Post-Game Talk: Knock knock! Who's there? No one. Pens lose to Flyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
- is sid ok with just being called the best player in hockey or is he actually going to go out and play the best? People can blame kunitz and dupuis as much as they want. Sid has been pretty average for a long time.. Save beating up on bad teams-. Tonight he missed break aways and made some dumb give aways. That's on him.

- malkin... Just malkin... He doesn't even shoot anymore.

did i watch a different game?

penguins2946*

pot-and-kettke.jpg

Every post of his is just using extreme hyperbole and complaining. I only do that after games when our team plays like crap. Sadly, that is common right now.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
did i watch a different game?

I was wondering the same exact thing :laugh:

Both Crosby and Malkin played very well tonight. They were creating chances all over the place.

But wait. Crosby missed a breakaway. That means he's terrible even though he scored our only goal. My bad.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
+ This happened.
i4RXburIleN12.gif

+ Bennett looked good and then didn't get rewarded for it.
+ Crosby was good, the breakaways are brutal though.

= Malkin, not consistently great, not horrendous. He was good Malkin and the not. I've reached the point where I don't want him to shoot.
= Maatta with Letang wasn't great, but then Niskanen replaced him and he looked better in comparison.

- The team
- KCD, kill it with fire.
- Kunitz with the disallowed goals, it's ridiculous.
- Letang, my God, call up Despres already.
- Niskanen-Letang, it doesn't ****ing work, Dan.
- D'Agostini, bring Megna back.
- Gladams have hit the wall.
- Jokinen, not the worst, not even close, but he wasn't good.
- Orpik's sad shot.
- Bortuzzo didn't have a good game
- The PP and PK
- The refs are still bad, the Pens are just independently pitiful.
--- Dupuis, trade him for whatever, I don't want Yakupov but if it gets Dupuis gone.
----------- Bylsma. He is the most ridiculous joke that loves ridiculous jokes of players

I miss Paul Martin.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I would ask him questions that are important to Dan, like who might be the next Moustache Boy in practice and whose pitching in the next on-ice whiffle ball game and what player will next invite them to break bread at their home while on the road?:naughty:

Or, whether Craig Adams has a shot at earning a spot on Team USA.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
I think it would also help if some one told Letang we also have a goalie. I think every time they score he's surprised to see Fleury because it reminds him what he does.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch

Both Crosby and Malkin played very well tonight. They were creating chances all over the place. Geno in particular looked much more like himself.

But wait. Crosby missed a breakaway. That means he's terrible even though he scored our only goal. My bad.

And both literally had zero support any time they had the puck. And I do mean literally.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union

Both Crosby and Malkin played very well tonight. They were creating chances all over the place. Geno in particular looked much more like himself.

THIS! Malkin and especially Crosby were absolutely allright tonight. One of their better games of the year, easily. That just wasn´t enough, because they are still not converting their chances like they should and the rest of the team is just mediocre. A lot of chances created by Crosby/Malkin were just squandered by Neal, Letang, Bortuzzo, etc..

Also, we need P.Martin back, our transition is suffering badly now.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA

Both Crosby and Malkin played very well tonight. They were creating chances all over the place.

I thought they both were excellent as well. Malkin was all over the place & Sid could have had 3-4 points.

The only problem is Sid didn't score 3-4 points because he can't do that every night.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
- To all the people complaining about one single meaningless regular season loss in the middle if November. Your logical criticisms are all invalid because of this.

Typically would agree. I felt that way against Colorado. Then I watch a team with a million chances again tonight and we are shooting 30 feet above the net. :laugh:

It's frustrating. It really is. That's the life of a Pens fan right now. It's Cup or epic frustration.

Crozbar

Feb 7, 2010
Edmonton
I wish some one in the post game presser would call him out just once.

"We just didn't get to our game"

"What does that even mean?"

Of course said person will probably be writing about softball games in Punxsutawney after.

Yes, the host has really turned the tables on the parasite ... works the same in politics, too.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
Haven't read the thread, but I don't care...

Malkin was a beast tonight. Easily the best player on the ice. A great game.

Letang is a joke. His accuracy is ridiculously bad, he continues to make poor decisions with the puck, and continues to be a liability defensively. How two guys got behind him on Schenn's second goal is beyond me. ~8 million a year, baby!!

The PP is just sad. I don't understand how you can lose so many puck battles when you have an extra guy, but the Pens have become experts at it. Their entry is shaky, their movement is bad, and their chances (if they even get any) might be even worse. Just a total cluster **** when they have the man advantage.

31 shots, with maybe 5 of them being legit chances. This system is just so stale and easy for opponents to defend against.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
They were both good, yes. Neither one has any confidence at the moment, though. Neither one has much swagger in their game. The goal was sheer brilliance by both players, but five on five it's a different story. There's no question the rest of their linemates are dragging each down, and the blueliners aren't helping out much either.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Typically would agree. I felt that way against Colorado. Then I watch a team with a million chances again tonight and we are shooting 30 feet above the net. :laugh:

It's frustrating. It really is. That's the life of a Pens fan right now. It's Cup or epic frustration.

No I feel the same way. I just don't believe in using the sarcasm emote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad