GDT: Knights @ Ducks Part 2. It's Still Duck Hunting Season.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Yeah he's going to start shooting off defenders and their sticks to regain his scoring touch

Not sure what to make of this one, so many goals off bounces both ways. Could see Kings at the moment are just cursed, but good game from the Knights with the quick exits and transition plays leading to goals.

I mean he looked the most comfortable offensively as I've seen him in a VGK uniform (for better or worse). Glad to see he got rewarded with a goal.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Nice to see the new guy fit in well with the third line. Even when things look like they will work out, I always worry that a player won’t perform as well with his new team.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Btw the way Karlsson, Marchessault and Smith had 0 points. Is anyone surprised?

On the third line Nosek had 3 points, Tuch had 2 and Janmark had 1.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I love Channy but that can also be Karlsson's speed opening up the ice, with Getzlaf between Smith and Marchessault. I hope I'm wrong but you don't win Cups with Stephenson and Nosek centering your top 9.

Series by series they match up well in the West now against Colorado and Minny, but 3 series + a possible meeting against the Lighting? I don't like their chances without much talent or size down the middle.

Playoffs are going to be a new and somewhat unknown season. As do the AVs, we also generally whip up on the bad team - we're 5-0 vs SJS, 5-1 vs. Yotes, 5-2 vs. LA, not exactly sure against Ducks but only 1 loss. That's not chopped liver.

As for the playoffs, I think we are significantly better than the Wild (though you might not know it from regular season), Av's aren't very physical and while they are extremely good, we do seem to play them well. After that, if we come out of the West it's a crapshoot, since we have no method of comparison. Everyone says our division sucks, but that's because 3 teams were almost guaranteed to make the playoffs before the season started, not that it's bad at the top.

I would be worried about playing the Wild. The team needs to show that it can score on them. If the offense gets bogged down again and the power play struggles, fans will complain about the coaching again and about the predictable offense.

I actually like Deboer but I do agree with some of the criticisms on here.

To make things worse this team has given Minnesota way too much confidence by continuing to lose to them. Our team had plenty of chances to beat up on them like we’ve just witnessed with LA and Arizona, but it hasn’t happened yet.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I was lurking on the Minnesota forum recently and it was interesting seeing things from their perspective.

They really don’t want any part of Colorado but they think their team can beat our team in a playoff series. So they definitely preferred to face us.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I was lurking on the Minnesota forum recently and it was interesting seeing things from their perspective.

They really don’t want any part of Colorado but they think their team can beat our team in a playoff series. So they definitely preferred to face us.

I think that would be the perspective of 99% of the posters for any team.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I would be worried about playing the Wild. The team needs to show that it can score on them. If the offense gets bogged down again and the power play struggles, fans will complain about the coaching again and about the predictable offense.

I actually like Deboer but I do agree with some of the criticisms on here.

To make things worse this team has given Minnesota way too much confidence by continuing to lose to them. Our team had plenty of chances to beat up on them like we’ve just witnessed with LA and Arizona, but it hasn’t happened yet.

What if we give them the criticisms before? Like I said I liked how they got into transition a bit more last night and it led to goals, but that could have just been the Kings. The Karlsson line needs to get going with speed again, they are worthless trying to create something from the perimeter it seems. I brought this up with a friend and he said well they can't match the speed of the top teams, but that's not really what its about. You use speed to get more shots on target and force the goalie to make saves and maybe get some rebounds. The PDB system against decent teams is just going to lead to a lot of blocked shots. What I don't like about that is what I saw in the past with the Sharks as well is his team just keeps trying the same thing. They never adjust by shooting wide or shooting off target into a crowd to create bounces. They just keep finding the shins or body of a closing defender and that gets you nothing for long stretches. When you do get a clear shot its usually unscreened and the goalie gets an easy save out of it.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Sounds like something the GMs would say after trading away MAF to try to soften the uproar the team will face.

The eye test tells me right now MAF is the better goalie, whether at his age that holds after this contract is done is unclear.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Personally I prefer Lehner but thought this was interesting:

Golden Knights goal support differs for goaltenders

Fleury, who improved to 3-5 since Lehner returned from a concussion on March 19, has received 16 goals of support in that span, including just one goal in five of those eight starts. In Lehner’s seven starts over in the same timeframe, the Knights have scored 32 goals, including four or more goals in six of those games for an average of 4.57 goals per game. Lehner is 6-0-1 in those games.

Fleury (19-10) is 9-10 when the Golden Knights provide three or fewer goals of support this season, and 10-0 when they’ve scored four or more on his behalf.
But Lehner’s surge since the third concussion of his career has seen him produce a 1.84 goals-against average and .931 save percentage. Fleury has a 2.66 goals-against average and .902 save percentage over the same period.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Nice start to period.

GfishingCERT.gif

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I'm glad Roy has been rewarded with goals for his good play. He had the 22 game goalless streak but I felt bad because he had the good goal get overturned on the offside review in the middle of it.

Reactions: doumtang

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The eye test tells me right now MAF is the better goalie, whether at his age that holds after this contract is done is unclear.

Frankly it doesn't matter to me, just trade one of them and free up the cap space. Lehner's cost and age would suggest he should stay. Still its such an indictment of the management that they let it get to this point.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Frankly it doesn't matter to me, just trade one of them and free up the cap space. Lehner's cost and age would suggest he should stay. Still its such an indictment of the management that they let it get to this point.

Granted, it's against the bottom feeders, but right now we look really relentless. I'd just like to bring up some kids for next year and get rid of some contracts, if possible, like Holden and Reaves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad