Klefbom and Jokinen

Beebop22

May 4, 2017
Being from the Prairies of Canada I get to watch almost every Flames, Jets or Oilers game on cable.
I've noticed two strange things with the Oilers.
1. Klefbom seems to have something wrong with his arm or wrist. He has completely fanned on two easy slap shots. He also can't seem to hit the net and also seems to have lost some velocity on his shot.
2. Jokinen has the weakest shot I have ever seen from an NHL player. Everytime he gets the puck in a shooting position I brace myself to start laughing.
So what I'm asking is: Is there something wrong with Klefbom and has Jokinen's shot always been so powerless?

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Regarding Jokinen, he's never been known for his shot. With the Panthers, he was a player who primarily looked to pass first. Before that, offensively, he was known for his talent in the shoot out, but goalies caught on to his two go-to-moves. I hope the Oilers didn't acquire him hoping he'd provide goal scoring.

Beebop22

May 4, 2017
Regarding Jokinen, he's never been known for his shot. With the Panthers, he was a player who primarily looked to pass first. Before that, offensively, he was known for his talent in the shoot out, but goalies caught on to his two go-to-moves. I hope the Oilers didn't acquire him hoping he'd provide goal scoring.
I don't think they acquired him for goal scoring. I just find it odd that his shot is so weak. He shoots as hard as most Bantam aged hockey players.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
I don't think they acquired him for goal scoring. I just find it odd that his shot is so weak. He shoots as hard as most Bantam aged hockey players.

He does have a weak shot, but I think you're exaggerating a tad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad