NBA Knicks fire David Fizdale

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
And in typical Knicks fashion they fire the guy after letting him run practice and address the media. Oh Knicks - never change. :laugh:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

As far as I know they are currently paying millions to P-Jax, Derek Fisher, Jeff Hornacek and now Fizdale all to not work for them.

Would not be shocked if Steve Mills gets fired after the season so we may add that one to list.

Dolan is such a garbage owner. Team has the worst winning % in the last 20 years, has made the playoffs like 5 or 6 times during that span and we now have players in the league who weren’t even alive when they last made the finals.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Either one. But the NBA has been waiting for the return of the triangle offense.
maybe it'll return in the form of brian shaw

but if you think 74 year old phil jackson is going to come out of retirement and coach the knicks then lol

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
It's insane how much of a dumpster fire the Knicks are. Fizdale never really had a chance with this group.

Fizdale is the real winner here, he gets to spend more time with his attractive wife and no more time with James Dolan, who will still be paying him for at least the next 3 years. And while I'm not sure he's getting another HC job, surely some team out there will be interested to offer an assistant role to him.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The Knicks of the past 20 years are so bad, I remember when it was must see NBA TV when the Knicks were playing the Bulls and Pacers.

When's the last time you were intrigued to see the Knicks on TV? They are the Washington Redskins of the NBA...incompetent owner and it all trickles down after.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
The Knicks of the past 20 years are so bad, I remember when it was must see NBA TV when the Knicks were playing the Bulls and Pacers.

When's the last time you were intrigued to see the Knicks on TV? They are the Washington Redskins of the NBA...incompetent owner and it all trickles down after.

They had that 54-win team in 2013 when Knicks fans thought they could challenge the Heat.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Not since that 1999 team. Even that one team with Carmelo wasn't that intriguing because everyone knew they stood no chance against LeBron if they had gotten that far.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
maybe it'll return in the form of brian shaw

but if you think 74 year old phil jackson is going to come out of retirement and coach the knicks then lol

they’re still paying him not to run the team anyways lol

It's insane how much of a dumpster fire the Knicks are. Fizdale never really had a chance with this group.

Fizdale is the real winner here, he gets to spend more time with his attractive wife and no more time with James Dolan, who will still be paying him for at least the next 3 years. And while I'm not sure he's getting another HC job, surely some team out there will be interested to offer an assistant role to him.

Read today Fiz will be getting $17 million so yea not too bad. He was doomed from the start but at least he got a nice chunk of change for his troubles.

They had that 54-win team in 2013 when Knicks fans thought they could challenge the Heat.

loved seeing #KnicksTape everywhere and the Melo 4 MVP calls

Reactions: HisIceness

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I was pretty high on Fizdale a few years back when he was leaving Miami because of how highly everyone spoke of him and his role on the LeBron teams. He then went to Memphis and I thought he did some good things there with an aging roster but there were also some issues towards the end. Then he goes to New York and it's just a complete disaster. He's certainly not to blame for this Knicks mess as I don't think any coach can succeed there but he also didn't help with some of his decisions and the way he used certain young players. Basically, I have no idea if he's a good HC or not. Still, good for him for getting out of the no-win situation and still getting paid for the next few years.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He sells the Knicks, but turns around and then kicks them out of the Garden, lol.

Man I could 150% see him doing this. That’s how much of an arse he is.

I was pretty high on Fizdale a few years back when he was leaving Miami because of how highly everyone spoke of him and his role on the LeBron teams. He then went to Memphis and I thought he did some good things there with an aging roster but there were also some issues towards the end. Then he goes to New York and it's just a complete disaster. He's certainly not to blame for this Knicks mess as I don't think any coach can succeed there but he also didn't help with some of his decisions and the way he used certain young players. Basically, I have no idea if he's a good HC or not. Still, good for him for getting out of the no-win situation and still getting paid for the next few years.

didn’t help that they signed 4 power forwards and told him to figure it out. The roster construction was God awful

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad