Klingberg vs Heiskanen

If today you had to choose one of these guys for the next 12 years, the other never existed, who u t

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Didn’t get my vote in on time but it would be Klingberg. Also 12 seasons is a long time. Of course I hope Heiskanen can become close to a guy like Lidstrom whom I’ve heard him possibly being able to mirror.

At the moment we know who Klingberg is, awesome. Guys like Daigle, Stefan, etc looked so good but they didn’t perform well in the NHL.

I don’t doubt at all that Heiskanen will be a full time NHLer but at the time I know Klingberg is.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Klingberg and I can't believe how close this poll is. Proven top dman in the NHL vs a top prospect. Only a prospect of Dahlin's caliber should be considered over Klingberg at this time.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Yeah, when you think about how long we have been trying to build/rebuild a D corps after Zubie retired in what 2009? 9 years? Seems like in 2018, a decade later, it is finally coming to fruition. Would be interesting to see how fast some other teams have done that for comparison.

Some Niewy luck in the draft for Klingberg
A solid second round pick in Lindell (Niewy again, last draft)
A solid first round pick in Honka, poorly developed, especially by Hitch, but now set free!
A shrewd trade for Johns by Nill
Some lottery luck (finally) for Miro.
Decent TDL pick up of Bayreuther and some other promising young D drafted.

With a year (or two together) will this be regarded as one of the top 2, 5, or 10 D units in the league? Any level of success would be appreciated by Stars fans. And yes, one injury could deplete them, and each of them could have a bad year and put them back mid pack. It did look like they were chasing a bit in learning Monty's new system last night.

And yes, only two preseason games, but I am encouraged. Rather have some youngsters make mistakes while getting better than oldsters make mistakes while getting older.

The PRO

Oct 2, 2007
Well, the season has almost played. I think it is easy to say that Heiskanen will be more important player for Stars in next years.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
I'd trade Klingberg for a more well rounded player, who should still be a star, top 6 F/top 3 D

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I'd trade Klingberg for a more well rounded player, who should still be a star, top 6 F/top 3 D
Why on earth would you want to do that? On that contract, you'll never get fair value for him and then we're down a top pairing d-man without any possible replacement.
Unless your signing Karlsson in the offseason (and Cha-ching) and then trading Klingberg to fix the forwards, that doesn't make any sense

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
If we could sign Karlsson and move Klingberg for a guy like Couturier, I do that every day of the week.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
What’s Karlsson’s contract going to look like?

Not signing Karlsson for 10+ Million a year for max years. Don't care how good he is that contract will look terrible in a few years.

So you're telling me you wouldn't upgrade on Klingberg and get a long-term #2 center just because of the potential cap ramifications down the line?

yikes

Ragernschnapple

Feb 24, 2017
So you're telling me you wouldn't upgrade on Klingberg and get a long-term #2 center just because of the potential cap ramifications down the line?

yikes
I’m just not real high on a 7 year, 10+ mil deal for a 29 year old who may have injury concerns. Torn tendons in foot, then groin. Just the beginning? Also, how long until his play starts to decline?

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Anyone else feel like Lindell could be added to this poll? He's our best D at defending and hes not to shabby offensively

Offensively I'd rank them
Klingberg
Heiskanen
Lindell

Defensively
Lindell
Heiskanen
Klingberg

Soon enough though Heiskanen could be tops in both

Reactions: Brass Bonanza

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Anyone else feel like Lindell could be added to this poll? He's our best D at defending and hes not to shabby offensively

Offensively I'd rank them
Klingberg
Heiskanen
Lindell

Defensively
Lindell
Heiskanen
Klingberg

Soon enough though Heiskanen could be tops in both

Not sure anyone would choose Lindell for the next 12 years over Heiskanen and Klingberg tho

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad