Post-Game Talk: Knights beat Canucks 9-4. Thanks Vancouver.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It took the last minute of play for Kolesar to do something impressive forcing the turnover in Vancouver's zone while penalty killing.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Fun game. Was quite a sight to watch a Vegas hockey team playing an actually televised hockey game.

Glass, Wong, Ferguson, Suzuki, and Hyka impressed me the most.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Wong with the hatty and an assist. He still needs a contract right? :sarcasm:

Glass was impressive, and Suzuki had some very nice plays from our 1st rounders.

Like I said earlier, a lot to be excited about, looks like we picked some good ones.

On the other side of things Theodore was a little disappointing, and Reinhart was a little more disappointing.

Ferguson looked pretty solid considering how the defense looked at times.

Can't wait for the regular season.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Good game and a great start for the franchise. This first season will still probably be a tough one but fans can be really confident in a bright future. This team is going to be good.

I still can't believe how the freebies (Guys like Wong) and throw ins (Guys like Ferguson) contributed. Good work by McPhee and his scouts.

Another thing I can't believe is that the Leafs had Wong signed to a tryout at the end of last year and let him walk.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Glass was impressive, and Suzuki had some very nice plays from our 1st rounders.

Like I said earlier, a lot to be excited about, looks like we picked some good ones.

On the other side of things Theodore was a little disappointing, and Reinhart was a little more disappointing.

It was pretty par for the course for Theodore: adept and almost veteran like in the offensive zone. Sloppy in the defensive zone. I have no qualms with him spending the year in Chicago. He needs their coaches to shore up his defensive game.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
From what I saw, this looked like a glorified pickup. Nice to see some of the kids exhibit skills. Wong is tiny- little guys just don't get much of a shot in the league. What is he? 5'6"? Probably looked at as a tweener- scores a lot in the A, but can't do much in the N.

Edit- Wong is listed as 5'9"... Riiiight.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
You're stuck in the last decade Zalapshot.

Smaller and smaller guys are making the NHL / becoming impact players now more than ever.

And now with the emphasis on stopping clutch and grab and the excessive stickwork, they are going to be able to be even better.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Was quite a sight to watch a Vegas hockey team playing an actually televised hockey game.

Must have been nice. :laugh:

Listened on the radio. D'uva and Lawless were not bad, but I swear that's the first hockey game I've listened to on the radio in nearly 45 years...I did the math!

Thanks to those who gave updates and impressions of the game. Only one game, but the future seems promising.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Must have been nice. :laugh:

Listened on the radio. D'uva and Lawless were not bad, but I swear that's the first hockey game I've listened to on the radio in nearly 45 years...I did the math!

Thanks to those who gave updates and impressions of the game. Only one game, but the future seems promising.

Oh I had to put up with many a radio game as a Vegas based Ducks fan. Since we had Fox Sports PT and West I caught most Ducks games but every season there were like 5-6 games broadcast on KDOC and I had no way of watching them on my TV. I just really hope a deal can be reached so every TV owning Las Vegan can watch their damn team. It's bad enough that the Raiders are gonna steal hype away when they arrive.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Our jerseys really do look slick on the ice.

cut.jpg

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Well, #80 is one jersey number I can't help but remember who has it!

Is he under an NHL contract or just an AHL contract? Will he need to sign an NHL two-way contract to be called up? Then he is unavailable for the parent club in the regular season and this is just a glimpse of whether the team will offer him a two-way contract or stick with the AHL-only one he signed this year.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Nice win by the Golden Knights, was pleased to watch what was an entertaining game... especially because we won.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I thought Glass, Suzuki, and Wong all played well
Very cool to finally see the Knights lace up for a game!

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Got my DIRECTV issue resolved last night and watched the replay. Glass looked smooth. Reinhart looks like he did with the Isles ...lost. Wong is impressive. He stood out in his camp session on Friday. Can't wait to see the guys play with the big boys now.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Glass is showing why he was such a riser in last year's draft rankings. The kid has the potential to be a complete package - and he's only going to get bigger and stronger.

Theodore is a bit of an enigma. Throughout his junior and pro career he's shown considerable skill as an offensive minded defenseman. But his defense his often questionable at best and the offensive production at the NHL level hasn't been nearly enough to off-set the shortcomings. In that sense, he reminds me a lot of Michael Del Zotto.

Reinhart's performance is par for the course. He was a bit of a stretch for the fourth pick in the 2012 draft and has been chasing down those expectations ever since. However, the league's demands on defensemen has changed dramatically in the last 5 years and Reinhart thus far has found himself in the same boat as a lot of defensive prospects drafted in the 2010-2012 range in that the game is considerably quicker than the one they were drafted into. Right now, he appears to be victim of one of the most noteworthy transition periods in recent NHL memory.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
You're stuck in the last decade Zalapshot.

Smaller and smaller guys are making the NHL / becoming impact players now more than ever.

And now with the emphasis on stopping clutch and grab and the excessive stickwork, they are going to be able to be even better.

That's a valid point- so, how would you explain his being a free agent? Pardon my ignorance, but the last impact short guy I remember was Theo Fleury.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I wouldn't pencil in Wong just yet but he's at least earned an ELC and a few call-ups provided he keeps it up.

That's a valid point- so, how would you explain his being a free agent? Pardon my ignorance, but the last impact short guy I remember was Theo Fleury.

Ray Whitney, Saku Koivu, Marc Savard, Brian Gionta, Mike Cammalleri, Johnny Gaudreau, Tyler Johnson, Martin St Louis, Brad Marchand, Daniel Briere, Marc Recchi to name a few.

ronthemailman

Oct 23, 2016
Las Vegas
Directv customers in Las Vegas...just spent an hour on a computer "chat" with Suzan in India..sent her Steve Carp's RJ article about Directv getting channel 684 as part of all Directv package above their $60 one...it took an hour, but right now, I have no Sports Pack (had to buy it Sunday to watch game), so Sports Pack was cancelled but I am receiving 684!..told Suzan to put Carp's article in computer base so other Directv customers here in Vegas won't have to wait an hour to get 684 added

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->