Golden Knights (K)News - Volume II

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
I used to buy the uniforms of scrub players who didn't make the team in my size and strip them and have it customized at denver athletic. It was hard work stripping off glue and meigrey prices are still crazy expensive for players who don't make the team.

Some years they had blanks (edge 2.0) for sale, but those were when it was Reebok branded and I haven't seen sale of blanks in the meigrey off season sale in the Adidas branded era. Maybe they have some at the annual tent sale, but I'm no longer hardcore with hockey jerseys.

I have starter, ccm, and koho authentics of my favorite avalanche players that I'll always Cherise and don't want to get sucked into the authentic jersey thing again with vgk.

I almost bought a Reilly Smith jersey a month into the season and prices were still cheap at the time. It'll take several brutal seasons for prices of vgk jerseys on meigrey to see a price drop and even then I expect to be higher prices than most other teams.

I wanted to buy one to see what the difference was between on ice and the “retail” authentic. I find interesting that Adidas is basically taking the old Reebok premier and adding a fight strap to it, calling it authentic and charging double for it.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I wanted to buy one to see what the difference was between on ice and the “retail” authentic. I find interesting that Adidas is basically taking the old Reebok premier and adding a fight strap to it, calling it authentic and charging double for it.

The adidas authentic sold in stores is made in indonesia. It's not the premier. That was a replica and things like the shoulder patches were sometimes made out of screen printed plastic. The indo edge is what the current indo adidas is.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
The adidas authentic sold in stores is made in indonesia. It's not the premier. That was a replica and things like the shoulder patches were sometimes made out of screen printed plastic. The indo edge is what the current indo adidas is.

I know where it’s made. I’m talking about the material.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Congrats to Fleury, named to NHL All Decade team

The salt on the main boards about this is hilarious.

All these peoples tears are delicious.
giphy.gif

I kind of want to now use that picture as my avatar just to piss people off.

Reactions: Devonator

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Also, left as an exercise for the reader, VGK has announced the live and silent auction items for this year's Knight to Remember.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Regardless, I doubt captain is named this season.

I don't think I'd want a captain this season, maybe even next season. Not just because of Engelland, but because the whole reason people said they didn't was because of Fleury. That he was their leader and everyone knew it already. Plus the team of leaders line.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Which Golden Knights players are impacted by the hockey...

Paywall

Bauer, CCM custom sticks made in China and companies have been shuttered due to Lunar holidays and then the Coronavirus. (Warrior custom sticks are made in Mexico so not impacted.)

Granger put together a list of which players might be impacted/run out if the companies don't reopen (soon). They were supposed to open last week, but didn't happen.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

And proof that IHL and ECHL got enough hockey to get first Nevadan NHL player to the show (and for his hometown team).

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Rebel chant at TMobile from a few days ago:

That was awesome. We were watching the very nervous end while we were waiting for pregame to kick, and I commented to my buddy that they should post it up on the jumbo. Took forever, but they did. The chant was fun.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Wasn't the Knights suppose to get third jerseys this year?

I remember last year when it was supposedly reported that the third jerseys would be revealed in October.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Wasn't the Knights suppose to get third jerseys this year?

I remember last year when it was supposedly reported that the third jerseys would be revealed in October.
Going against the long arm of NHL approval. Foley supposedly said it will be this summer and is gold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad