Knicks Fire Derek Fisher

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
So I hear Phil has an opt out clause after this season and is likely to use it. Lol. That could change the coaching search greatly. As of yesterday the media was speculating it had to be a Phil guy/someone who knows/would run the triangle offense.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Joke of a franchise ever since Ewing left.

Kills me how they get turned down by a reputable candidate in Kerr, only to offer the exact same salary and deal to Fisher, who had 0 experience.

Dolan is really running them into the ground at this point, if I was Melo I'd get the hell out if I want a ring anytime soon.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
So I hear Phil has an opt out clause after this season and is likely to use it. Lol. That could change the coaching search greatly. As of yesterday the media was speculating it had to be a Phil guy/someone who knows/would run the triangle offense.

He shouldnt of taken the job in the first place. He's 70 years old and still spends half the uear in LA, should have signed on as an advisor and thats it.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007

Kills me how they get turned down by a reputable candidate in Kerr, only to offer the exact same salary and deal to Fisher, who had 0 experience.

Dolan is really running them into the ground at this point, if I was Melo I'd get the hell out if I want a ring anytime soon.

Melo's just stacking bills so he can buy some rings in his retirement.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

Maybe he knew they had nothing. Even with Melo the dude is a coach killer/cancer.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Maybe he knew they had nothing. Even with Melo the dude is a coach killer/cancer.

Exactly why he spurned them. Kerr knew GSW had a very good core as opposed to the Knicks who only had Melo and still only really have him and Porzingis.

While true who can blame him for not taking that cash. Dolan is the dope who let it happen.

Not like P Jax was ever short on cash. He's made tons and his fiancee just happens to co-oown one of the leagues most valuable franchises. I'm assuming it was about a new challenge/got bored sitting at home.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So many rumours flying around about other reasons that may have contributed to his firing. I figured it was just the usual internet BS but now you have a guy like Windhorst talking about it as well.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Exactly why he spurned them. Kerr knew GSW had a very good core as opposed to the Knicks who only had Melo and still only really have him and Porzingis.

Not like P Jax was ever short on cash. He's made tons and his fiancee just happens to co-oown one of the leagues most valuable franchises. I'm assuming it was about a new challenge/got bored sitting at home.

Well if its the latter he's been busting his balls very hard!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad