Confirmed with Link: Komarov 4x3

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Trust me, Komarov is not going to be good at even strength for the Islanders, especially if he is put on a line that plays with pace.
Leafs fan? If you take neutral and defensive zones into account, you know who else isn't especially good at even strength, especially if he plays with players who play with pace?

:laugh:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
This says it all. Isles #1 in PK one week into the season.

NHL.com - Stats

Who leads the Isles Fwds in this? Komarov and Filppula.

Lets wait a little longer before we incorporate a Lamoriello shrine at Belmont.

I think Filppula and Komarov have been better than advertised, but this season is still so young, and anomalies typically occur on the first month of the season and then things typically return to the median after that.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Lets wait a little longer before we incorporate a Lamoriello shrine at Belmont.

I think Filppula and Komarov have been better than advertised, but this season is still so young, and anomalies typically occur on the first month of the season and then things typically return to the median after that.

It is not my intention to jump the gun here, only to highlight on why these 2 players were brought in. The NY Isles were 31st in PK last year, and while it is early, it is also no coincidence they are 2-1 with better Penalty killing. I don't know if they will finish #1 in the NHL in PK, but it will be improved with these 2 guys playing on it. This is at times lost on fans that tell Isles fans these were after thought free agent signings. That's all I wanted to say here.

Reactions: seafoam

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Probably in the minority, but I really don’t have a problem with him. His advanced stats aren’t great, but nothing has stood out to my eye test to suggest that he’s terrible.

Still don’t like the contract, but what’re you gonna do? He’s far away from Marty Reasoner.

Reactions: bigtim1988

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Probably in the minority, but I really don’t have a problem with him. His advanced stats aren’t great, but nothing has stood out to my eye test to suggest that he’s terrible.

Still don’t like the contract, but what’re you gonna do? He’s far away from Marty Reasoner.

He doesn't stick out negatively because our team is slow, I could see him being a problem on a team that has a lot more speed on it.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City

Agreed. He's not a big liability.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
He is here to provide leadership, effort, energy, make sure Lou and BT's message gets across and help out the young players.

Would it be better if it was a two-year deal? Of course. But I assume he was looking for either a short-term deal from a contender or stability for his family.

At some point, if when/he is passed by younger talent, he will probably be a depth forward who doesn't kill you when pressed into spot service, a healthy scratch, sent to the minors for long "conditioning" stints, or bought out in some fashion that works for both the player and team.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
He is here to provide leadership, effort, energy, make sure Lou and BT's message gets across and help out the young players.

Would it be better if it was a two-year deal? Of course. But I assume he was looking for either a short-term deal from a contender or stability for his family.

At some point, if when/he is passed by younger talent, he will probably be a depth forward who doesn't kill you when pressed into spot service, a healthy scratch, sent to the minors for long "conditioning" stints, or bought out in some fashion that works for both the player and team.
Good post. The Isles Cup teams were shaped in part by veterans who were gone by the time the Cups were won, but they laid the foundation. Parise, Drouin, Hart, Marshall, etc..

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
That’s great to read about Leo.

I’ve been satisfied w his play; he always goes the extra distance to make a defensive play and is very good at breaking up plays. He doesn’t provide much offense, but Filp’s puck carrying/playmaking mitigates some of that.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018

There were a few teams going after him, so the price/term went up. Two or three years would probably have been better.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Worth a listen at the 2min mark of this video. High praise for Leo by the Coach.

There were some questions about his signing this summer, but as I assured Isles fans, to not listen to the naysayers, but to believe me. Komarov would help you guys, and you will like what he brings to the team.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Nothing special type player. Always seems to have some sort of impact. Better on a playoff team then here but he's a locker room guy. Disappears too much offensively.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Very happy with his play. Perfect third liner this year. Next year..... well we'll see.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
image.jpeg
Uu
I think you contradicted yourself four times there.
I think therefore I am. I think you're mistaken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad