News Article: Knights Abroad (Fan-Made Media Guide)

Brian Watson

I've recently launched a website dedicated to all things Vegas Golden Knights. Over the last two months I've developed a database containing endless stats about VGK. I'm beginning to post franchise records, as well as individual pages recapping their season series against all opponents. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated! (www.knights-abroad.com)

KNIGHTS ABROAD

Follow us on Twitter: @VGKAbroad

Brian Watson

Thank you for your great work. It is a very helpful database.

Here is my feeble attempt at commemorating key events:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/vgk-historical-firsts-records-leaders.2412337/

Your work should now replace my thread. Thank you, again.

I would only humbly suggest that you integrate video clips into your site (if possible) of key events.

**** Please make this a permanent "sticky" link.

Strong work!

Thank you for the feedback! I'm the process of adequately formatting videos for the site.

Your original post for key events is fantastic! It'll be a great source for videos of some of the events.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Question: What was your motivation for being a Knights fan living in North Carolina?

Brian Watson

Question: What was your motivation for being a Knights fan living in North Carolina?
I’ve been a lifelong Carolina Hurricanes fan. Since they’ve missed the playoffs the last 8 years (soon to be 9 years), I’ve always picked a team to root for in the playoffs.

I also majored in statistics and always loved working with sports stats.

The Carolina Hurricanes publish a media guide every year with updated stats and franchise records about the team. Literally any stat you can think of is in this guide.

When it was announced that the NHL was granting a 31st franchise, I immediately thought it’d be fun to create something similar for Vegas. So I’ve just followed them nonstop since the team was announced. (And since they’ve been at or near the top of the Western Conference all season, they’re lots of fun to watch play as well.)

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
I’ve been a lifelong Carolina Hurricanes fan. Since they’ve missed the playoffs the last 8 years (soon to be 9 years), I’ve always picked a team to root for in the playoffs.

When it was announced that the NHL was granting a 31st franchise, I immediately thought it’d be fun to create something similar for Vegas. So I’ve just followed them nonstop since the team was announced. (And since they’ve been at or near the top of the Western Conference all season, they’re lots of fun to watch play as well.)

I always recommend that hockey fans follow two teams from different conferences.

I think this lends insight to the game as the style of play is very different. Also, in the East there isn't much exposure to teams and players from the West because of the time difference.

Originally from Pittsburgh and a Pens fan, I was totally oblivious to the Western teams. Following VGK, however, I've now developed a strong dislike for the LA teams (the Kings and Ducks). Ironically, my previous dislike of the Oilers has now been tempered. Oilers fans (except for a notable few on this site), tend to be very nice and knowledgeable. My feelings about the Oilers' failures have now changed: I feel less schadenfreude and more pity ... almost.

Brian Watson

I always recommend that hockey fans follow two teams from different conferences.

I think this lends insight to the game as the style of play is very different. Also, in the East there isn't much exposure to teams and players from the West because of the time difference.

Originally from Pittsburgh and a Pens fan, I was totally oblivious to the Western teams. Following VGK, however, I've now developed a strong dislike for the LA teams (the Kings and Ducks). Ironically, my previous dislike of the Oilers has now been tempered. Oilers fans (except for a notable few on this site), tend to be very nice and knowledgeable. My feelings about the Oilers' failures have now changed: I feel less schadenfreude and more pity ... almost.

Completely agree. I've never paid a lot of attention to the Western Conference just because the Hurricanes only played those teams twice a year.

I've talked to a few Arizona fans and while this year hasn't been an ideal one for the Coyotes, those fans still stand by that team despite all of the drama surrounding ownership, the arena, etc. over the last 5+ years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad