Koci

Status
Not open for further replies.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Has anyone seen this guy play? What are your thoughts on him and how tough actually, is he?
This is a question for non Penguins fans who have seen him against your AHL teams.

stardog

Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
stardog said:
Has anyone seen this guy play? What are your thoughts on him and how tough actually, is he?
This is a question for non Penguins fans who have seen him against your AHL teams.
ANYONE??? Noone seen him play?

Pens Fan

Oct 6, 2003
Pittsburgh PA
Visit site
This is from a pens fan but since you have not got a response i will give you my opinion. I dont think that he will ever crack the Pens lineup. They do not give chances to younger players. They would rather give Boileau, Melichar, Roszival, Bergevin, and even McKenna and other Bums a shot before playing guys like Lupaschuk, Koci, Buckley or any of the WBS players. He is pretty far down the prospect list behind Welch, Whitney, Nemec and others so unless he gets dealt he wont make it IMO. Besides that i like his size and thought he has played ok when i seen him. But at 27 (i think) his time might be well over and will only be a AHL career player.

stardog

Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Pens Fan said:
This is from a pens fan but since you have not got a response i will give you my opinion. I dont think that he will ever crack the Pens lineup. They do not give chances to younger players. They would rather give Boileau, Melichar, Roszival, Bergevin, and even McKenna and other Bums a shot before playing guys like Lupaschuk, Koci, Buckley or any of the WBS players. He is pretty far down the prospect list behind Welch, Whitney, Nemec and others so unless he gets dealt he wont make it IMO. Besides that i like his size and thought he has played ok when i seen him. But at 27 (i think) his time might be well over and will only be a AHL career player.

He is 23. What aout converting him to a wing? Anything is better than McKenna.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
The guys have to earn their spots over the veterans. You can't just give out spots to young guys because they are young.

That said, from what I have heard about Koci, I wouldn't be surprised to see him up here before this year is over.

I'm interested to see if anyone has seen him too. stardog, maybe put this in our forum, because I believe Seabass watches Baby Pens games (or goes to them).

stardog

Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
MrKnowNothing said:
The guys have to earn their spots over the veterans. You can't just give out spots to young guys because they are young.
That said, from what I have heard about Koci, I wouldn't be surprised to see him up here before this year is over.

I'm interested to see if anyone has seen him too. stardog, maybe put this in our forum, because I believe Seabass watches Baby Pens games (or goes to them).

No one suggested otherwise. Where did that come from? That said.....
How is he susposed to earn this spot over the veterans without being called up? He has to earn his spot over the prospects by out playing them for a chance to be called up, but over the veterans it cant be done unless given the chance. And given the nature in which he would be used he has done that and then some.
And are you implying that he would have to outperform McKenna? That is so wrong on so many different levels.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Pens Fan said:
Melichar and Rozsival are both young. Koci is also 22. Your point is lost.

Koci seems to have turned his game around 180 degrees over the summer. That said, he's still not a hugely talented guy. He's going to have to prove that, over several years in the AHL, he can still play a physically punishing game as well as being able to keep things simple, mopping up his own end and dropping the gloves on a regular basis.

If he can do that, I don't see why he can't be a Cairns or Therien type of guy. A solid #6 defenseman that, regardless of depth, will always have a spot on the roster.

I think he's a long-term project and a ways away from competing for a regular spot in the NHL, and his chances won't be getting any easier as guys like Bissonnette, Whitney, Welch, Schneider, etc. start filtering into the system. Take this with a grain of salt, as I've only seen him in camp and preseason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->