock can justify having Komarov back in. He's been struggling for a long time and his demotion before the injury should speak volumes.

Komarov probably wants back in bad but it's clear to me his knee isn't healed and that is affecting his role.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
OK. Here's my first criticism of Babcock. Ever.
I dont agree with everything he does, but having coached myself, I tend to understand more and criticize less.

Since our only hope is to outskate the Bruins, Leo needs to take a backseat this series.

I think the chance of Leo playing is actually low, despite what Babcock said. He's just not telling the Bruins who they should prepare for.
"Might be Leo, Might not be".

If Leo plays tomorrow I'll be pissed.

Last edited:
Reactions: stuart5035

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

The PK problem stems from the bench. Clearly they have not created a strategy that is even close to being acceptable. No team in the history of hockey is that bad, the players aren't even that much worse athletically. It's really inexplicable and if I am Lou I am yelling at DJ and Babs after the game to fix that crap right away. Special teams is a bench thing for sure. This group had one of the best PKs in the league for a while, what happened? Obviously they are being played wrong. Obviously that is poor strategy from the bench - end of story.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I'm wondering if maybe we have Komarov centre the 4th line. Again they were not great defensively last game. So sit Moore for Komarov?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad