Koivu vs Jessiman vs Eaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefighter7796

Feb 2, 2004
Who would you rather have and why? Which one will be the best of the three offensively? I want to know based on skill only, not by which NHL team they are on now, so that if they got traded they would still perform to that level.

Mikko Koivu
Hugh Jessiman
Patrick Eaves?

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Jessiman has huge potential but he is a project. Hes a high risk/high reward player. I'd expect him to take longer to develop than the others because he is a power forward and power forwards tend to take their time developing for some reason. Thats all I know, I havent seen the other except for Koivu one time this week.

CaptainBure

Sep 3, 2004
I think you gotta take Jessiman first,just because if he hits his potential,he will be way better than the other two,but the question is whether or not he will hit it.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
on pure talent and skill and potential to be an impact player? i'd say jessiman is a good bet to be at the top of the list...huge kid, good skating, good skills, good vision...all the tools to be a top powerforward if he puts it together. if it all comes together he's a 1st line powerforward easy with the ability to physically dominate opponents.

but the rub is that he's not as much of a sure thing as a lot of other prospects...he has a ways to go and he could very well not reach that

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Hrmmmm, If I were to make the pick I would take Hugh Jessiman. He is big physical and a goal scoring threat. This past year he has made huge strides in his defense. Rangers will take him along slowly but I feel he will be a Bill Guerin type force in the NHL in the future....only bigger.

college hockey

Jun 8, 2004
Maine
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
Ben Eaves
Pat Eaves
Hugh Jessiman
Mikko Koivu

Course I'm ungodly high on Benny...
Ben Eaves is a talent the only problem with him is that he's as fragile as a china doll and will never hold up in the NHL.

maximil

Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
NCAA Hockey Fan said:
Ben Eaves is a talent the only problem with him is that he's as fragile as a china doll and will never hold up in the NHL.

I can't tell you who's best but I really like the way both Eaves play the game. There are so many attributes to consider besides size.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
maximil said:
I can't tell you who's best but I really like the way both Eaves play the game. There are so many attributes to consider besides size.

With Patrick Eaves, the perception seems to have more to do with the nasty injuries he sustained than his size.

college hockey

Jun 8, 2004
Maine
maximil said:
My comment about B.Eaves has nothing to do with his size just the fact the had numerous injuries in college.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
I would go with Koivu for sure. His size/skills combination could make him a star player.
After that, I would go with Jessimen. His last season wasen't really impressive so...
And, of course, Eaves is third on my list...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->