KK not available to start training camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
How do you explain Khudobin, who has been employed by the same team for 2 years, genius?
I can’t. I assume he screwed up big time too. At least he didn’t finish playing hockey until almost October 1st, and didn’t re-sign til mid October.

Also, not nearly as big of an issue since he’s a goalie and signed with the same team.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
For what it's worth I love KK and was hyped to acquire him. I read in another thread that Granlund is having immigration issues which has me finding myself more understanding for KK after reading that

It's cool man. Pittsburgh just has this identity to overreact to everything. Go see me on Bonino Summer

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Remember when Iginla took like a week to get a Visa after he was traded here? Shouldn't have made the HOF with how bad he screwed that up.
Poor comparison. KK was traded here 4 months ago.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Death, taxes, and Pens x overreacting ten-fold to things. Life's great certainties.
I think the Marino extension and Murray trade were solid. Sorry I can’t compliment overpaying for KK and signing fringe NHL players. When the Pens make a move that I think is beneficial, I will be the first one to complement the team. But the smart moves have been few and far between as of late.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
This things are managed by the team that request the visa and then books the flight for the player. Maybe Kapanen had some issues that prevented him to come here earlier (the season start is official only since a couple of weeks), or maybe it's just how it works now for coming to the USA from Finland.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
A typical Pens X comment:

81861619.jpg

The average reaction to the average Pens X comment:

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I'm about 0% concerned that Kap wasn't at day 1 of camp. I'm not even concerned if he misses camp entirely. Sid will decide within 5 minutes of their first practice together whether or not Kap will be the 1RW or we'll continue our tradition of the revolving door on that line.

I still think Kap's best spot is 3RW, and a McCann-TB-Kapanen 3rd line would be fantastic. But we don't have anyone to put in the top-6--unless we're comfortable allowing Tanev to be the puck retriever for Jake-Geno on the 2nd line and we run with Zucker-Rust as Sid's wingers. If Kap's going to be a top-6 guy, it'll have to be with Geno, imo. I just don't see him working with Sid, who is notoriously rigid in his style and doesn't really change to accommodate new linemates. Geno's much more pliable in that regard. But even then, you've got Rust with Sid, which I'm not really a fan of either.

Last edited:

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Rossi has an article ostensibly about Day 1 of camp that discusses this issue at length. It unfortunately contains pretty much zero pertinent details, but it does subtly attempt to blame Kapanen for missing camp. Weird choice to try to run a player out of town before he ever plays a game for the team, but okay.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
"A U.S. employer, U.S. agent, or foreign employer through a U.S. agent should file (see Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker) on your behalf, along with the required evidence according to the form instructions. Your employer or agent cannot file the petition more than one year before they actually need your services. To avoid delays, your employer or agent should file your Form I-129 at least 45 days before the date of employment."
- O-1 Visa: Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement

Dec 20th, 2020: NHL Announces 2020-21 Season Details

It's been 16 days since the NHL/NHLPA agreed to a season start.

"KaPaNeN f***eD uP"

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Rossi has an article ostensibly about Day 1 of camp that discusses this issue at length. It unfortunately contains pretty much zero pertinent details, but it does subtly attempt to blame Kapanen for missing camp. Weird choice to try to run a player out of town before he ever plays a game for the team, but okay.

Rob Rossi can go suck farts from a elephant's pooper for all I care.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

heysmilinstrange

Nov 10, 2016
Maybe it is Kapanen’s fault, who gives a shit? Maybe he forgot some paperwork, big deal. We’ve all done it.

"No, it's his fault and he'll ruin the season and every other line on the team because if he doesn't start building chemistry with Crosby right now this very second, who will be the Dupuis in the Guentzel (Kunitz)-Crosby line???????" --Rob Rossi, basically literally

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Maybe it is Kapanen’s fault, who gives a shit? Maybe he forgot some paperwork, big deal. We’ve all done it.
I hope it comes out that it wasn’t his fault. It’s just a bad look for a new player to miss our only 7 practices before the start of the season.

Either way, I’m happy camp started.

Please lord let Poulin play great this year.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I hope it comes out that it was Kapanen's fault. I'm already grinning imagining a pro athlete sitting there, trying to figure out how to properly fill out visa forms and skimming through stuff online. January 1st rolls around and he sits bolt-upright in bed "Oh f***, my visa. I forgot!" like some kind of 80s movie.

Yeah, it's definitely his fault. Not anyone involved with his agency or anything. :laugh:

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
So is KK still physically in Finland? I wonder if they could get him in Pittsburgh classified as a tourist or something like that, start the quarantine clock, and then bring him in as soon as his work papers clear. Maybe that is against the law. I admit I am not an expert on immigration law.

As I mentioned earlier, that's not allowed. Someone on a tourist visa has to physically leave the US and file for a work visa while outside the country. They are not allowed to be in the US while applying for a work visa. My understanding is that if they attempted to come to the US while the visa application was being processed, it would result in the visa application being denied, and the applicant getting deported for violating immigration laws. (That said, I am not a lawyer, nor am I a foreign national, so I'm mostly going off of what I've learned second-hand from co-workers who have had to go through work visa processes over the years; I'm probably wrong on various details, but the overall gist should be close enough for this purpose).

We see this every year when non-US players are traded from a Canadian team to an American one, and that's without a global pandemic causing additional problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad