Pre-Game Talk: Kittens @ Leafs Wednesday March 28th 7:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Panthers have everything to play for and have been acting like it. If the Leafs take the foot off the pedal slightly, they will get mauled tomorrow. Quite worried about this one.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I’d love to win but I haven’t forgotten the Devils f***ing it up for the Leafs in 2006.

If Florida wins, I won’t be disappointed.

Reactions: NiftyMits

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Don't want komarov in the lineup. Want him komagone. Our 4th line besides plek has been spectacular.

NiftyMits

Mar 24, 2018
Panthers have everything to play for and have been acting like it. If the Leafs take the foot off the pedal slightly, they will get mauled tomorrow. Quite worried about this one.
Same here. For some reason this matchup makes me feel uneasy. I know it is highly unlikely but there IS still the possibility they can catch up and we get the wild card.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
Hoping we get the W tomorrow and help out Jersey. Playoff hockey has no business in Florida. What a waste.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Same here. For some reason this matchup makes me feel uneasy. I know it is highly unlikely but there IS still the possibility they can catch up and we get the wild card.

Wouldn’t that be an easier matchup? I’m not hoping for it but it’s hardly the end of the world.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Wouldn’t that be an easier matchup? I’m not hoping for it but it’s hardly the end of the world.

Choking away the 3rd seed like that wouldn't be a good thing going into the playoffs. Imagine blowing a 10 point lead with less than 10 games remaining. It's not good no matter how you want to spin it. It's not going to be an easier matchup if you're going into the playoffs ice cold.

Reactions: NiftyMits

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Play a good game. Otherwise a team as desperate as Florida will run us over. Not worried about how that impacts the playoff matchups. But want to go into the key games playing well.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Does beating Florida in regulation clinch a berth or can they still get a tiebreaker?

With NJ wining tonight, no chance for a clinch tomorrow.

New Jersey has nothing to do with it, they're not in our division. Wild card doesn't matter.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
lets see if egocock has the balls to bench black hole brown. Surely he can't mess with that 4th line.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Does beating Florida in regulation clinch a berth or can they still get a tiebreaker?

New Jersey has nothing to do with it, they're not in our division. Wild card doesn't matter.
Florida can still get the ROW tiebreaker if they win out

this isn't quite true, since we would have clinched a playoff spot if the Devils had lost and we win

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Florida can still get the ROW tiebreaker if they win out

this isn't quite true, since we would have clinched a playoff spot if the Devils had lost and we win

I'm aware of that. But I assume we're more interested in nailing down the divisional spot, not the wild card. Although I supposed a clinch is a clinch if one is only concerned about the 'X'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->