News Article: Knyzhov nominated for Masterton

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
This reminds me so much of a Kucherov story.

Kuch was drafted by Tampa and while playing for CSKA Moscow and he needed shoulder surgery. CSKA told him that they thought he was faking it or something and that they wouldn't pay for the surgery. So the Lightning call him, fly his family out to the US and pays for all of his medical needs and the first chance he gets he books it outta CSKA Moscow. Then Kuch becomes a superstar and signs team-friendly deals that really help the Lightning compete. We know how Jumbo and Patty taking hometown discounts kept us in contention for years so there's a parallel there.

Esp. with Russian prospects, I think this type of goodwill goes a long way. They tell their countrymen what a great organization the Lightning are, or the Sharks are.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
This reminds me so much of a Kucherov story.

Kuch was drafted by Tampa and while playing for CSKA Moscow and he needed shoulder surgery. CSKA told him that they thought he was faking it or something and that they wouldn't pay for the surgery. So the Lightning call him, fly his family out to the US and pays for all of his medical needs and the first chance he gets he books it outta CSKA Moscow. Then Kuch becomes a superstar and signs team-friendly deals that really help the Lightning compete. We know how Jumbo and Patty taking hometown discounts kept us in contention for years so there's a parallel there.

Esp. with Russian prospects, I think this type of goodwill goes a long way. They tell their countrymen what a great organization the Lightning are, or the Sharks are.
Reminds me of the China Sharks coat hanger/rock star thing. With a much better ending...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad