Post-Game Talk: Knights beat Canucks 9-4. Thanks Vancouver.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Glass looks great today. Wanted him to drop to #7 so badly. You guys got yourselves a gamer.

I've seen some Canucks fan bemoaning the fact they should've taken Glass over Pettersson. I don't know about that necessarily but I am almost taken aback at how much better he looks in this game compared to all the other times I've seen him since the draft.

I jumped the gun big time saying he looks 3-4 years away from the league. Based on how he's played tonight he really looks more like 1-2 years away depending on how much he can add to his frame. Though within that I think a year in the AHL can do wonders for his ability to produce in the NHL. He's got the poise and smarts to do well. Being in the AHL might help his execution level.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This is why I wanted them to draft Glass.:amazed: Buttery smooth. Can't wait until he bulks up.

Penalties galore in this one.

Better get used to it. :) They're calling slashing and obstruction like they did post-lockout.

Suzuki's getting some good looks on the power play.

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I've seen some Canucks fan bemoaning the fact they should've taken Glass over Pettersson. I don't know about that necessarily but I am almost taken aback at how much better he looks in this game compared to all the other times I've seen him since the draft.

I jumped the gun big time saying he looks 3-4 years away from the league. Based on how he's played tonight he really looks more like 1-2 years away depending on how much he can add to his frame. Though within that I think a year in the AHL can do wonders for his ability to produce in the NHL. He's got the poise and smarts to do well. Being in the AHL might help his execution level.

He's basically playing against Vancouver's AHL squad today and he's one of the most noticeable players on the ice. That bodes well for his first year in the AHL - assuming he keeps playing like he is today.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas

I was foolishly hard on him after the rookie camp as well. But that is basically drop in hockey, and Glass is the type of player that excels with a little more structured game.

Having some sort of system allows you to kind of anticipate where to be offensively / defensively better and bodes well for guys who are IQ players like Glass.

I say if he keeps even close to this up, he may get 9 games if a body or two is moved before the season. Then possibly 3rd line duties next year.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
He's basically playing against Vancouver's AHL squad today and he's one of the most noticeable players on the ice. That bodes well for his first year in the AHL - assuming he keeps playing like he is today.

It's the things he's doing in a bubble that's impressing me. Obviously against rookies and prospects, he's gonna have more space and time right now. But he does things with the puck that in a self contained context, shows a lot of talent and poise.

Obviously his frame isn't gonna hold up against bigger and faster pros. But the talent he has showcased today makes me think he's closer to the bigs than I originally suggested.
I was foolishly hard on him after the rookie camp as well. But that is basically drop in hockey, and Glass is the type of player that excels with a little more structured game.

Having some sort of system allows you to kind of anticipate where to be offensively / defensively better and bodes well for guys who are IQ players like Glass.

I say if he keeps even close to this up, he may get 9 games if a body or two is moved before the season. Then possibly 3rd line duties next year.

I do want to see as much hockey against veterans from him as I can.

I see Theodore hasn't fixed that missing tooth yet.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
But then again, most of Vegas' guys don't have NHL experience either. Stoner is the only true veteran.

True but they're looking like some vets out there. I don't know if that's coaching or potential or what. I really like their powerplay. It looks really structured.

Who coaches their powerplay anyway?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
appears the Oilers scouting report that Reinhart sucks is fairly accurate. Wanted Pitlick. Oh well.

Millionth power play. Good practice.

edit: the Canucks with another PP???! wth man

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
appears the Oilers scouting report that Reinhart sucks is fairly accurate. Wanted Pitlick. Oh well.

I've never followed a draft as closely as I did 2012. I never ever ever understood the Reinhart hype. He was strong on his skates and possessed the puck better than average but when I saw him go 4th overall I was truly baffled. Granted I felt the same about Lindholm going as high as he did but I didn't get to watch Lindholm much.

But with Rielly, Forsberg, and Trouba on the board it was a really poor selection by the Isles. I'm not excited for his presence in this organization.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
True but they're looking like some vets out there. I don't know if that's coaching or potential or what. I really like their powerplay. It looks really structured.

Who coaches their powerplay anyway?

Good question but the Ducks fan in me is jealous so far.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Wong giving Tuch a run to make the roster so far. Obviously Glass making a case to get a 9 game look as well.

edit: and Hyka as well.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I've never followed a draft as closely as I did 2012. I never ever ever understood the Reinhart hype. He was strong on his skates and possessed the puck better than average but when I saw him go 4th overall I was truly baffled. Granted I felt the same about Lindholm going as high as he did but I didn't get to watch Lindholm much.

But with Rielly, Forsberg, and Trouba on the board it was a really poor selection by the Isles. I'm not excited for his presence in this organization.

I still can't believe Forsberg dropped that far.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I still can't believe Forsberg dropped that far.

Neither could or can I.

When Forsberg and Trouba were on the board at number 6 I was screaming in my head at Murray to take one of them. Lindholm was definitely the right pick but we couldn't go wrong with either. Other than thinking like everyone else that Yakupov would be a great player and thinking Lindholm was a reach I feel pretty happy with my impression with 2012 and how it's played out overall. At least at the top end. I was torn on whether Grigorenko would be a star or a dud but my gut was saying dud.

WHAT A GOAL BY SUZUKI. I'm getting the vapors.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Too bad this game wasn't in Vegas. This would have been a great first live experience for a lot of people.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Too bad this game wasn't in Vegas. This would have been a great first live experience for a lot of people.

Indeed. And plenty of Vegas fans are struggling to watch this game sadly. Perks of being in grad school in another state I guess. I don't have to worry about blackouts.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
9 goals. Suzuki makes that play happen. Great passing play with a smart pass by Hague. Thompson with the goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->