Knights (K)News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Too bad that area is a bit trashy. I know that they are trying to make it better, but the residential area that surrounds it will never get that much better unless a developer buys out blocks of homes and I can't picture it happening as there's still some open land left in the valley.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
They would literally have to demolish 2-3 square miles of old homes to remove the "stigma" that surrounds downtown Henderson. It's an issue that probably won't change for decades.
Wasn't there a chemical factory or something in the Henderson area, that was home to one of the largest explosions in history. They could do a re-enactment in the appropriate location, and I'm pretty sure that'd remove said sigma, plus more. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm beginning to see why I'm not a civil planner :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Wasn't there a chemical factory or something in the Henderson area, that was home to one of the largest explosions in history. They could do a re-enactment in the appropriate location, and I'm pretty sure that'd remove said sigma, plus more. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm beginning to see why I'm not a civil planner :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Yes, that was in the 80s. The PEPCON explosion. Probably about 3-4 miles from the new VGK ice center. Downtown Henderson would need another one of those blasts so it can rebuild properly. (Kidding....mostly).

Reactions: hangman005

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
Too bad that area is a bit trashy. I know that they are trying to make it better, but the residential area that surrounds it will never get that much better unless a developer buys out blocks of homes and I can't picture it happening as there's still some open land left in the valley.

They would literally have to demolish 2-3 square miles of old homes to remove the "stigma" that surrounds downtown Henderson. It's an issue that probably won't change for decades.

I have a bit of insider's knowledge on the area. :naughty:

The City is in the process of making the whole residential area a historic district, so it will be very unlikely that the townsite homes will go anywhere. With that, however, will come some revitalization efforts to clean up the properties and make them more aesthetically pleasing. Honestly, most of them are decently maintained properties now, albeit small. Also, keep in mind that as soon as the business district (Water Street District) gets a few more amenities going (like neighborhood market), you will likely see a lot more demand for these properties. The Water Street District has some really good momentum right now with the Events Plaza, Lovelady Brewery, Juan's Flaming Fajitas and now this ice center. Get a corporate HQ in there and you will start to see more higher end dining and retail that will start to bring visitors and new residents. I see the area looking a lot different in the next decade. Already there has been more redevelopment in the area in the last 5 yrs than there has been in the last 20. It is a much smaller downtown than Vegas, so one development can have a lager impact.

@Pirate Deadpool never say never.

City/county could offer an incentive to redevelop that area. Or numerous "cash buyers" might "invest" in that area.

The area is already a redevelopment district and has been for about 20 yrs. There are tons of tax incentives/grants, etc. offered for the right businesses/developments. The$12 million from the City is coming from these funds, which can't be used outside of a redevelopment area. They have long been looking for an anchor business to bring in people to the area that would start the chain of new redevelopment throughout the area. I am not sure this ice center will be the one that tips the scales, but it could be the domino that brings in something like a corporate HQ or other large development that changes the face of the area.

Reactions: LadyStanley

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Hey guys! Currently in a fantasy draft for a keeper league and had two questions for you. 1) Do you think it is likely for Glass to play this year in the NHL? 2) Is Stone likely to play with Karlsson? I believe they were on different lines this year, but wondering if you think that may change? Have family in Vegas and Stone is one of my favourite players, so hoping to grab some players from your team so I keep up with them more.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Hey guys! Currently in a fantasy draft for a keeper league and had two questions for you. 1) Do you think it is likely for Glass to play this year in the NHL? 2) Is Stone likely to play with Karlsson? I believe they were on different lines this year, but wondering if you think that may change? Have family in Vegas and Stone is one of my favourite players, so hoping to grab some players from your team so I keep up with them more.

Thanks! :)

1. I don't think he'll start the year with the team because that would require moving both Haula and Eakin and forcing Glass into the 3C spot which is pretty risky for a contending team. He'll definitely be the first forward call up throughout the year.

2. Pretty likely the top 2 lines start out the same as they finished. Stone with Stastny and Pacioretty.

Reactions: Inf4mous0ne

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
A lot will depend on what happens at prospect development camp end of this month, rookie camp in September, and full camp.

VGK seems to use merit for prospects to get on the NHL roster. They have to outplay the journeymen/veterans to make the NHL roster. Then we'll see how things shake off.

Personally, I think it more likely he'll be in AHL vs NHL this upcoming season.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I feel that the current Wild Bill line is too small as is right now. They are feisty, but I think Stone to the Wild Bill line and Gusev to the Stasnty line would be much better.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
So Dunkin Donuts is going to give free Donuts when ever a team scores against us and Krispy Kreme when they don't? :laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->