Knicks Fire Derek Fisher

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
:laugh: at Phil and MJ's GM skills

Those 2 bullied Jerry Krause, but but they should be worshipping him tbh .... Krause was the architect of those championship teams

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Can't say I'm surprised. It was a bizarro decision from the beginning. Giving someone with zero head coach experience 25M over 5 years is as stupid as it gets.

Also, I feel like whichever team overpays for Luke Walton in the summer will be pretty disappointed shortly after.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The Knicks stink. The "zenmaster" is a hilarious GM. He doesn't care at this stage in his career. Add in to the fact that Dolan is a cheapskate who doesn't care its hilarious he's taking his money though.

Not sure who would want to take that job. I wouldn't. As long as Carmelo is there you won't win. Its not like big names die to play there or anything.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm actually a bit surprised Phil pulled the plug on his boy this quickly but most of the stuff said/written about him as a HC suggests he wasn't doing a very good job.

Apparently Luke Walton and Brian Shaw are the top two candidates. Two more former players who will probably be asked to force the triangle on the Knicks, whether they like it or not.

Walton just signed with a big time agency and will likely have two of the biggest franchises (Lakers and Knicks) bidding for him this offseason. That's amazing. At least he has some experience though. He has spent some time coaching in college, the d-league, and now as an assistant in the NBA.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
The Worm is throwing his hat in the ring :laugh:

Dennis RodmanVerified account
‏@dennisrodman
Hey @PhilJackson11 @nyknicks, I have a pretty decent resume on the court and I can coach; and I'm available. Call me. @nba

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Derek Fisher never really struck me as HC material. TBH I still feel like he should be suiting up for some contender.

Rambis? Didn't his players in Minnesota hate him?

darko

Feb 16, 2009
The Knicks stink. The "zenmaster" is a hilarious GM. He doesn't care at this stage in his career. Add in to the fact that Dolan is a cheapskate who doesn't care its hilarious he's taking his money though.

Not sure who would want to take that job. I wouldn't. As long as Carmelo is there you won't win. Its not like big names die to play there or anything.

Dolan may be lots of things but he's not a cheapskate.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Dolan may be lots of things but he's not a cheapskate.

I mean though outside of Anthony who is the last big name? They don't sign huge free agents and technically they got Anthony in a trade first.

Still don't get those people who were all like "Phil was a great coach...this was a great hire by the Knicks" based on what? He wasn't working in the front office. Take out Jordan and Kobe/Shaq he doesn't have 10 titles. He would be lucky to have half that.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I mean though outside of Anthony who is the last big name? They don't sign huge free agents and technically they got Anthony in a trade first.

Still don't get those people who were all like "Phil was a great coach...this was a great hire by the Knicks" based on what? He wasn't working in the front office. Take out Jordan and Kobe/Shaq he doesn't have 10 titles. He would be lucky to have half that.

Who in their right mind would want to sign with them? They chased DeAndre Jordan last summer but never really had a shot. They chased Bron when he went to Miami. They'll chase Durant or Westbrook.

NY Rangers have no trouble attracting free agents and have consistently made big splashes in free agency.

But then again you despise all NY.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Who in their right mind would want to sign with them? They chased DeAndre Jordan last summer but never really had a shot. They chased Bron when he went to Miami. They'll chase Durant or Westbrook.

NY Rangers have no trouble attracting free agents and have consistently made big splashes in free agency.

But then again you despise all NY.

Not a hockey guy but it hasn't helped NY rangers. They haven't won a championship. I'll sometimes watch the postseason though especially if its a rivalry. Last year they were outplayed by Washington. They lost to Tampa bay eventually. The year before they did go on a lucky run to the finals but since 1994 its not like they've really come all that close to 2 years ago. They say the run 2 years ago was because they had one of the best goaltenders. So with having a top notch goalie they still can't win it all. It appears spending hasn't done too much for that franchise the last 15 years. I would say though that it doesn't matter as much as it would in basketball because in basketball you need the top notch talent to actually have a chance. In the other sports it means very little. You can assemble a stud roster and the chemistry or lack their of could total make it a flop.

I don't know all hockey names but what's a big free agent? The NY channel I get stuck watching has noted their 2 latest free agent signings the last few years being some Richards and Nash guy(especially the Nash guy)as weak playoff performers.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Not a hockey guy but it hasn't helped NY rangers. They haven't won a championship. I'll sometimes watch the postseason though especially if its a rivalry. Last year they were outplayed by Washington. They lost to Tampa bay eventually. The year before they did go on a lucky run to the finals but since 1994 its not like they've really come all that close to 2 years ago. They say the run 2 years ago was because they had one of the best goaltenders. So with having a top notch goalie they still can't win it all. It appears spending hasn't done too much for that franchise the last 15 years. I would say though that it doesn't matter as much as it would in basketball because in basketball you need the top notch talent to actually have a chance. In the other sports it means very little. You can assemble a stud roster and the chemistry or lack their of could total make it a flop.

I don't know all hockey names but what's a big free agent? The NY channel I get stuck watching has noted their 2 latest free agent signings the last few years being some Richards and Nash guy(especially the Nash guy)as weak playoff performers.

A team not winning doesn't mean the owner is cheap. Nash came via a trade. Richards was a big free agent signing. Before that there Drury, Redden and bunch more. Dolan has continuesly pumped money into the team. Rangers are always hard up against the cap.

And Rangers run to Finals 2 years ago wasn't lucky. Unless you trying to troll me lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad