GDT: Kitty Cats versus Booins Watch Thread

berlin

04, 20, 21, CHAMPS
Jul 14, 2012
Kokomo
All this time off makes me even more nervous for Vassy. Maybe it’s my imagination but he doesn’t seem to do well returning from time off.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Bruins had their most SOG for a single period all season during the 3rd. Reimer had a .943 SV% before leaving injured then Luongo shut the door. Impressive performance by the Cats.
Yeah. They had nothing to play for but pride and they sure as hell played for it. They were under attack huge in that third period and stood tall.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
LoL. You guys acting like we avoided heavy favorites - Nashville or Pens in the 1st round. Toronto and NJD are the same level teams, they are just lucky to make play-off at all.

Last edited:

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
All this time off makes me even more nervous for Vassy. Maybe it’s my imagination but he doesn’t seem to do well returning from time off.
He hasn't been good whether coming off long rest or playing every other day for two months now. But, that's over with. Time to step up. No excuses acceptable.

Reactions: J T Money

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
LoL. you guys acting like we avoided heavy favorites - Nashville or Pens in the 1st round. Toronto and NJD are the same level team, they are just lucky to make play-off at all.
I agree.
Maybe Devils and Leafs have different play style...but if Toronto has Matthews, NJ has Hall and Hischier, two great players.
And they've a goalie who is able to find a pu* on Twitter muahahahahahaha.
Btw, it won't be an easy series but everything will be in our hands. If we'll play well, we'll defeat both NJ and Toronto.
Otherwise we'll go home.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
What I like is that TOR-BOS will probably go 7 games. IF we can get our act together and take care of business, we might get a pretty beat up Toronto or Boston team at home in round 2. Either way, playoff hockey is here and that's almost as good as getting first class airfare tickets to Las Vegas and a gift card to the Chicken Ranch from the wife on your birthday.

Coburn and Condra

May 13, 2016
Iowa
LoL. You guys acting like we avoided heavy favorites - Nashville or Pens in the 1st round. Toronto and NJD are the same level teams, they are just lucky to make play-off at all.

It's not crazy wanting to play the team with a +4 goal diff vs the one with a +45. I tried to talk myself into wanting Toronto because of our successes against them and lack thereof against NJ this season. But I do think the former are a better team, they give Boston more trouble, we avoid a G7 at The Garden, and get to hang a banner at Amalie. It was a good day.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
Thanks Panthers. I will try not to hate you for one night.
I think there should be a rule that if a state has more than one team then neither team may refer to itself as the (whatever state it is) (whatever animal, natural phenomenon, satanic apparition, fairy tale monster, etc.)s.

In short, if more than one team, got to be a city name.

Reactions: Hoek

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think there should be a rule that if a state has more than one team then neither team may refer to itself as the (whatever state it is) (whatever animal, natural phenomenon, satanic apparition, fairy tale monster, etc.)s.
That and you shouldn't be able to name yourself after the entire state when there is already another team in your state. We were first dangit! Should be Miami Whatevers.

Reactions: Matt Watson

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
If we win the Cup this year, we should honestly let the Panthers have the Cup for a day. Take it to the BB&T Center, make an event of it, etc.

Obviously that would never happen that way but holy crap did those guys do us the biggest favors these last few days. We're indebited to them.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
If we win the Cup this year, we should honestly let the Panthers have the Cup for a day. Take it to the BB&T Center, make an event of it, etc.

Obviously that would never happen that way but holy crap did those guys do us the biggest favors these last few days. We're indebited to them.
Well, your heart's certainly in the right place. Maybe sleep on that idea, see if it still feels right in the morning. They came up big for us, for sure, and I'm definitely grateful.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Well, your heart's certainly in the right place. Maybe sleep on that idea, see if it still feels right in the morning. They came up big for us, for sure, and I'm definitely grateful.

I mean, we've never met in a playoff series; for that matter, we've seldom seen the Lightning and Panthers be good at the same time. I get the rivalry but it's going to take a bit more high-stakes matchups to really get me to feel it. There are four teams in this division alone who I loathe a hell of a lot more than Florida.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
As Panthers fan, and maybe because our rivalry isn't awful yet in my perception, I'll root for you to get your second Cup.

But I will say this. We finished crazy strong, ended up with 96 points, tied for highest ever not to make the playoffs. For some reason, no other team helped us by beating NJ or Philly or CBJ when we needed it. Like, why didn't Carolina beat Philly instead of Tampa? We'd be in.

I'm very happy that my team didn't fold the tent before the last game. It sets us up well for next season. Boston, Tampa, anyone - you'll take the Cats lightly at your own peril.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
No one should get the Cup unless they win it.
No one wants the Cup unless they win it. So don't try to make it like the Panthers fans were begging for it. We aren't. It's a nice thought but no thanks.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
No one wants the Cup unless they win it. So don't try to make it like the Panthers fans were begging for it. We aren't. It's a nice thought but no thanks.
It wasn't directed at the Panthers but rather my fellow Lightning fans.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
As Panthers fan, and maybe because our rivalry isn't awful yet in my perception, I'll root for you to get your second Cup.

But I will say this. We finished crazy strong, ended up with 96 points, tied for highest ever not to make the playoffs. For some reason, no other team helped us by beating NJ or Philly or CBJ when we needed it. Like, why didn't Carolina beat Philly instead of Tampa? We'd be in.

I'm very happy that my team didn't fold the tent before the last game. It sets us up well for next season. Boston, Tampa, anyone - you'll take the Cats lightly at your own peril.
That was essentially our season last year. Turned it on a few games too late. Your guys'll be plenty motivated next year. Thanks again, and good luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->