Value of: Klefbom or Nurse + Lucic to Boston

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Retaining 2.5 mil on Lucic is completely pointless. Nurse is too big a piece to give up with that amount of retention.

Would you pay him that money to play 3rd line heck maybe even forth line in Boston..

Lucic tho he had great moments in Boston is a non starter without retaining maybe if Backes went back to EDM but still Looch has a longer contract.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Would you pay him that money to play 3rd line heck maybe even forth line in Boston..

Lucic tho he had great moments in Boston is a non starter without retaining maybe if Backes went back to EDM but still Looch has a longer contract.

I would rather pay Lucic to sit on the bench and hand out water bottles for the next few years than sell low on Nurse. Lucic is going to be a third - heck - fourth liner here until he pulls his oversized head out of his ass and plays hockey like he’s capable of doing.

If Backes was coming back all retention would be off the table and the discussion would need to include DeBrusk. I honestly think people underestimate the degree Nurse came into his own last season.

Reactions: CarlWising

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
I would rather pay Lucic to sit on the bench and hand out water bottles for the next few years than sell low on Nurse. Lucic is going to be a third - heck - fourth liner here until he pulls his oversized head out of his ass and plays hockey like he’s capable of doing.

If Backes was coming back all retention would be off the table and the discussion would need to include DeBrusk. I honestly think people underestimate the degree Nurse came into his own last season.
I highly doubt they move DeBrusk but I understand you asking.

As it sits we already have 4LD Nhl ready so something has to give that’s why Krug was offered for the stay at home/all around Nurse then they’d maybe hold Griz for after Zee retirement

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I highly doubt they move DeBrusk but I understand you asking.

As it sits we already have 4LD Nhl ready so something has to give that’s why Krug was offered for the stay at home/all around Nurse then they’d maybe hold Griz for after Zee retirement

I like Krug but not enough to give up Nurse. I think he’s just scratching the surface and is better all around than Krug is.

Prince N

Nov 18, 2014
Not even in NHL18.

Zaitsev might be as big a cap dump as Lucic right away here. The guy is brutal. Leivo has zero value and is just waiver fodder.

Toronto absolutely does not have the disposable pieces to land Nurse, because no one is going to give up a good young defenceman for the disposable parts Leaf fans continually try to foist off on the rest of this board.

I see it differently.. Lucic 5yr x 6mil 30 y/o..Zaitsev 6yr x 4.5mil 26 y/o..1 for 1 edm ada.a.2nd rounder...then for Nurse.. Leivo and the 2 2nds
Luc is done bro..Zaitsev still a serviceable dman

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
I like Krug but not enough to give up Nurse. I think he’s just scratching the surface and is better all around than Krug is.

Just curious on how you came to that conclusion?

Krug is the PPQB that the Oilers desperately need.

While Nurse has made strides in his game, Krug has been the much better Dman in whatever year you want to compare.

I know PPG isn't what a Dman should be judged on, but in this case it's valid due to your needs on the PP.

0.25 < 0.60

I'd assume if you could get Krug for Nurse 1:1 Chia would jump at it.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
I don't think all GM's make decisions based on statistics and facts, a trade "could" happen. Lucic contract most likely just an gigantic anchor to any team, but blaming him alone for EDM diving is too much. Their offense is decent and what they really lack is defense.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Just curious on how you came to that conclusion?

Krug is the PPQB that the Oilers desperately need.

While Nurse has made strides in his game, Krug has been the much better Dman in whatever year you want to compare.

I know PPG isn't what a Dman should be judged on, but in this case it's valid due to your needs on the PP.

0.25 < 0.60

I'd assume if you could get Krug for Nurse 1:1 Chia would jump at it.
The Oilers have their ppqb. His name is McDavid. What they need is a rhd who can be a threat from the point on the pp to open things up. they have two of those in the system in Bouchard and Bear. Nurse's ES value is very important for the Oilers.

John Bruins

Jul 3, 2018
Bangor, Maine

Yeah underestimate Nurse, 6 goals 20 assists while Tory Krug is Boston's Power Play Quarterback with 14 goals and 45 assists. Besides Boston LD is pretty much set with Chara, Krug, Moore, Grzelcyk. Jake DeBrusk is a nonstarter, he also up impressive numbers last season in his rookie season, he still has 2 years left on his entry Level contract, we are not going to give up Jack DeBrusk for a Defensemen that we don't need. Before you ask about Danton Heinen he's in the lead for 3 Centerman.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I don’t think Boston has any interest in klefbom for Krug after signing John Moore. They may have at one time thought about that move but not anymore. Nurse would make sense but Carlo would go the other way. Maybe carlo + donato would be enough for nurse

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
So if indeed it's what Oilers need. Go get a rhd to complement the PP. You have Matt Bennings in the system, use him.

Maybe the only problem Edmonton has is bad coaching. Get a coach that can bring out the best in a player then maybe we would not be talking about bad PP or contracts. But to assume Boston would give away there valuable players for nothing is wrong. This is y none of these proposals will ever happen.

The Oilers have their ppqb. His name is McDavid. What they need is a rhd who can be a threat from the point on the pp to open things up. they have two of those in the system in Bouchard and Bear. Nurse's ES value is very important for the Oilers.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I don’t think Boston has any interest in klefbom for Krug after signing John Moore. They may have at one time thought about that move but not anymore. Nurse would make sense but Carlo would go the other way. Maybe carlo + donato would be enough for nurse

If that's the price for Nurse, then Boston would be better off just sending Nurse and offer-sheet for 6M, and see if he accepts. @Gonzothe7thDman brought this up in the Bruins forum a few days ago... Isn't the compensation a 1st and 3rd? That'd be better than trading this package.

How does this deal make sense for Boston? You essentially create more of a log-jam at the LHD and weaken the RHD.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
No need to include Lucic in any of these proposals. Marchand DeBrusk Donato Heinen, Bruins are set at LW & all capable of putting up better numbers than Lucic at a fraction of the cost.

No match here. Bruins have a future need for left side D, but it would need to be a dman who will be capable of taking over Chara’s spot as top line LD. Nurse not at that level.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
No need to include Lucic in any of these proposals. Marchand DeBrusk Donato Heinen, Bruins are set at LW & all capable of putting up better numbers than Lucic at a fraction of the cost.

I agree with this 100%.

No match here. Bruins have a future need for left side D, but it would need to be a dman who will be capable of taking over Chara’s spot as top line LD. Nurse not at that level.

I don't agree with this. Nurse definitely has potential to take over for Chara's top pairing spot. He wouldn't have to do it until Chara retires. That's not happening this season. We're also not looking for a #1 defenseman anymore, since I'd say McAvoy fills that profile. So we're just looking for a that young defnseman who could be a top pairing compliment to Charlie, and this guy hits every point. He's young enough but has experience. He's good defensively, he's phsyical, can skate, has + size. A top pairing of Nurse-McAvoy for the forseeable future would be absolutely gorgeous. He's only 23 years old (turns 24 in February) and will just be hitting the 200+ NHL game mark this season. He seems to have taken an excellent step in development over the last season.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Not even in NHL18.

Zaitsev might be as big a cap dump as Lucic right away here. The guy is brutal. Leivo has zero value and is just waiver fodder.

Toronto absolutely does not have the disposable pieces to land Nurse, because no one is going to give up a good young defenceman for the disposable parts Leaf fans continually try to foist off on the rest of this board.
Yeah Zaitsev isn't in the same realm as Lucic. He's 1.5 mil cheaper and 4 years younger.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
If that's the price for Nurse, then Boston would be better off just sending Nurse and offer-sheet for 6M, and see if he accepts. @Gonzothe7thDman brought this up in the Bruins forum a few days ago... Isn't the compensation a 1st and 3rd? That'd be better than trading this package.

How does this deal make sense for Boston? You essentially create more of a log-jam at the LHD and weaken the RHD.

Edmonton would just match that

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
That’s cute.
Lucic contract is much worse.

Not that either player is particularly good but
1) Lucic is 3 years younger
2) Signed for just one extra season
3) Have the same caphit
4) Is somehow better than Eriksson (Lucic scored one goal in the last 42 games his worst season ever and he still had similar points to Eriksson who would be had 38 vs Lucics 34 prorated)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah underestimate Nurse, 6 goals 20 assists while Tory Krug is Boston's Power Play Quarterback with 14 goals and 45 assists. Besides Boston LD is pretty much set with Chara, Krug, Moore, Grzelcyk. Jake DeBrusk is a nonstarter, he also up impressive numbers last season in his rookie season, he still has 2 years left on his entry Level contract, we are not going to give up Jack DeBrusk for a Defensemen that we don't need. Before you ask about Danton Heinen he's in the lead for 3 Centerman.

Nurse is an absolute tank at evens. Krug puts up points, but pretty much everything else I would give the advantage to Nurse. I would not deal Nurse for him 1 for 1 or with minor adds on your side.

Heinen is not of interest as a starting point for Nurse.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

I personally would laugh if we turned around and dealt Nurse to Toronto - call it the reverse Hamilton and call it a day.

6M wouldn’t put enough pressure on us, we have 5 mil in cap space right now. Deal Montoya for a 7th rounder or deal Kassian for a cheaper 4th liner and we’d be fine. You’d have to aim for 7.5 or more to really put the squeeze on us and I’m not sure you’re orepared for that level of compensation.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad