GDT: Knights (37-24-8) 82 pts @ Calgary (36-26-7) 79 pts, SN, Fan960

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Rittich is fighting everything atm. I can't count how many times he was horribly positioned or over reacted on a play. The confidence that was there early in the season has been replaced by doubts. I am not saying Rittich is done..I am saying however he could use some time to clean up his game, his positioning, and his mind so that he is ABLE to be everything he was earlier in the playoffs.

There was a reason Tre signed a competent back-up to share starts.

Treliving would've been a fool not to with no goalies on the roster with a track record of being a #1.

But fighting it or not, Rittich was good and at times spectacular in this one for the most part. I didn't like his play on the first one where he lost his footing and didn't seem to know where the puck went, but that's a mistake, not a part of his game. Without Ritter making several key stops on defensive breakdowns in the third, we wouldn't have had a chance to tie it up.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Treliving would've been a fool not to with no goalies on the roster with a track record of being a #1.

But fighting it or not, Rittich was good and at times spectacular in this one for the most part. I didn't like his play on the first one where he lost his footing and didn't seem to know where the puck went, but that's a mistake, not a part of his game. Without Ritter making several key stops on defensive breakdowns in the third, we wouldn't have had a chance to tie it up.

I want to see BSD at the top of his game come game 83 and it is my opinion he could use a week dedicated to working on problem areas of his game. I can't say for certain Talbot would have got us a win but ATM Cam's game is much cleaner. For me it is about every player being ready for game 83.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Team played like garbage for most of the game. Not even just bad but like horrific terrible bad. Soft soft soft.

Monahan has been at the top of my shit list forever. This guy does not show a pulse for 90% of games. Can't win with players like that. I'm a Rittich fan generally but he was not good. Sliding all over the place, not much controlled or calm in his game at the moment.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
Team played like garbage for most of the game. Not even just bad but like horrific terrible bad. Soft soft soft.

Monahan has been at the top of my shit list forever. This guy does not show a pulse for 90% of games. Can't win with players like that. I'm a Rittich fan generally but he was not good. Sliding all over the place, not much controlled or calm in his game at the moment.

At some point this team has got to quit playing to the opposition and take control by playing their game. The only line doing that night in night out right now is the Backlund line. A little confidence in their own style of play would sure help Johnny and Mony. The Knights did a good job of frustrating Johnny by interfering with him all night. Haven't seen hip flop around like this since the Colorado series last year.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Not sure why there is a fixation on goaltending in this one. The Flames allowed goals during periods of play where they were getting beat all over the ice and were unable to generate any offence. Rittich made saves which allowed them to get the game tied late. Once again, the Flames went to pieces and spent the rest of the game on their heels, inviting the bad bounce that inevitably finished them off.

The Flames can play a lot better than they did tonight. If they do, our goalies will be fine.

The team didnt play well, especially Monahan. I cant wait for the day they get rid of him. Compete level is so lacking it's not making up for his lack of skills except for shooting.

Rittich is not 100% at fault but he is not helping. There is a difference between a confident winning goalie and one that gives up points. Rittich is the latter now. This team is not good enough to win with a goalie like that.

nihlify

Jan 20, 2010
But who is there to target realistically? Lehner is the only clear upgrade in the free agent market and outside of his mental health, something else seems to be up to play on 4 teams in less than 3 years.

Take a chance on a Stanley Cup winner in Holtby who has looked off for 2 seasons and is expecting #1 money and term? Could be the biggest UFA mistake this summer.

Make a splash for Murray/Jarry?

Pipe dream: Anaheim blows everything up and we give a king’s ransom for Gibson.
Don't think you should read too much into Lehners team-hopping. While the move from Islanders was a bit strange, the rest have reasonable explanations. Not saying there couldn't be something else behind it, but former team mates and fans seems (mostly) on his side, so I don't see that as a major concern for anyone targeting him for the next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->