GDT: KNIGHTS OF GOLD @ HOUSE OF THE STORM

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
He's such a liability in the offensive end. Wish he could just play 10-12 ES minutes a night with PK duties. Anything more and he's costing us.
At a certain point, I don't care what fancy stats say, when a guy is this atrocious in half of the game, his minutes need to be reduced. He has absolutely no business playing top line minutes anymore. Any offensive momentum we gain immediately dies on his stick.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
The team in front of him sucked but Mrazek wasn't good either. In fact he's pretty below average. We're not doing anything without a goalie that can steal us a few games which he can't do.
The thing is he can steal games for us. But he also does the opposite about as often these days.

That said, I'm not placing this one at his feet alone. The whole f***ing team was sleepwalking until the midpoint of the third.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Imagine blaming Mrazek for this loss. Holy hell do some of you folks not know **** all.
Mrazek was a shit show tonight. They first period only luck prevented him from giving up 5 goals. And that last goal was a momentum killing back breaking last minute of the period goal that he has a habit of allowing this year.

He wasn't the only reason we lost, but his play was a big one.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I mean f*** me, when the last puck enters the net, only half of Mrazek's body is actually protecting the goal from the shooters angle, with literally half his body outside of the crease, wide of the net. But yeah, let's blame being screened for his shit positioning on that one.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
IMO Mrazeks save total was inflated by a lot of outside low chance shots. Cant really remember him making any 5 bell saves.

But everyone sucked so whatever. Have to play 60 and it would be nice if Petr made some tough saves.
Mrazek had a few good ones but it doesn't make up for him regularly being way out of position and making adventures out of what should be routine saves. As bad his stats are this season, it somehow seems like he's lucky they're not worse because it looks like he has trouble finding and following the puck and just has to pray he's in the right position and that the puck hits him.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
The 2nd goal is the only goal you can make any attempt to blame Mrazek on. The last one was a one timed pass of a one timed pass that none of the defenders were able to pick off. If you think Ned’s 5’10” soaking wet ass would have played that any differently, you’re high.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The thing is he can steal games for us. But he also does the opposite about as often these days.
He has the ability to do so much like any NHL caliber goalie can do so on a good night but he doesn't do it as regularly as you'd like out of a #1 goalie. Or even a 1A goalie.

He needs to be much better along with a few other passengers on the team.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
I understand many of us are frustrated that this flaming turd-show was what we got after a near-decade hiatus.

that being said, i would be hesitant to have many real takeaways from this game. This was a prototypical trap game for the canes and ill be more concerned / attentive to how the next couple of games go.

anyway nice to be able to vent/ commiserate with you all. Be well!

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
On the positive front, I thought Fleury played well. I was surprised to see him on the ice in an offensive situation with ~1:30 to go. He ended up with 1:08 more ice time than Edmundson at EV overall.

I'd like to see him get some full games in the Top 4 in the hopes of ultimately pushing one of the slower defensemen out of the lineup for a Bean or external acquisition. I really don't like that group of 6 in terms of skating. The forwards need more support offensively.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I have more confidence that Reimer will go on a tear than Mrazek. I don't know why Rod continues to lean on Petr more. His stats are awful and he certainly doesn't pass the eye test.

Staal, oh boy... It's like he actively tries to kill a play in the offensive zone. Woof
Agree on both accounts.

At this point I think we need to consider giving Reimer more games. And if we aren't comfortable doing that, then that is a problem in itself.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
I think we can all agree its the stick manufacturers fault.

He really needed to give that a rest. Shit happens and it happens to every team in this league. Of the top ten things that went wrong tonight, the quality of the stick manufacturing comes in somewhere around #29.

RBA just said they had a half dozen no shows.

That's being generous...

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Imagine blaming Mrazek for this loss. Holy hell do some of you folks not know **** all.
Yep. He wasn't locked in tonight but he also was by far the least of our problems, and he actually gave the team a chance to get back in it. Just a game where we played one of the worst periods of hockey we have all season and weren't able to really play how we should all game. And I hope Rod's message to the guys is something along these lines.

RBA just said they had a half dozen no shows.
Are we sure he didn't mean a half dozen that actually showed?

Reactions: cptjeff

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Doesn’t matter if it’s Mrazek’s fault or not. The fact of the matter is the team plays scared in front of him, and that’s as much of a killer as anything.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad