Prospect Info: Kole Lind, Pt. II | Is not being taken, etcetera

Status
Not open for further replies.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Next season I expect that he will start in Utica again but will probably get called up at some point for a look when injuries strike or if he is ripping down the door. 2nd line is the best-case scenario for his peak perfomance; it's unlikely that he will get there at all, never mind as a rookie. I see his level of potential and arc of development as more similar to Gaudette's. Right now he would be easily overmatched by NHL speed and strength.
Thanks. Yes after seeing him against NHLers i have to admit i have been comparing Josh Leivo to a fully developed Kole Lind. I feel like Kole has a better IQ and vision but lacks some of the zize/strength and shooting abilities that Josh has.

So much is gonna come down to his work ethic and if he can get more explosive. Could be he takes a long time to put the pieces together. Have to admit i liked him more than Dillon Dube a few years ago who has 10pts with the Flames this year.. He played a better pro game than Dillon even though he wasn't as explosive in the skating department. Lind could be worth the wait i feel......cheers

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Next season I expect that he will start in Utica again but will probably get called up at some point for a look when injuries strike or if he is ripping down the door. 2nd line is the best-case scenario for his peak perfomance; it's unlikely that he will get there at all, never mind as a rookie. I see his level of potential and arc of development as more similar to Gaudette's. Right now he would be easily overmatched by NHL speed and strength.

Does he have top 6 potential?

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
Does he have top 6 potential?
He was a 33rd overall pick and according to consensus, drafted exactly where he was supposed to go. He definitely has the talents and skillset to be a top-six NHL forward, as do much players selected that high. It's just a matter of whether or not he pieces it all together.

I think one thing Lind's shown a lot of, is the ability to bounce back and not let adversity limit him. When he got snubbed from Team Canada, he went on an absolute tear and basically manhandled the WHL. His first season in Utica was less than ideal, but he realized what he had to work on and you could start to see everything falling into place in the back half of his season, and this year, he's one of the top forwards in the AHL.

He's a player that at the very least, has earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to expectations.

Reactions: Momesso

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
He was a 33rd overall pick and according to consensus, drafted exactly where he was supposed to go. He definitely has the talents and skillset to be a top-six NHL forward, as do much players selected that high. It's just a matter of whether or not he pieces it all together.

I think one thing Lind's shown a lot of, is the ability to bounce back and not let adversity limit him. When he got snubbed from Team Canada, he went on an absolute tear and basically manhandled the WHL. His first season in Utica was less than ideal, but he realized what he had to work on and you could start to see everything falling into place in the back half of his season, and this year, he's one of the top forwards in the AHL.

He's a player that at the very least, has earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to expectations.
So maybe will struggle his first while in the NHL too but we should be patient with him when that happens

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
So maybe will struggle his first while in the NHL too but we should be patient with him when that happens

It's hard for playmaking winger types who isn't very quick to make and stay in the NHL if they can't score. Lind will need to show off his shot enough to be kept on for his "potential." It is best he gains strength and rounds out his two way game so he can at least be trust to play a bottom 6 role.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006

I would agree. Here's a B-level prospect going through the normal development curve and continuing to progress slowly. Let's see how it goes. I think one more year in Utica and then see if he can make the team. If he does, expect another 2-3 years in the pros before we know if he can be a 2nd liner or not.

This is pretty much what his coach in Kelowna said too - that he'd take 4-5 years to develop.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
What a difference a year makes!.....Lind is in the midst of a breakthrough season in the AHL...even getting some looks at center. He's now on the absolutely correct path for a second rounder. Maybe another year in the 'A', but can't see how he won't eventually land in VanCity as a depth winger at least.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Seems to me that when players go through some serious adversity early in their careers, it either 'makes' or 'breaks' them. As other posters have pointed out, Lind used his snub from the WJC team as a motivator. And after his injury-marred' and lackluster start to his pro career in Utica, he came back this year more determined and driven to succeed.

Was reminded of this at the Sedin ceremony last night. The twins didn't come in and take the NHL by storm. In fact the results during their first four years were pretty underwhelming, and during the lockout year in '05 they were seriously considering chucking it all and heading back to Sweden to play.

But by working relentlessly on their skating and conditioning , they turned themselves into the Hall of Famers they were to become. So it's not necessarily where you're drafted, but how willing you are to overcome the disappointments and holes in your game with a relentless work ethic. So from that standpoint, Lind looks like he'll be just fine.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
GOOOOAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kole Lind!

hPzkzUQ.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad