Known secrets in NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whodoyouthinkyousee

Dec 27, 2015
The Babcock-Marner-list debacle made me think this. In modern world where internet and social media is everywhere, how is it possible that so many crazy happenings and 'accidents' still stay under the water? I mean, the players must talk to themselves about these kind of things, and laugh how crazy/bad/funny something for example their coach or gm is doing. And some propably even talk it with their friends out side of the team, or with their parents and wifes also. And the odds are at least some of them would talk it again to someone else. And even some reporters knew this happened and it didn't still come public.

There must be so many crazy/unbelievable stories we as fans would love to know to have a good laugh or, like in this case just be simply amazed how something like it is even possible. Of course it's not just fun and games for the fans, the media would tear teams apart if something too bad would come public and that would just mess with a teams play, so in a sense it makes sense. I would just think that in these modern days, more secrets would be revealed than there obviously actually is.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
There were some doozies from Mike Keenan years ago if anyone want to do some dirt digging this morning.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Some lighter one's could probably be:

-When a veteran joins a new team, he is placing a bet of several thousand dollars when his new team first plays his old team. If they win, the veteran pays the amount of bet in to the penalty pool. If they lose, nothing happens. This is a way for the team to amass money for things like the rookie dinner (if there is only 1-2 rookies in the team). The amount of money is often determined by the veteran writing a number on the flap board and the team either boos or claps. As long as they boo, the veteran keeps raising the amount.

-There still is a high hierarchy in terms of the massage table. For reasons unknown to me, it's still a thing. If you're a novice, you're not getting on the massage table before the veterans.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Some lighter one's could probably be:

-When a veteran joins a new team, he is placing a bet of several thousand dollars when his new team first plays his old team. If they win, the veteran pays the amount of bet in to the penalty pool. If they lose, nothing happens. This is a way for the team to amass money for things like the rookie dinner (if there is only 1-2 rookies in the team). The amount of money is often determined by the veteran writing a number on the flap board and the team either boos or claps. As long as they boo, the veteran keeps raising the amount.

-There still is a high hierarchy in terms of the massage table. For reasons unknown to me, it's still a thing. If you're a novice, you're not getting on the massage table before the veterans.

Why wouldn't vets go before younger players? They have been there longer only makes sense.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
like Brind'amour knocking out Lindros WWE style with a folding chair?

People say it didn't happen but they're wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad