OT: Kobe Bryant Dead

leafsgirl12

Apr 29, 2014
Canada
Manchester United lost around like half of their team in the '50s. Payne Stewarts flight appears to have lost cabin pressure causing everyone to die. Thurman Munson, Corey Lidle, and Halladay crashed their planes, etc.

Air travel is very safe, it's just if something goes wrong, there is a high chance of significant fatalities.

Either way, this story is terrible, the saddest part in my eyes is two young teenagers had their lives cut dramatically short.
3 young teenagers had there life cut short Gigi and two of her teammates

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
You do realize that in order to land from a glide in a fixed wing you require airspeed and a suffecient length, flat area in order to land. (Not ideal in hilly or mountainous terrain)
Helicopter can land at zero speed from a well executed auto rotation in the space of its own foot print and under sufficent rotor rpm to appear as if you landed under power.
Open the door and walk away and let the airtechs sort it out. :thumbu:
Hills and mountains are a whole different beast, one we rarely deal with in my world. We also have quite a lot of other potential spots for putting down. I believe we have the highest ratio of roads/area in the country. A significant portion of the province has roads spaced in a grid pattern so that you go no more than 1,200 metres in any direction to hit a road (and that's in the isolated part). That's without of course all the other landing options. Definitely depends on your own local situation.

Certainly with any of these, it depends completely on what exactly fails.

Last edited:
Reactions: KIWILEAFFAN

KobeBean143

VINO #24 #8 #2 MVP
Mar 13, 2015
Lol, Am I the only one that finds this crazy?

Honour Bryant for sure... dedicate a trophy to him... of course! But make him the face of the NBA logo? Yeah... no....
The face of the NBA logo is already a player
A man who considers him a son
He's the only player that has been the logo and there has been talk for years of updating
Get outta here with this

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Lol, Am I the only one that finds this crazy?

Honour Bryant for sure... dedicate a trophy to him... of course! But make him the face of the NBA logo? Yeah... no....

His face would not be on the logo itself. It would still be a silhouette.

I could care less either way, but it would be a gesture that would mean a lot to some fans and at the very least it would a way to represent a new generation of basketball players. Jerry West is 81, so basketball fans today do not really connect with him like they do with Kobe Bryant.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Jerry West himself has said for many years that he no issue with changing the logo, and as matter of fact, would prefer that it be updated to reflect the changing league. There was a movement some years ago to have Michael Jordan's silhouette replace the current one, but I guess that never got any traction.

Reactions: LindrosLeafs88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad