Klefbom or Severson (keeper league)

SunsHC

Sep 29, 2017
Debating on which one I should protect.

Both will likely play on the first pair of defense of their respective team this season. Our league counts points, penalty minutes and some advanced stats (hits, blocked shots, takeaway and pk minutes).

I feel Klefbom has a higher ceiling than Severson, being in Edmonton with the team they have, plus being their number one defenseman right now. However he only had one good season in our league (2016-17), is injury prone and the fact that he doesn't take much penalty, makes it a player that needs to score points to stand out in our ranking.

Severson is also well positioned in New Jersey system, close to Butcher, and is a more versatile defenseman (makes goals and more penalties) . But I feel he might be no more than a 30-35 pts defenseman in his career, although some reporters says he will have his breakout season this year. He's also a year younger than Klefbom

Thanks for your inputs.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Severson should have been showing more at this stage of his development than he has, offensively wise. I do not expect him to be more than a 30-35 point guy. Add to that, Butcher and Vatanen are taking most of the PP time there, I don't like it. In contrast, Klefbom has PP1 duty, not because he's that much better than Severson, but because Oilers simply don't have anyone better at the moment. Klefbom now, and for the next couple of years.

Reactions: belair

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
As an Oiler fan, I think Klefbom's days on the PP are numbered.

He will be passed up by Bear and or Bouchard this year or the next. I'm expecting his numbers to go down. He might put up decent numbers this year, but Bouchards offensive skills are clearly a tier above.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
In a keeper league Klefbom is worth a defensive roster spot. Even in deeper leagues I'd be hard pressed to find a slot for Severson. As mentioned by @KaraLupin he just doesn't bring enough to the table statistically. Klefbom will be relied upon as one of Edmonton's top two defensemen in all situations for the foreseeable future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->