Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Mario Lemieux and his team mate sat behind us at the Mem Cup. Didn't do much in that tourney if my old memory is correct but what player he was in the NHL.
He was very quiet but on occasion would wind up behind his net and go end to end. You could see what everyone was screaming about when it came to him BUT young Mario sometimes had “focus” issues!!

Reactions: bobber

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Hey Tim Wallach. Really enjoyed your OHL Podcast all season. I particularly liked your take on officiating in the last one. Too often blaming officiating for the outcome of a game is just low hanging fruit. There's times when the job they do is questionable but it's gotten to the point where fans (from all teams) are squawking about who's being assigned before the game even starts 😥

Your insight and knowledge about the game is impeccable. Just curious if you've ever considered running for the board of directors and getting on the executive. We could really use a voice like yours.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Hey Tim Wallach. Really enjoyed your OHL Podcast all season. I particularly liked your take on officiating in the last one. Too often blaming officiating for the outcome of a game is just low hanging fruit. There's times when the job they do is questionable but it's gotten to the point where fans (from all teams) are squawking about who's being assigned before the game even starts 😥

Your insight and knowledge about the game is impeccable. Just curious if you've ever considered running for the board of directors and getting on the executive. We could really use a voice like yours.
I’ll go on to add that Tim’s addition to the podcast, and Paul Fixter’s addition to the game night broadcast are huge improvements. Both are much more listenable than they used to be.

Hats off all around!!!

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Development camp is THIS WEEKEND?........

1713897853798.png

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario

I’ll go on to add that Tim’s addition to the podcast, and Paul Fixter’s addition to the game night broadcast are huge improvements. Both are much more listenable than they used to be.

Hats off all around!!!
Thank you so much rangersblues and Even. Very much appreciate you both listening. And right back at you in terms of enjoying your comments and insights on this board.

As for the board, I haven't ever seriously considered it, no. Life seemed to have enough commitments these days, but I have to admit, I'd love to see some of the posters on here have a say on the board.

I really appreciate the kind words.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Thank you so much rangersblues and Even. Very much appreciate you both listening. And right back at you in terms of enjoying your comments and insights on this board.

As for the board, I haven't ever seriously considered it, no. Life seemed to have enough commitments these days, but I have to admit, I'd love to see some of the posters on here have a say on the board.

In other words you're holding out for the OHL Commissioners job!
I do agree 👍

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

I'll have to check it out. Always appreciate the thoughts here ( and on the NHL board where ya picked the right team to support ;) )
Always good insight. And ref blaming is absolutely weak. Definitely need to check that one out.
If it's against rules to post podcast link publicly could someone here DM me?

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
I'll have to check it out. Always appreciate the thoughts here ( and on the NHL board where ya picked the right team to support ;) )
Always good insight. And ref blaming is absolutely weak. Definitely need to check that one out.
If it's against rules to post podcast link publicly could someone here DM me?
If you could DM me too it would be much appreciated, Tim

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I would also add my name to the list of people wanting a DM with the podcast link.

Thanks in advance!

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Ran across this online, might interest hockey, OHL, and Ranger fans

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Camp has been announced and XU will be there.......

Saturday, April 27th:
10:00am – Game 1: Team Blue vs. Team White
6:00pm – Game 2: Team Blue vs. Team White

Sunday, April 28th:
10:00am – Game 3: Team Blue vs. Team White
Just wondering, is FA invite Micheal Modopolous any relation to former Ranger Jason Modopolous?

If so, this guy may be a tough one based on bloodlines and his pims this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad