Prospect Info: Kole Lind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Tsn did a 2017 redraft and Lind was not in the top 40 and was listed as a dropper. I guess there are so many players behind him in draft who rose while few dropped. His teammate Foote went from 14 th to 28 th in redraft. Petterson rose to 4th behind the two top picks and Casey M.

Don't think it's that huge of a deal, lots of players doing well+Lind being a winger hurts his spot.

Reactions: 2011 still hurts

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Don't think it's that huge of a deal, lots of players doing well+Lind being a winger hurts his spot.
I think it may be a reflection that they did not like Lind in the first place as he has done nothing to drop. Some have done more behind him but he has had a very good year overall especially considering the Mono and big hit he took later in the year. He started the year on fire before Mono than was on fire later in year after Mono. He was still 2nd in primary points per game in the league.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
I think it may be a reflection that they did not like Lind in the first place as he has done nothing to drop. Some have done more behind him but he has had a very good year overall especially considering the Mono and big hit he took later in the year. He started the year on fire before Mono than was on fire later in year after Mono. He was still 2nd in primary points per game in the league.

It's not just them, he didn't make the WHL all-star team either.

I didn't follow Lind outside his numbers this year so can't comment on his game, I'm happy he's had a solid year but I see no reason to get up in arms about snubs at this point. Let's just hope he can translate it to pro hockey because the guy taken right after him is exactly what our prospect pool needs. Hague's the first D to break 30 goals in the OHL since 2000.

Brock Boeser Laser Show

Sep 27, 2017

I didn't follow Lind outside his numbers this year so can't comment on his game, I'm happy he's had a solid year but I see no reason to get up in arms about snubs at this point. Let's just hope he can translate it to pro hockey because the guy taken right after him is exactly what our prospect pool needs. Hague's the first D to break 30 goals in the OHL since 2000.
I wouldn't really put much into All-star team selections. Only reason Lind didn't make 1st team is because he only played 58 games. Same reason why Brock might not be 1st line all rookie team.

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
I wouldn't really put much into All-star team selections. Only reason Lind didn't make 1st team is because he only played 58 games. Same reason why Brock might not be 1st line all rookie team.
I would be surprised if games played was the only reason Lind didn't make an all star team. His teammate Dube played less games and made the Second All-Star Team

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010

defn is not a big deal and I have not seen anyone making a big deal about it. It is interesting to see where outside parties see our prospects. Obviously Benning thinks a lot higher of Lind than other GM's did or this group of scouts or pundits think.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I'm sorry to say I think it's f***ing hilarious that Kole Lind can put up 2PPG but the Rockets get swept. LOL

Not Lind's fault, of course. Damn good showing by him.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver

It would be kinda funny if Boeser, the MVP from the NHL's all star game, isn't named to the rookie all star 1st line. Not shocking or surprising given the rookie class this year, but funny.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
Hold on...isn't there some rule about under 20 year-olds from the CHL not being eligible for AHL play? Am I remembering that incorrectly? How does that work?

If you get drafted from the Chl in order for you play in the AHL you need to be at least 20 years old but Dec 31 of that hockey season or completed 4 full chl season.

There are exceptions, one of them is your chl team is eliminated from the playoffs then you can play in the AHL for the remaining season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad