Recalled/Assigned: Klefbom back down/Arcobello back up. The Ol' switcharoo

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Don't mind it.

Remember they awarded Linus with a game.

I'm sure Oscar will be sent down after tomorrow....give him 2 games and see what the kid is made out of....

I mean, the season is lost...might as well see what we got in the kid right?

Sloth Slothersons*

2dHNVgS.gif

Bold

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Only thing that makes sense for Klefbom to come up is for showcase.

Zero sense to send Arco down, especially when Acton is up still

Why would they need to showcase Klefbom?

He has more value as an unknown quantity than he does as a drowning rookie on a terrible NHL squad.

chris11inter

Jul 18, 2007
Why would it be sarcasm?

This is the Oilers management group we're talking about. It's not a farfetched trade for this group.

Klefbom for Del Zotto is a terrible trade. We know what we're getting with Del Zotto and it is the EXACT opposite of what this team needs.

So, no, it's not sarcasm.

Your honestly going to tell me that you wouldn't trade Klefobom for Del Zotto? Where Del Zotto isn't what we need, we at least know what were getting. AN NHL Caliber defensemen who plays on the PP and can log 20 minutes. For a guy that is currently struggling in the AHL and a history of injuries.

Propose that trade on the trade board and see what comes out of it. haha

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Well this doesn't make much sense, save for being able to see Klefbom up here.

My only thought could be that they don't want Arco playing limited minutes on the 4th line, they've rather he play alot in OKC, Acton is Acton, if he plays 2 or 10 minutes it really doesn't affect him. So they may want to play a more traditional (meat and the hitting) on the 4th line, but who knows.

I do think we'll see Arco back sooner then later

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Arco's a decent player and a good guy, but come on guys, he isn't where where they win or lose. is it fair? no. is it going to sink them? too late. it's showcase time and get ready for next year. could Klefbom be part of this Weber deal?

There is no Weber deal. Get it out of your head. May as well discuss the impending Crosby move.

The issue is sending down Arco over Acton. One has looked like an NHL player, one hasn't. The wrong one got sent down.

McSaviour

Mar 6, 2013
Edmonton
I'm pissed if I'm Arco, best two-way game on the team by far and gets sent down, hopefully we see him traded because this is not fair for what he's done, he deserves more than this gongshow

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Don't you guys another waiver exempt forward? Seems to me like a slap in a face to guy that has been playing well.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
McKenzie thought it was paperwork cause a D was hurt and Klefbom was coming up on emergency.

He is already incorrect. Klefbom is not joining the team tonight, will join them against Calgary tomorrow.

Also, Acton is waiver exempt. Just because he has his own place in Edmonton now, doesn't mean you don't send him down. If it was just paperwork, they'd have no problem with sending him down.

UncleRJ

Sep 26, 2007
Likely just living within the 23 man limit and needed another defenceman because JS is injured.

3 goalies
7 defencemen now with Klef
13 forwards now without Arco

Klef adds some insurance because we have forwards close to coming back but only six healthy defencemen. Wonder if Arco actually even gets on the plane to OKC.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Your honestly going to tell me that you wouldn't trade Klefobom for Del Zotto? Where Del Zotto isn't what we need, we at least know what were getting. AN NHL Caliber defensemen who plays on the PP and can log 20 minutes. For a guy that is currently struggling in the AHL and a history of injuries.

Propose that trade on the trade board and see what comes out of it. haha

I wouldn't do that deal either. 12 games is way too early to write off a promising D prospect.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Sigh

This is all sorts of messed up.

Arco is in Calder race. Has been mentioned time and time again as one of the few bright spots on the Oilers.

Hell, he has been a solid fantasy forwards. Great hits, good offense, face offs... WTF more do want from the guy!!!!!!

Instead of Gagner or ??? being benched as he should be they toss one of the very few solid forwards back down to the minors.

Klefbom who is doing terrible in the AHL gets a call up.

Things have just gone plaid people.

Sloth Slothersons*

Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 3m
--> RT @EdmontonJack Klefbom won't make it to Edmonton in time for the game tonight. He will join the club in Calgary tomorrow.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
wonder if he's just using it as an evaluation now.

if he is going to be moving pieces, maybe it's actually just a showcase for Mac T - how far away, realistically, is Klefbom from playing a regular role?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
wonder if he's just using it as an evaluation now.

if he is going to be moving pieces, maybe it's actually just a showcase for Mac T - how far away, realistically, is Klefbom from playing a regular role?

Might be a good idea, if there could be a deal on the table....not that that is likely.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Maybe Nick Schultz is being traded to Calgary in exchange for a twelve pack of Apple Fritters.

Tough package for Feaster to part with though.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Arco's a decent player and a good guy, but come on guys, he isn't where where they win or lose. is it fair? no. is it going to sink them? too late. it's showcase time and get ready for next year. could Klefbom be part of this Weber deal?

Of course it isn't going to be a deal maker or breaker... But it sends an absolute ********* message to every player in the organization. Ever going to build a winning attitude? Hard to imagine with moves like this one.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
@TSNBobMcKenzie
Well, now, back to the drawing board.

Even Bob is confused.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Likely just living within the 23 man limit and needed another defenceman because JS is injured.

3 goalies
7 defencemen now with Klef
13 forwards now without Arco

Klef adds some insurance because we have forwards close to coming back but only six healthy defencemen. Wonder if Arco actually even gets on the plane to OKC.

Same thing could have been accomplished with Acton, but his Dad is on the bench.:shakehead

ponokanocker

Nov 17, 2009
Arco broke the curse of not being able to score while bringing a better 2 way game than Gagner, Hall, or Eberle, and he is the one being sent down. I don't get it unless this is definite tank mode, which I'm fine with, but I doubt it sends the right message to the players.

Oilwings

Jan 23, 2006
604 Area
I was going to post the same thing over at snet forums but the forums there got shut down. Anyways, Oilers management blows big time. Arco did not do bad on the dot. Don't think Klef is ready for the NHL.

oilersfan87

Jan 18, 2009
Just when I thought this organization couldn't manage the team any stupider. Arcobello was not only the hardest working forward on the team but was also second in rookie scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad