Pre-Game Talk: #Knights@Habs (18-01-20/7:00PM/TVAS, CITY, SNE, ATTSN-RM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Last game for like 10 days. Would be nice to go out with a win. It'll also be nice to get a high draft pick. So just make it a good game.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Hoping Drouin joins the team after the break.

With Suzuki’s play up the middle Dome should slide over to LW. Time to trade Tatar at deadline while his value is the highest. A win tonight pushes the GM further into thinking winning.

The record this team needs to go on to finish out the season though not likely unless Price turns his season around and goes into lights out mode

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014

With Suzuki’s play up the middle Dome should slide over to LW. Time to trade Tatar at deadline while his value is the highest. A win tonight pushes the GM further into thinking winning.

The record this team needs to go on to finish out the season though not likely unless Price turns his season around and goes into lights out mode

I totally agree. Trade Tatar if you get what you want and make Domi and Drouin your top 2 LW.

I'd also trade Scandella if we get a somewhat better pick than we gave for him.

Kovalchuk is intriguing. Unless we get a 2nd rounder for him, i say we keep him and try to resign him for 1 or 2 years. He has a presence. An aura we don't have. But again, maybe it is already agreed he won't stay and MB knows about it so we might trade him anyways.

Petry i keep. Let's revisit next year's deadline. RD depth is too shaky right now. I like Fleury but we can't really expect him to be more than a bottom pair right now. Brook... Kind of underwhelming but no need to rush him and rush a definitive evaluation . Maybe if we can draft Drysdale this summer, Petry becomes expandable.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Based on Domi's somewhat indifferent play this year I wonder if investing in him longterm is a smart idea. The amount of turnovers this year has really stood out to me. Perhaps he had the same demise in Arizona where his best year was his rookie season.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Cousins in the Weber-absorber spot again tonight. Kovalchuk and Domi to shovel it in afterwards, or some cross-ice passes like we've seen in the first Kovalchuk/practice tweets.

Armia and Kotkaniemi in the middle slot on each PP unit, I bet Yoel has 'work talks' with the Strike Eagle (F15...) on what such and such approach does at their position on the PP.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Based on Domi's somewhat indifferent play this year I wonder if investing in him longterm is a smart idea. The amount of turnovers this year has really stood out to me. Perhaps he had the same demise in Arizona where his best year was his rookie season.

I am usually against bridge contract because its the best way to get an amazing deal on a player(Pax,Gally,Price etc etc).. But bridge or trade would be the only two options with what i see from Domi this year!!

Jul 6, 2016
Price has been lights out the past 3 games...where has he been and why does he go in such long, inconsistent slumps?

That's the darn question I am asking myself since a while. Bad defence ? Lack of focus ? Minor injury ? Lack of interest ? Only Carey knows.

Reactions: Tyson

Mike Towers

Aug 8, 2019
I hope for a ass kicking loss. Just to be sure the plan for the deadline is clear. Though, it is never clear with this team so i will say we lose in OT.
100% agreed if Montreal sells at the deadline they could easily be a bottom 5 team with a legitimate shot at Lafreniere and getting back prospects and picks.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Cousins in the Weber-absorber spot again tonight. Kovalchuk and Domi to shovel it in afterwards, or some cross-ice passes like we've seen in the first Kovalchuk/practice tweets.

Armia and Kotkaniemi in the middle slot on each PP unit, I bet Yoel has 'work talks' with the Strike Eagle (F15...) on what such and such approach does at their position on the PP.

When 2 more players come back (hopefully Drouin and Gallagher after the bye week) Cousins will be out of the lineup and hence off the pp.

I can't wait!

Jul 6, 2016
Most of the teams ahead of them are playing against weaker teams tonight and could very possibly win. If Habs lose, the mountain will be even more steep to climb. And IF during the week off, all these teams keep winning, Habs will be definitely out of the race.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

Drouin and Gallagher should be back after the break.

Atleast 100% sure Gallagher

Jul 6, 2016
When 2 more players come back (hopefully Drouin and Gallagher after the bye week) Cousins will be out of the lineup and hence off the pp.

I can't wait!

I think Poehling is the odd-man out... Back to Laval.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
My guess for our post break (healthy) lines:

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Kovalchuk - Domi - Suzuki
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Lehkonen - Thompson - Byron
Cousins
Weal

With Poehling back to the AHL. I honestly really like those lines. If Thompson gets moved for a pick Poehling can come back up and centre what would be an amazing fourth line.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think Poehling is the odd-man out... Back to Laval.

Claude seems to me to be pretty clear in his depth chart. When Armia came back it was Lehkonen to the 3rd line and Armia on the 2nd.

Now that Poehling is on the 3rd line and Cousins on the 4th, Poehling is ahead of Cousins on the depth chart.

Things can change. But that's how it is now, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad