Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
2nd last season

I remember how indignant their entire board was about how 'dirty' the Rangers are when Xhekaj was in his last season here...so it's hilarious when some of them come in here to pretend they are objective when they tell us they're player's dirty hit that injured another player was actually not that bad. Pound sand.

The "entire board" was indignant?
I was (am) an X fan and never talked about him as dirty. ( more a fan now he is wearing the CH ) I know Nelli was abig fan of X in junior as well.
Loved his game, development and work ethic thru Jr even thou he was a pain to have your team play against. Always gave him props.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
As far as the hit I'll guess 2-3 games.
I don't think KL made the contact with malice and hoping to concussion n injure Motew ( but JMO based on his history, watching him play and his body language/positioning on the play)
I think he meant yo get in his way, hit him and it went bad. Bad hit that shoulda and did get a 5 n a game.
Gotta take responsibility for that hit the game is rightfully trying to eliminate) As for a suspension I can see 0-4 but I'll go with 2/3. ( got the SoR 2 games right)

As far as Sim.....I could see that type being cheered on at the Aud if he wore blue n red ( I'm not a fan of the chirping after a whistle and for my liking it's too much with him )

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
IMG_6778.jpeg

flamebird

Jul 28, 2007
Jack Labrash is a monster down low with the puck. He's the definition of a late bloomer. Unsure if he has a spot on the roster in the fall but fans will love him during camp.
After watching this London series -- looks like the exact player the Rangers will need in these type of playoff games. Big 6'5" power player with some skill. Those guys might bloom late, but always a nuisance to play against at older years.

Mar 12, 2009
The "entire board" was indignant?
I was (am) an X fan and never talked about him as dirty. ( more a fan now he is wearing the CH ) I know Nelli was abig fan of X in junior as well.
Loved his game, development and work ethic thru Jr even thou he was a pain to have your team play against. Always gave him props.
Most of the board. Sorry to make you indignant about semantics.

• Haha
Reactions: rve24

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
As far as the hit I'll guess 2-3 games.
I don't think KL made the contact with malice and hoping to concussion n injure Motew ( but JMO based on his history, watching him play and his body language/positioning on the play)
I think he meant yo get in his way, hit him and it went bad. Bad hit that shoulda and did get a 5 n a game.
Gotta take responsibility for that hit the game is rightfully trying to eliminate) As for a suspension I can see 0-4 but I'll go with 2/3. ( got the SoR 2 games right)

As far as Sim.....I could see that type being cheered on at the Aud if he wore blue n red ( I'm not a fan of the chirping after a whistle and for my liking it's too much with him )

5 games.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Where's Carson Campbell been?

Also, 5 games for Lawrence
Campbell is injured. But I don’t remember how or when.

Getting five games, I can only assume Motew is a no go tonight. That does not leave us much on the backend. We were already using a 16 year old rookie F back there.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
5 Games feels longer than I was expecting. Was thinking 3 or 4.

Lawrence drops the shoulder in to the head concussing a player so it makes sense.

Sure he is bigger than Motew, but you need to have more control of your body and a better understanding of where you are on the ice. It's also the exact hit they are trying to take out of the game. So I get it.

Last edited:

TheBlueMonster

Sep 14, 2022
I am surprised at 5 games.

I think it was a dangerous avoidable hit by Lawrence. But 5 games seamed steep.

Nothing compared to a concussion however.

I am not sure how tonight is going to go. Unfortunately I just think the gas tank is empty. Real shame Motew wont be able to finish his OHL career on the ice. One of the more underrated Rangers in recent memory.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Lawrence getting five for concussing another player after Savard was put out is getting off light. Motew has been targetted. That comes directly from Hunter. Coaches see a weakness which is the Ranger defense. They focus on this in practice. Have to expect your D to be hit with legal hits. There is no need to totally injure players and possibly ruin their chances of playing at a higher level in the future. League maybe has to look at where this is coming from. Rangers are pooched as far as this series goes without a solid defense. Possibly were with one.

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
This is almost solely on the league in my eyes. They allow Hunter to run one of the top organizations in hockey without any consequences for his direct actions. He was one of the dirtiest players of his time and maybe all time, and now he gets to impress his style of play onto teenagers who will do anything to play for his team. I understand he's developed legit stars for the nhl but when you're also developing dirty players in your image and allowing non-Ohl level player (S. boulton) to freely play so that he can be your goon an injury players you lose any respect.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
As far as suspensions go it's like ground hog day with the OHL. All these players being concussed or injured and the league thinks they have a handle on it. The injured players sit out until they are healthy and cleared by a doctor. Mean while the offending players are right back in action after a couple of games running at opposing players again trying to stay on the edge. This is junior hockey not the NHL. I guess contending teams try to win at all costs. It is a little sick when opposing fans disregard a young man being concussed. With some it goes with the territory.

Last edited:

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I think 5 games for Lawrence based on that hit in itself is a little long. However I believe this is a message being sent to the organization to knock it off. Had it been one of London's repeat offenders I think it would have been even longer.

London has a history of playing tough hockey that some consider to be on the edge. I've never had that big of a problem with it personally. This year it seems like they've taken it to another level. I'm sure those wearing the green tinted glasses will disagree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad